1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

VSonic GR06 or HiFiMan RE-400??? The top sub-$100 IEM?

1. parth95
    Okay, ignoring the price difference..
    For Rock (all kinds of rock), would the RE-400 beat out the GR06, or other way around?

I am not an audiophile by any means...to me, the Klipsch S4i sounded perfect..so yea. But since im spending the money, I want the best I can get, you know?
    I like hearing the distinct instruments, and hearing the words spoken are really important..

I figure that if I spend the extra $35 for the RE-400, I get a warranty, whereas I get iffy warranty with the GR06, so that is the tossup. The quality of sound determines my answer.

Original Thread:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/687948/vsonic-gr06-hifiman-re-400-or-shure-se215-rock-music-under-100-iems

2. zamorin
    What do you mean you get "iffy' warranty from Vsonic? I would assume they give the same warranty as RE-400. I believe GR06 will be better in rock genre than RE-400, which has a more flat frequency response from the reviews.

3. parth95
    Ahh, I apologize for not elaborating!
    I mean, VSonic will make me send the product to China, which should cost a good amount, and it will take much longer..which will make me debate if it's worth it.

Thank you for the reply!
    Yeaa, thats what I been reading too, that the RE-400 seem "flat" although I am not experienced enough of an audiophile to actually understand..

4. zamorin
    Re-400 is also from China. You don't have to sent it back to China?

5. parth95
    Oh...
    Okay, from my previous thread, here, I was told that the RE-400's warranty is normal, whereas for the GR06, that would need to be sent to China.