vote for your favourite cheap amp (below ~$80)
Nov 11, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually prefer the 2134 with iems. Looking at his ad in your sig, biosciencegeeks cmoy is priced a bit high for what looks like spray painted protoboard glued into a tin. I also dont agree with what he wrote about circuit boards. Do you have any pictures of the amp? His pics dont show much.

yes - i don't know about iems, i use full size cans only - so i guess it would depend on what you use it for - i am just saying that there is a lack of flexibility in the product which doesn't suite me. i don't have pics of the bsg cmoy, but his product has a lot of good feedback, and he has sold a lot of them...i'm playing devail's advocate - but ultimately, for me, sq is more important than a fancy case, nice looking, etc. if a manufacturer has to cut corners on the case etc. to give me better sq then that's my pref. YMMV of course...

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #33 of 58
So, would you guys think this mini3 would be a good choice for that slightly over 80 dollar option(with cashback
tongue.gif
)?

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, would you guys think this mini3 would be a good choice for that slightly over 80 dollar option(with cashback
tongue.gif
)?

I would not buy that one. He doesn't mention the opamps used which is an immediate negative for me personally. Also he initially makes it seem as if hes including a battery and charger but says on the bottom it would be $100 + ship to include those items. Try asking in the FS forums here instead.

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
krisjan, i will be putting an advert in the for sale forum very soon for an "mseed spirit" amp if you are interested. A very nice, warm sounding amp.

great - thanks i looked at those - they are all out of production?
anyway, i'll look out for it...i probably shouldn't though with all these economic problems
frown.gif
...but let's see

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #38 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too like head amps without a volume controller. Most pots seem to degrade and smear the sound. The best low priced volume pot that I heard is the panasonic evj in tangents cmoy guide. Its a shame so many amps come with that alps combo switch one. I'm not a fan of them at all.

I will disagree with you in one specific case - using a LOD from the ipod. The LOD sounds much better than the headphone jack, but if you use the LOD, you must use an amp with a volume control.

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #39 of 58
Ok where the EFF do you find all these? I been looking for the past day almost straight. For Mini3 and Penguin Caffeine???

And I have only found the PA2V2 on Ebay and not for buyout either. Have to bid for it. -_-

Anyone know what a good maximum should be to pay for the PA2V2?

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #41 of 58
and from the last link above there is 3 professional builders of the mini3 you could approach - two of them is well over $100-00 - and then there is this well-known member of head-fi: x86inside@charter.net - misterX - i think he builds on a one-on-one basis based upon requests, and he has a very good reputation - maybe you can get it cheaper from him, based upon your spec?

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #43 of 58
i've only ever heard the PA2V2... it was my first amp so it holds a special place in my heart...

got a fiio e3 on the way

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #45 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by clownzee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
time to update the poll with the Fiio E5! hehe

it's not possible to edit the poll though, is it? if someboby knows how - pls let me know...else i'll just have to make a new one
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back