Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Aug 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #257 of 873
  guys what are the comparisons between the Pure II, Tralucent T1, SR-71b and the Alo Rx Mk3-B+? can't decide what to get 

Of the 4, I only have the Pure II (SR-71A is the only other similar that I have), but one thing you might want to consider is if you want to go balanced or not.  That might narrow down choices.

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #258 of 873

Of the 4, I only have the Pure II (SR-71A is the only other similar that I have), but one thing you might want to consider is if you want to go balanced or not.  That might narrow down choices.

hmmmm balanced would better, I would rather go for balanced but if the SE is pretty good i wouldn't mind going down the SE line hahaha
what's the comparison between the SR-71A and Pure II? can the Pure II drive cans like LCD2 or the LCD3?

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #259 of 873
   hmmmm balanced would better, I would rather go for balanced but if the SE is pretty good i wouldn't mind going down the SE line hahaha
what's the comparison between the SR-71A and Pure II? can the Pure II drive cans like LCD2 or the LCD3?

Why don't you check out the Cypher Labs Duet? Its balanced output and SE output is stronger than the ALO and has similar quality to the Pure II (what differs is the note presentation and soundstage presentation). What source will you be pairing the amp with?

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #260 of 873

Why don't you check out the Cypher Labs Duet? Its balanced output and SE output is stronger than the ALO and has similar quality to the Pure II (what differs is the note presentation and soundstage presentation). What source will you be pairing the amp with?

Line-out from my HM-901, cause my HM-901 dies too fast and gets warm too quickly so yeah, wanted to get an amp to reduce those issues (And hopefully at the same time improve the SQ and maybe provide the driving power that my HM-901 is unable to give for demanding headphones)
The Duet sounds like what I need in terms of function, but may I ask how does the Duet differ from the Pure II in terms of note presentation and soundstage presentation?

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #261 of 873
  Line-out from my HM-901, cause my HM-901 dies too fast and gets warm too quickly so yeah, wanted to get an amp to reduce those issues (And hopefully at the same time improve the SQ and maybe provide the driving power that my HM-901 is unable to give for demanding headphones)
The Duet sounds like what I need in terms of function, but may I ask how does the Duet differ from the Pure II in terms of note presentation and soundstage presentation?

Check this post by WCDChee. 

post #242

I couldn't have said it better, myself.

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #263 of 873

I did a brief comparison on page 15.  Don't know about the Audeze's, as I don't have a set. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #264 of 873

I would like to correct something i said previously. The vorzuge pure 2 actually has pretty decent driving capabilities, much better than the old vorzuge's. Even when i tried it with then hd800 and the akg k812, it managed to sound really good, definitely not the best, but decent. It was only when pairing with headphones like the hifimans that the lack of power started to show.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #265 of 873
  I've now got ~40 hours on my Pure II, and the charging problems were sorted out simply by using a different charging cable (the one that shipped w/ the amp is defective somehow).  I am also re-charging by using an external battery pack (just testing it out before a long trip I am taking in a couple months); it's this one--> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5VAYRU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am now getting 8.5 - 9 hours in my RWAK-100-S > Pure II > Earsonics SM64 or Shure SRH1540 rig.  I am still very impressed by sound quality, and I actually prefer the Pure II over my Rx MKIII-b on that basis.  Oh, and correct:  the front panel (white) LED is BRIGHT.  I literally used it as a small flashlight last night.  LMAO, they might be able to gain an extra 30 minutes of play time if they lowered the brightness of this front light!  I am seriously thinking of taking a black Sharpie to it.

What's your comparisons between the Pure II and MKIII-b? can't figure out which one of the amps to get hahaha

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #266 of 873
I would like to correct something i said previously. The vorzuge pure 2 actually has pretty decent driving capabilities, much better than the old vorzuge's. Even when i tried it with then hd800 and the akg k812, it managed to sound really good, definitely not the best, but decent. It was only when pairing with headphones like the hifimans that the lack of power started to show.

hmmmmm sounds like just the amp I need minus the balanced output
  I did a brief comparison on page 15.  Don't know about the Audeze's, as I don't have a set. 

sorry I didn't see hahaha, read it and it sounds like my kinda thing

thanks guys really helped to narrow down my options till just between the Mk3-b+ and the Pure II

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #267 of 873

Erm, extra battery? Smaller, cheaper, no need for interconnects. What exactly have you been trying to drive with your HM901? Thing has quite a fair bit of power for most things. I only LO my 901 at home for a different SQ most times.  

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #268 of 873
hmmmmm sounds like just the amp I need minus the balanced output
sorry I didn't see hahaha, read it and it sounds like my kinda thing

thanks guys really helped to narrow down my options till just between the Mk3-b+ and the Pure II

The ALO is warmer sounding, thicker, more powerful for full sized headphones, but thats about it. Its not as refined, nor is the soundstage as immersive and large. On top of that the terrible hiss makes it very bad for IEMs. To give a gauge of the sound, the duet's signature is somewhere in between the mk3b+ ans the pure 2.

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #270 of 873
I have but the tralucent has gone through a number of changes. Both are excellent. Tralucent a bit more cleanly detailed and the PURE II more moodily detailed. PURE II is my favourite of all time, but tralucent is amazing. I tested the tralucent DAC as well and really liked it but didn't have time enough with it to deliver a review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back