1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by shigzeo, Jan 6, 2014.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. 40lb
    If I didn't get the ALO Green Line cable I would use the Vorzkabel. Probably the best cable to come stock with a portable amp.

2. fiascogarcia

Forgot about the Vorzuge cable it came with.  It is a nice little cable!

3. Jorge Luna
    Not sure what your budget is, http://www.aloaudio.com/reference-8-mini-to-mini 

4. fiascogarcia

IMO, if you have the budget, get an upgraded cable only if you have no other upgrade you want to make to your system.  The mini connects may slightly change the sq in the system, but probably not to the extent that it warrants big bucks.  I have a Tralucent Mini Uber ($300) that has better clarity compared to an Audio Minor ($70) that I own, but probably not to the extent of the price difference.  Having said that, I also consider the aesthetics, nothing wrong with a good looking cable! [​IMG]  Just don't expect a huge difference in sound.  Again, IMO.

AlanYWM likes this.
  5. tglove
    is the Pure II available anywhere in Toronto to listen to?  anyone know of any Canadian distributors or resellers?

6. tglove
    also send me a pm if any of you out there have one to sell? :wink:

7. bluewrx1025
    PM sent :)

8. Rumpelstiltskin
    Hi Guys. I've just become a proud owner of a second user Pure II.
    The only thing that mars the aesthetic of this excellent amp are remnants of the rubber rings used by the previous owner. Don't want to attack the case with anything that would spoil the otherwise perfect finish.
    What is the finish on the case? Any ideas what sort of cleaner is safe to use?
    Haven't tried Customer Service yet, so much appreciate any help.

9. 1c3d0g
    Anybody knows how this pairs with a Fostex TH900? I'm looking to replace my iFi iDSD Micro with a better amp.

10. utdeep
    I just got the Vorzuge Pure II to be my portable amp for the LCD-X.  It is outstanding.  Honestly, I don't think I've heard a portable amp that sounds better - EVER.

I also requested that the front light on the amp be dimmed.  I can't imagine how bright it is in normal mode because it's still two shades too bright for me in the "dimmed" configuration.

11. fiascogarcia

Yeah, it makes a great flashlight during power outages.  I've been thinking about trying to cram a tiny piece of colored cellophane into the recess where the light is.

12. MilesR
    Does it make a difference in sound quality if you use a cell phone with the Pure II. I only have a cell as my source. I'm thinking of the fiio 2 nd gen for my source down the road.

13. utdeep
    Well, depends on whether you can get a line out with your cell phone.  Otherwise, you are double amping.  This means that you are taking flawed sound from your cell phone and just amplifying it using your Pure II.  

Why would you spend $600 on an amp to do that?  You would barely hear the improvement.

14. donkeanu
    i dont know if this topic has been posted already above but iv heard about the upcoming PURE II+..
    anyone?

15. 1c3d0g
    Please share more info about this Pure 2+! [​IMG]

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last