Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
May 16, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #452 of 873
I'm torn between the pureii+ and the portaphile 627. Anyone has any experience with these 2 and can convince me to get either one?

May 16, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #454 of 873

what dap & iem are you using now?
music preference?

I'm using the ak100mkii and my iphone6. More towards my iphone 6 as I'm using spotify. I'm into female vocals like taylor swift and kpop singers as well as Jason Mraz, that genre of songs. Any recommendations? 

May 16, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #455 of 873
  I'm using the ak100mkii and my iphone6. More towards my iphone 6 as I'm using spotify. I'm into female vocals like taylor swift and kpop singers as well as Jason Mraz, that genre of songs. Any recommendations? 

ak100mk2 or ak100ii?
i used to pair my pureII and ak100mk2 before...
i also love listening to female vocals & country songs..
that combo pairs well at least for my ears...
this goes i think the same with pureII+...

the 627 has this tubey sound in which i dont think matches your genres..
and not to mention also its poor batt life..

May 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #456 of 873

ak100mk2 or ak100ii?
i used to pair my pureII and ak100mk2 before...
i also love listening to female vocals & country songs..
that combo pairs well at least for my ears...
this goes i think the same with pureII+...

the 627 has this tubey sound in which i dont think matches your genres..
and not to mention also its poor batt life..

I'm using the ak100mk2. What iem did you used to use with the ak100mk2 + pureii?  so what are you using now? I might just go ahead with the pureii+

May 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #458 of 873

i was using the InEar SD2..
now, am on ak240>hugo..

Oh and using which IEM now? I was also considering the hugo but too big for me. LOL

May 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #460 of 873
InEar is SD4s is nice... Thanks for the help man. Hopefully I won't regret my purchase. :)

May 21, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #462 of 873
Received my Pure II+ today not listened to it for any length of time but paired with my iPhone 6 it has given me two things I have been missing since I sold of my DX90 : Volume control and a more intimate, less clinical and austere sound straight out of my iPhone 6. Currently only tried it with CE6P, L2 and maybe SD2 to follow.

Although admittedly the first impression was 'oh my gosh this is tiny!'

May 22, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #463 of 873
Nobody else has impressions of their II+ ? I have been listening to it since yesterday and I have to admit that it really beats the sound out of my iPhone 6 handily!

The main benefit - especially with the L2 - is the instrument seperation, you don't even need to listen very carefully to pick up things that were there and audible before but now occupy their own space. It has made listening through the iPhone alone as if the whole arrangement has collapsed into a single point. The base is now fully layered much better articulated and punchier while being very well controlled.

Treble is better defined yet well rounded without harshness or sibilance, it has a sweetness to it and a distinct lack of the annoying edginess, it is for lack of better word less digital and artificial than when listening through my iPhone. In a way it reminds me very much of the DX90 treble but with much better definition.

Vocals are unbelievable, they simply shine through the II+. There is a sweetness and cleanliness to them and although they are not forward as such they are definitely on equal footing. This comes through to the L2 which through the iPhone alone definitely hid the mids a bit to the background further away from you.

I can hear nothing out of it on low gain through the CE6P, and also nothing through the L2 on mid gain. High gain hisses very audibly through both and I wouldn't suggest it for anything but much more power hungry headphones. There is also an increase in dynamics on mid gain for the CE6P but there is a trade-off with a bit of background noise. If you tend to listen to lowish volumes (like I do) you will have to restrict yourself to low gain for sensitivie earphones.

I've got to admit that I did not know what to expect from an amp connected to my phone but it has seriously delivered a much more complete and enjoyable sound.

Thx Vorzuge!

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #464 of 873
A question for Pure II (and II+) owners. I recently ordered a Pure II+, but got a Pure II instead
blink.gif
 I assume this will be corrected soon by Vorzüge, but in the mean time I'm listening to the Pure II. It seems the Pure II boosts the (high) mids quite a bit, more than I would've thought, which makes it a bit more forward to listen to than straight out of my DX90.

One thing that's bothering me, though, is that listening through the Pure II is a bit painful on my ears. Even at fairly low volumes (with the Vsonic GR07, the volume on the DX90 at -12 dB (running rockbox), the Pure II on low gain and the volume knob somewhere between 7 and 8 'o clock (much lower and the right channel drops out)) there seems to be some sound pressure on my ear, almost like there is something I can't quite actually hear, but is still causing sound pressure. With the HE-560 it's the same. If I keep the volume low enough it isn't bothersome, but with a bit more volume it starts to get somewhat painful. If I just listen straight from the DX90 (or Sansa Fuze or FiiO X3) I don't have this, only with the Pure II.

Did anyone else experience something like this? Will it get less with more runtime? I noticed a somewhat metallic tang to the sound and even a few metallic sounding glitches in the very first few minutes running the Pure II, though this seems to have disappeared by now. Or would it be caused by the high-mids bump?

/edit
Had to stop listening through the amp after two hours or so - it was starting to give me a headache. It was ok if I put the volume at a level so that the music is barely audible, but if I want to be able to actually hear the song, I started to get a headache. It's ok now that I'm listening straight from the DX90 again, though it feels as though my ears could use a break. Quite odd.

Jun 12, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #465 of 873

That is odd I have both the Duo and Pure II + and enjoy them both , You should be able to listen for hours without discomfort I haven't had experience with DX90 as a source I'm using A&K 120 or Ipod with Cypher Labs DAC . Maybe the Pure & DX90 aren't a good match but it seems more likely the amp is defective. I had issue with my first Duo and Vorzuge customer service was quick to exchange I'm in USA and had replacement unit within a week if I remember correctly it was 5 days . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back