Vokyl Erupt Prototype Feedback Tour
Sep 6, 2018 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
Hey Head-Fi! The Vokyl team is excited to have officially launched our first product, the Vokyl Erupt. Here she is:

image.png

Vokyl was started around 2 years ago by Nick of JDS Labs, frustrated with the sound and build quality of gaming headsets currently on the market. We started testing and prototyping the things we thought were being left behind in gaming audio... the audio parts.

We'll be posting links, photos, impressions, measurements, answers to questions, BTS content, and all kinds of great stuff in this and other threads throughout the campaign, the lead up to ship day, and long after. In our first post we want to include a frequency response graph and comment on what it shows.

Below is a frequency response graph of our current prototype. We are still finalizing some minor details that will make the tuning more extended in the bass and smoother throughout the range as we will finalize damping, earpad foam, and baffle design very soon. We did not skimp at all on the audio portion of the headphone, and feel as if that's what sets the Erupt apart.

Erupt%20Measurements%208-31-2018.png

You can pre-order our headset and get a TON of info here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vokyl-erupt-gaming-headphones-with-nc-boom-mic/x/19343473#/

We're excited to continue our careers with the members of head-fi and bring quality, US-built audio to their gaming experience!

I'm happy to say the guys at Vokyl reached out to me to help organize a feedback tour!

This tour will be split into TWO parts.

The first part will be 2 days per person. During this time they ask that we take a picture or two and create some brief impressions. These brief impressions will be incorporated into existing media for the Erupt! Feel free to post them here and else where.

The second tour will be for us to spend more time and help asses the current tuning and assist in making some final tuning adjustment suggestions if needed.

That said the first part of the tour will start in about three weeks. Since their looking for feedback in addition to some exposure I'll be looking for some experienced members to help Vokyl get some quality listening notes and impressions. So I'm going to ask that anybody participating please share your thoughts and any suggestions if you have them and let's try to keep such discussions on this thread so it's all consolidated.

And of course if it's absolutely fantastic and we all feel that there is little to no room for improvement that's good too!

An finally please feel free to post pictures and share your feedback on other communities as well, but do remember to try to keep heavy discussions regarding tuning changes or other suggestions here.

While the inclusion isn't strictly "invitation" based do understand that it's not first come first serve. Given that the Vokyl team needs/wants feedback regarding the tuning more so than exposure I'll be making decisions based on the quality of your content as I want them to have as much relevant and helpful information as possible!

So any one interested please pm me! I'll also going to be reaching to some of you!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 34
Count me in! I’m based in Iowa.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 34
Sent a PM. I would definitely enjoy being a part of this.

No problem! If you would PM me some links of your previous work as well as inclusion in other product tours!

While the inclusion isn't strictly "invitation" based do understand that it's not first come first serve. Given that the Vokyl team needs/wants feedback regarding the tuning more so than exposure I'll be making decisions based on the quality of your content as I want them to have as much relevant and helpful information as possible!

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 34
**IMPORTANT UPDATE**
This tour will be split into TWO parts.

The first part will be 2 days per person. During this time they ask that we take a picture or two and create some brief impressions. These brief impressions will be incorporated into existing media for the Erupt! Feel free to post them here and else where.

The second tour will be for us to spend more time and help asses the current tuning and assist in making some final tuning adjustment suggestions if needed.

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 34
Just let me know when to schedule my 2 days off ; ) :jecklinsmile:

*Begins testing preparations*

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 34
Thanks for reaching out to me on reddit - I'm interested. These looks like nice looking "gaming" headphones. Don't game too much anymore, but will probably start again with a bunch of games I'm interested in finally coming out for my consoles (and more spare time on the horizon)

Sep 17, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #12 of 34
I'm "I_want_all_the_tacos" on reddit. I'm definitely interested in participating in this tour. I'm currently living in San Diego, CA. Thanks for reaching out!

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 34
We had one person drop out so we may be able to fit you in! There is a member in AZ that would likely need to ship these to you when he's finished and then you'd be shipping to NY I believe.

However before I add you in let me check with @theotherjude about the time line, and if you would @Humblepie send me links to reviews you've done please! An I'll look it over and get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back