Vsonic GR06 Review
Mar 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #77 of 385
I dunno if it's the crowded place I'm in right now, but I'm kinda lost. First you said "I have no trouble saying these sit below the 4 Pro Flagship, or at least what I know as the product called that. The 6 to me implies these should sit above them and just a hair behind the fabulous GR07, which they don’t."

Then you said: "They are every bit as outstandingly and amazingly good as the GR07 was but at a different price level."
Can you clarify? Was the 2nd statement the conclusion after the burn-in? Thanks!

EDIT: It's the crowded place. I get it now, lol. Sorry. Nice review btw. Thanks! :)

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #79 of 385
Ordered!  Looking forward to these 
etysmile.gif

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #80 of 385

Quote:
Ordered!  Looking forward to these 
etysmile.gif

Will be interesting to see how you compare these to your IE8.
I'm currently working in China and have been looking for any of the good Chinese manufacturers where I am (Zhuhai)......impossible to find! It's crazy!  Plenty of just about any other brand you can think of.  I tried both IE7 & IE8 and I must say I prefer the GR06, Senns always have a veil to them.  If only I can find the GR07 here!!!

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #81 of 385

Quote:
I dunno if it's the crowded place I'm in right now, but I'm kinda lost. First you said "I have no trouble saying these sit below the 4 Pro Flagship, or at least what I know as the product called that. The 6 to me implies these should sit above them and just a hair behind the fabulous GR07, which they don’t."
Then you said: "They are every bit as outstandingly and amazingly good as the GR07 was but at a different price level."
Can you clarify? Was the 2nd statement the conclusion after the burn-in? Thanks!
EDIT: It's the crowded place. I get it now, lol. Sorry. Nice review btw. Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

to clarify, i am not saying they sound equaly as good as the GR07.  the GR07 are much better.  the GR07 has been widely praised as being excellent and a fantastic all rounder.  the GR06 in its own price range is equally as stunning and fantastic. 

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #82 of 385

Quote:
Mark, I recall you liked the IE7 quite a bit a while back.  Maybe you still do.  

I'm curious about what your thoughts are on how the GR06 is compared to the IE7.  

they are of a similar nature, the ie7 is somewhat superior as you would expect.  very similar flavors though and the gr06 is rather closer to the ie7 that thour price tag would suggest they should be.

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #84 of 385
I just bought my pair of GR06 from lendmeurears.com, and i surprisingly love them. It cost me about $58 including shipping to California, and arrived in less than 5 days.

I claim to know nothing about IEMs, but I do have some knowledge in Amps and over-ear headphones. I own a pair of Sennheiser HD595, and while their open air background creates a great soundstage, I feel like the Sennheisers lack a little bit of the lower end frequencies.

The GR06 cost me about 1/5 the cost of the Sennheisers and sound almost as great. They are a little bit bass heavy as earlier people have mentioned, but their noise isolation is great and I absolutely love them. I also know comparing a pair of IEMs with a pair of over the ear open air headphones is like comparing cats and dogs; but that's my only benchmark at the moment because I am a pewr college kid. 

All i can say is, if someone is on the edge about buying a pair of GR06, I would simply just buy them.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #85 of 385
Am I the only one who wears these straight down? The only headphones I've tried over my oddly-shaped ears that don't fall are meelec m6's. like it's the shape of the housings. even with the guides. I get an equally good seal worn down anyways. The more I listen to these headphones the more I really enjoy them.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #86 of 385
How do these compare to the MEE A151, Brainwavz M4, and Nuforce's offerings? I've listened to the A151 and found it to have a very nice, balanced sound across the frequency spectrum. Bass response and extension weren't anywhere close to my GR07's but not bad for a BA driver, though the only other BA I've heard is an E4c, which has the worst bass I've heard in any decent IEM. I used to own an NE-7M, which was pretty good but ultimately a bit bass heavy and muddy. And I just ordered the M4 for $28 to use in the gym, as my GR07's left earguide keeps twisting and falling off my ear.

I read far too many IEM reviews on here that claim the IEM in question is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't even remember the last time I read a negative review. It'd be nice if reviewers made sure to do side-by-side comparisons with other IEM's in the same price range. This would allow reviews to be a bit more objective, I think.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #87 of 385
i just received my GR06 and have to say that these are very comfortable and its the first time i used ear hooks and they wear also very comfortable. The cable is also really nice and soft. I listened to a few songs before i put them away to burn in and i liked what i heard :) 

the only con i found is the missing chin slider because the cable dont stay behind the ear like the M6's cable does.  But then again you can use the ear hooks for it but i dont like to use ear hooks.

i have a question:
 will these ear tips fit the GR06 or the meelec M6? 

http://stores.ebay.com/Lostearbuds/Memory-Foam-/_i.html?_fsub=2613068012&_sid=102131412&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #88 of 385

Quote:
How do these compare to the MEE A151, Brainwavz M4, and Nuforce's offerings? I've listened to the A151 and found it to have a very nice, balanced sound across the frequency spectrum. Bass response and extension weren't anywhere close to my GR07's but not bad for a BA driver, though the only other BA I've heard is an E4c, which has the worst bass I've heard in any decent IEM. I used to own an NE-7M, which was pretty good but ultimately a bit bass heavy and muddy. And I just ordered the M4 for $28 to use in the gym, as my GR07's left earguide keeps twisting and falling off my ear.

I read far too many IEM reviews on here that claim the IEM in question is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't even remember the last time I read a negative review. It'd be nice if reviewers made sure to do side-by-side comparisons with other IEM's in the same price range. This would allow reviews to be a bit more objective, I think.

I've owned the A151 in the past and I can say the GR06 is superior in all aspects except perhaps for speed. The A151 sounded too compromised in the highs and lows, with neither extending far enough for my tastes. The GR06 isn't a "best IEM evarrrr" by any means, but it's definitely at the top of the heap amongst the other $60ish offerings out there. They make a nice complement to the GR07 by virtue of their more fun and darker-tinged sound while still retaining good clarity.

OT: That's a great price for the M4's.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #89 of 385
Hi Mark

I'm looking for some everyday IEMs right now and am torn between these and the RE-262. I'll be using them with a DX100, so sensitivity doesn't matter one iota. Which would you recommend?
I like a slightly mid forward sound, with resonable extension at both ends of the spectrum.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #90 of 385

Quote:
Hi Mark

I'm looking for some everyday IEMs right now and am torn between these and the RE-262. I'll be using them with a DX100, so sensitivity doesn't matter one iota. Which would you recommend?
I like a slightly mid forward sound, with resonable extension at both ends of the spectrum.

erm the 262 is vastly beyond these.  they cost rather more too but if you have read my 262 review http://www.head-fi.org/t/532927/hifiman-re-262-review then youll see they are clealy better.  if your budget includes them no question go for them.  not really two products id think of as being competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back