Vocative Audio for Lite Audio DACs?
Sep 5, 2006 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

heymaceo

100+ Head-Fier
Has anybody purchased one of the Lite Audio (or other brand) DACs from Vocative Audio for shipment to the US. The prices seem good but I've never heard anyone here discuss them.

thanks.

Sep 15, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 5
Just as a suggestion, you might want to think about paying a little more to go with a US distributer like GR-Research or Pacific Valve. I bought my Dac-60 from Pacific Valve, and they double boxed it, added power cable, and a warranty which I was very happy to have.

After about three weeks with the DAC, one of the channels just happened to fail. I sent it off to Pacific Valve and they replaced it, no questions asked. I've since voided my warranty by modifying my DAC, but I sure was thankful I had it then; mailing back and fourth to an Asian distributer would have been a nightmare.

Sep 15, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 5
I have bought equipment from them all - catylink, Coem, diybiz etc. Assuming that the customs agents don't break the tubes, getting something from HK and then sending it back for any reason is a nightmare.

I get all my stuff from Pacific Valve and I can tell you that I am very pleased with my equipment and the service.

It is also not necessarily cheaper. Go figure that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back