Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Feb 17, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #796 of 873
2E24B320-7417-4011-AF11-0A6173CA0AB6.jpeg
Another happy Vorzuge user here.

It plays very well with 600 Ohm vintage Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic headphones. Mojo is on vacation today.

This is actualy quite nice way of stacking things together - Cling nano strips.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #797 of 873
Recently let go a Headstage Arrow 5tx amp and while I don’t regret the decision I am missing having a truly portable external amp. Anyone done a comparison with the Vorzuge amps? Or indeed the Alo rxiii? I’d welcome any guidance (oh and if anyone’s looking to offload their Vorzuge, I could well be interested!!)

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #798 of 873
Pure 2+ (with Mojo acting as DAC) has a bit thicker, more musical rounded sound than Mojo alone. It is less spiky, less sharp and less dry (that defines Mojo’s delicate character, which can get unpleasant if you notice it). Pure 2+ gives juicier sound, a little less bright, a little wider, more coherent, maybe less neutral and less analytical. Highs may not be as prominent as with Mojo, background is a little less clear, there is more bass and lower mids than with Mojo. One is not better than the other. Mojo is more neutral, and Pure2+ is more enjoyable. Space presentation in Pure2+ is more “open”, tridimensional, more noticeable - Mojo is flat.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #799 of 873
Pure 2+ (with Mojo acting as DAC) has a bit thicker, more musical rounded sound than Mojo alone. It is less spiky, less sharp and less dry (that defines Mojo’s delicate character, which can get unpleasant if you notice it). Pure 2+ gives juicier sound, a little less bright, a little wider, more coherent, maybe less neutral and less analytical. Highs may not be as prominent as with Mojo, background is a little less clear, there is more bass and lower mids than with Mojo. One is not better than the other. Mojo is more neutral, and Pure2+ is more enjoyable. Space presentation in Pure2+ is more “open”, tridimensional, more noticeable - Mojo is flat.

That jives very well with my impressions paired with Mojo.

My current portable setup, paired with SR15. All playback controlled from my phone using MConnect. Just an awesome sounding and super versatile setup.

IMG_20190405_151702.jpg

May 13, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #800 of 873
I like how it plays with HD540 a LOT. Dream come true. It scales headphones’ sound well.
Here it is with HD580.. I prefered for a while more neutral pairing with Mojo to that of Pure2+ with HD580. Pure2+ makes the sound moody, darker, slightly warmer, more pleasing it is actually quite nice pairing too.
78DA996C-D03D-4673-BB47-422E789080F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #801 of 873
Well.. the amp arrived. The cable I was asking for was in the box.. so everything is Ok. And yea.. it sounds really nice :)

Hi. What's the best way to contact vorzuge? I sent an email to the customer service address and use their contact us form. But they are not responding back.

Planning to get the Pure II+ battery. I ordered and paid via paypal, but my order was placed on hold for a couple of days now.
@zloxious where did you buy the amp? Directly at vorzuge.com? Because I ordered a Duo II two days ago and payed via Paypal and the order is still on hold like it was with the order of @xnuthecaveman
I should have bought it at moon audio :frowning2:

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #802 of 873
So I got my VorzAMP Duo II today, and it seems they shipped the amp right away but didn't get in touch with me ... then I wrote them 2 times, then they mailed me the tracking number. So it seems as if they have a bit of a conversation problem.

BUT it doesn't matter ... why? Because this little beast sounds so darn amazing I can't believe it. They bring my Stellia to live! Also the EQ switch on the first position is a beautiful sound to behold. Wow, simply wow! (I am listening with the Calyx M as a source and the Focal Stellia as my main headphones)

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #803 of 873
Hey guys, interested in purchasing a Pure II please pm me if you have one to sell. Thanks

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #806 of 873
I've got a second hand Duo which I love, but recently it's been draining the battery even when switched off. Have replaced the batteries but no difference, the battery only lasts a day or so. Anyone else experience this it have any thoughts?

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #807 of 873
I've got a second hand Duo which I love, but recently it's been draining the battery even when switched off. Have replaced the batteries but no difference, the battery only lasts a day or so. Anyone else experience this it have any thoughts?
Have you solved the problem? Otherwise I would contact Vorzüge directly. Maybe they can advise you. But they need a few days to respond. At least when I email them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back