Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Dec 7, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #841 of 873
it depends on what IEM I listen to, some pair better with the Dou, and others with the P2, the P2 has a cleaner more revealing sound to it, where the Dou tends to sound thicker/heavier/more fun with more emphasis on the lower end, but with the EQ switches/bass and treble, you can tweak the sound more, but overall the P2 is more cleaner and revealing, if your looking for a more analytical sound, but both are very awesome and very musical, adding to the soundstage and presence of whatever you'd be listening to, I pair with my brighter IEM's with the Dou, and my darker IEM's with the P2,

That's really helpful context. Thanks. Interestingly though I've got 2 pairs of iems for now, my noble k10s for fun and laylas for a bit more analytical. The thing is I'm considering the aeon 2 closed (as I need some closed over ears...WAF) and will probably end up using the Vorzuge with them. Maybe I'll have to think how that will pair with them....hmmmmm.

Or i need to think about other closed backs that might play well with the P2s (as then I can save more for the closed backs)

Edit: sp

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #843 of 873
Hi everyone, currently i have Meier 2Stepdance amp (it sounds like Meier Quickstep). I am just curious that if the Vorzuge amp Pure II+ or Pro are an upgrade from 2Stepdance in term of sound?

Jan 7, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #845 of 873
It looks like this by the way.

Attachments

• 4B597634-04D9-4FB2-ADA9-056A0FE89522.jpeg
    4B597634-04D9-4FB2-ADA9-056A0FE89522.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 8, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #851 of 873
Having used the pure II+ almost daily for 3 years, and the pure II max for almost a year now, I can tell you that in spite of Vorzuge’s own masterpiece of understatement, the new amp is much much better in just about every conceivable way possible.
Where is the Max?

C88B06F2-1CCD-451C-8E50-AA900D940F7A.png

The difference between the II+ and IIPro from my understanding was that the former is USB B, the latter USB C (faster charging).

Very happy to be informed correctly!! :)

Sep 10, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #853 of 873
Think he meant Pro ?
Don’t think I will be upgrading any time soon.
I’m completely happy with the II+.
Wonderful sounding amp that just happens to be portable.
Sorry yes I did mean the Pure II PRO. I changed expecting not much of an improvement either, I just got frustrated that no new portable amplifier (or any amplifier for that matter) could provide a sound that competed on any level with the pure II+ to drive my much loved (and IMHO hugely underrated) Ultrasone Ed5. So, having recently purchased a Hugo 2, I thought I would take a chance on the new amp anyway to power this wonderful sounding DAC (but ironically perfectly dreadful sounding DAC\Amp - it should be used to power nothing!) So like most people I wasn’t expecting much of an improvement over the still amazing sounding pure II+, after all it looks identical, costs almost the same, and even Vorzuge couldn’t be bothered to put out a new spec sheet for it or a proper description on their website (I even had to mail them to confirm it had USB C!) So I sat down with the the PROs to do an A/B comparison with the + hoping I would reach a favourable conclusion by the end of the day. Well that lasted about 10, maybe 15 seconds, because OMG! When you listen to the PRO there simply isn’t any going back to the +, non at all. It just does everything the + does even better. And yes I’m talking about faster, more controlled and hard hitting bass, even more transparent midrange moving vocals to a whole new level. Even the top end is more refined (how is that possible over the +?). In short there is an impression of a huge increase of power and control, but in terms of specification there is none at all. But of course specs aren’t worth a damn, I mean, Hugo 2 on its own is supposed to be able to power just about anything. Errr… no. I mean I am a bit weird with this though, I do use two PROs bridged in dual mono to push my ed5s. That’s a different level of SQ, but I’d be surprised if those of you using just a single Vorzuge to push iems aren’t going to be equally amazed.
6F44E0D4-390C-4492-AB29-3E922F964235.jpeg

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #854 of 873
I have a Vorz Pure II, but havent been used for a long time because all my stuff rn are balanced.

What are my options if I were looking for portable amp (not dac/amp), with SQ similar or better than the Vorz with 4.4 output?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back