Vsonic GR06 Review
Jan 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #21 of 385
Mark, great write-up! I will be getting a pair.

You wrote about paring them with a Fiio - which one did you try, and can you describe the change?
I have an E6 - just wondering if I should bother using it with these, or keep things streamlined and use them straight from my Fuze.

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #22 of 385

Quote:
Mark, great write-up! I will be getting a pair.

You wrote about paring them with a Fiio - which one did you try, and can you describe the change?
I have an E6 - just wondering if I should bother using it with these, or keep things streamlined and use them straight from my Fuze.

i was using on E5 so yeah if you have the E6 isay use it and add impedance too if you can.  of course try it with just the fuse, ive never used it so cant say exactly how it will go but ify oualready have the E6 it would be silly not to try both ways.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #23 of 385
I think that I am not the only one confused by the names that VSONIC gives to that poor R04.
I was wondering if the £42 GR04 Pro Audiophile (Pro Classic revised) is really superior to GR06. I could afford that £10 difference if I am going to get a better IEM.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #24 of 385

Quote:
I think that I am not the only one confused by the names that VSONIC gives to that poor R04.
I was wondering if the £42 GR04 Pro Audiophile (Pro Classic revised) is really superior to GR06. I could afford that £10 difference if I am going to get a better IEM.

yes

assuming its the 4 pro flagship one i have.  with the names though i cant promise that is actualy what i have.  i know there was 4 pro that was a step below the 4 pro flagship but i never heard it so if its that i cant say how they compare.

still the 4 that i have is better but its a more natural/neutral sound that may not be as to your tastes as the warmer, richer 6.  either way your not going to get anything bad or poor value for money.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #25 of 385
Thanks Mark.
I can't find anywhere in EU/UK the 6 so I was thinking to pull the trigger on 4s. I must admit that I would prefer more the warm rich "fun" sound over the natural. I don't need them for studio monitors so I would like some more taste in my sound.
Does the fact that they are an older model affect them in any means?
If I understand correctly the "Flagship" that you have reviewed still remains "Flagship".
The first R04 had a revision to R04 Pro then R04 Pro Classic and now R04 Pro Audiophily. I believe that all 3 "Pros" are the same model and the simple R04 is discontinued.
Judging by the seller's pictures the Audiophile have marked just R04 instead your Flagship  R04PRO.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #26 of 385
I know frogbeats are out of stock at the moment but hopefully back in soon (fingers crossed), I'll find out more tomorrow hopefully.  There is a guy on ebay selling them but he won't be back until the 29th (after Chinese New Year):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VSONIC-GR06-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380378110428

Interestingly he has both the GR04Pro Updated Version and the Flagship Version, £39.78 & £73.79.  That's a big difference!

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #27 of 385

Quote:
I know frogbeats are out of stock at the moment but hopefully back in soon (finger crossed), I'll find ut more tomorrow hopefully.  There is a guy on ebay selling them but he won't be back until the 29th (after Chinese New Year):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VSONIC-GR06-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380378110428

Interestingly he has both the GR04Pro Updated Version and the Flagship Version, £39.78 & £73.79.  That's a big difference!

That's the guy I bought mine from on ebay.. Great guy to deal with.. My GR06 came in today and I have to agree with Mark that these are quite a bargain for $58USD..

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 385

Quote:
I know frogbeats are out of stock at the moment but hopefully back in soon (fingers crossed), I'll find out more tomorrow hopefully.  There is a guy on ebay selling them but he won't be back until the 29th (after Chinese New Year):

Ha! we live in the same city dude! Are you a student? Probably we are in the same class! xD
by the way this seller is in HK and i think vsls wants to buy from Europe. Lendmeurears have even better price for the gr06 but again situated in Asia. Personally i dont care since i bought the gr07 from lendmeurears.
The seller you posted has it right i think.. Anything called GR04 Pro, original, first version, updated version are the ones Clieos reviews. Then they released the gr04 flagship to state that they are superior than the simple gr04 and because of complaints the make it GR04 audiophile to state that are the audiophile version of the simple gr04.
Thats my personal opinion and Clieos could clear this up since i think he has a closer relation with the people over vsonic.

To connclude i think vsonic did a stupit move with this name thing. The same mistake sunrise did with the xcited-xciting-Ie and whotever else. People get confused, the product loses its unique marketing focus an sellers try to get advantage. Vsls if this seller you are reffering he is actually selling the first simple version of gr04. The specs stated 24 ohm and as Mark brought to light the flagship-audiophile version has 50ohm. I dont know if the seller did it on purpose but he plays with words. saying they are the gr04 Audiophile iems making us confused.

EDIT: and a news gift for Mark! vsonic also names the first version of the gr04 as GR04 ‘Luxury Classic edition’    
biggrin.gif
luxury, audiophile, flagship, pro, updated version, first version, classic.. Guys over vsonic certainly messed thing up
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back