Volume and skipping problems with Chaintech AV-710
Jul 16, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by breez
But Chaintech card has the HT-S model
wink.gif
Their website and the card's manual is just a little confusing (both claim PT).

I stand corrected. The AV710 does, indeed, use the Envy24HT-S chipset, itself a cost-reduced/feature-crippled version of the mid-level Envy24HT.

The Envy24PT, on the other hand, is generally restricted to motherboard-integrated audio solutions, and its maximum sampling rate is capped at 96kHz (versus 192kHz for the Envy24HT-S and Envy24HT).

Jul 17, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #17 of 18
Thanks for the help guys but I dont know why it works for some people upgrading from nforce2 onboard audio to the chaintech with the same exact headphones yet it dosent work for me. After more than 5 hours combined fiddling with the low volume and bass problem (which also affects the line out) I give up (before I actually start physically stomping on the card
tongue.gif
). The new 3.10a drivers crashed my firewall, ftp server and internet connection. How? I have no idea. I did a system restore back to right before I installed the drivers and everything worked fine again so Im almost certain its the drivers. No point in returning the card since the shipping back to newegg would be around $8 so I guess Im just gonna use it with my cheap altec lansing speakers - chaintech for pc speakers and onboard audio for the A900s so I dont have to switch the plugs back and forth. Btw, is there some kind of plug I can buy that would do that without the use of two sound cards? I want to have both my headphones and speakers plugged into one soundcard and be able to switch between them.

Jul 17, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #18 of 18
deviant03: Did you disable onboard audio in the BIOS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back