Vsonic GR06 Review
Mar 31, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #93 of 385
From tipidpc. Yes, the product is genuine and the seller actually provide 3 months personal warranty and will help you claim your 1 year warranty from Vsonic itself. Or you can send an email containing the serial from the vendor and confirm if the product is genuine. Hope that helps.

I'm currently using the bi flange tips. They provide the best sound (for me) and seal. Wonder how they will sound after burn-in. hmm :)

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #94 of 385
So basically the GR06 has more bass while the 4 pro has better treble?

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #96 of 385

Quote:
I just bought my pair of GR06 from lendmeurears.com, and i surprisingly love them. It cost me about $58 including shipping to California, and arrived in less than 5 days.

I claim to know nothing about IEMs, but I do have some knowledge in Amps and over-ear headphones. I own a pair of Sennheiser HD595, and while their open air background creates a great soundstage, I feel like the Sennheisers lack a little bit of the lower end frequencies.

The GR06 cost me about 1/5 the cost of the Sennheisers and sound almost as great. They are a little bit bass heavy as earlier people have mentioned, but their noise isolation is great and I absolutely love them. I also know comparing a pair of IEMs with a pair of over the ear open air headphones is like comparing cats and dogs; but that's my only benchmark at the moment because I am a pewr college kid. 

All i can say is, if someone is on the edge about buying a pair of GR06, I would simply just buy them.

I been on the fence on what iem to buy. After reading the review and your post, I jumped on it immediately. Unfortunately I been waiting a week for paypal to release my payment, as it was flagged due to suspicious activity :/.  Damn you paypal...  

Are you using the Gr06 on a amp? If so, was there a significant change in sound quality? I purchased an e17 in hopes of tightening the bass and overall sound quality.  

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #97 of 385
Hey Civictyper16,

I use the GR06 sometimes on my Iphone 4S, without an amp, when I'm on the go. I also use it on my Laptop, which has an X-FI sound card by creative, a low end one.

I also sometimes use the GR06 on my desktop, which has a Creative X-FI Platinum sound card, with an I/O deck (not the Fatality one). The I/O deck is somewhat like a DAC/AMP, not that powerful but can blast the hell out of my Sennheiser 595s. 

I have tried the GR06 on my friend's  Fiio E9, and it did very little to make a difference to my ears as opposed to my Desktop I/O deck. Maybe it might to others' ears but not mine. The input impedance is only 24 ohms on the GR06s, which is less than half of my Sennheiser 595s, which is 50 ohm input impedance. 

I am currently a computer engineering student, close to graduation, and I am working on a Tube Amp / USB 2.0 asynchronous DAC. I am a newbie though in the whole field, and I'm learning as I go along. Impedance matching a big problem in the audio industry and is handled easily by most digital applications today. But for the GR06, you don't really have to worry about that too much, it does not take a lot of power to deliver the necessary load for the GR06.

I do not know what kind of a sound card you have, but I'm sure the E17 can only help your situation, not hurt you. I clearly notice a difference between listening to them on my Iphone/Laptop as opposed to my Desktop, but that shouldn't be a problem for you while having that E17 amp. The major difference between not having an amp on my Iphone as opposed to my Desktop is that the GR06 are more bass friendly on the Desktop. That is  to be expected though.

I do have to admit that I am spoiled by the Sennheisers, the open air cans are so relaxing that I can listen to them for hours on end. For the GR06s, I have to take them off after about an hour and let my ears breathe. I guess that's the price you pay for isolation. As compared to the Sennheisers, they do lack some of the treble. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #99 of 385
Mark, from all the VSonic offerings you have (GR04,06,07), which has adjustable nozzles?

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #102 of 385
Yeah the 06 do.  I believe it's only the 04 that don't.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #103 of 385
The GR07, GR06, and R04 all have rotating nozzles. 
wink.gif

Click here for a gallery of the R04

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #105 of 385
Which one has better sound quality? the GR06 or SHE 3580?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back