1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Vmoda Crossfade II vs Nuraphone.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by DarthBane93, Jan 20, 2019.
  1. DarthBane93
    So I currently have the Crossfade II and am looking for a new listening experience. I'd considered Fostex, but I don't really want to lose bluetooth functionality. I listen to music 3ish hrs at min daily, but a good chunk of that is running or gymming, wires are just too clumsy for me ergonomically speaking. I like the idea of Nuraphones as someone with Aspergers, but I worry I think they'll sound worse than my current set up. Kind of like how I felt the Sony 1000XM3 were just a marginal upgrade at best. Any thoughts or recommendations for me? Appreciate the input in advance.

2. 329161
    I've heard all 3. Nuraphone has the best sq by far. Consider the Aventho wireless too. The latter 2 have the best Bluetooth sq iveI heard in any wireless can. Make sure you personalise to your heating though.

3. deadspider187
    I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone else is in a similar boat I thought I would chime in. I am A/B'ing the Nuraphones, Audeze Mobius, and 1000xm3's. The Nuraphone has what seems to be the best "flat-ish but still musical" headphones. Simple comparison:

Nuraphones:
    - good to great sound signature (may depend on your listening profile)
    - between the earphone seal, external seal, and active noise-canceling, they block out the most amount of noise.
    - The immersion mode might be a good fit for some bass-heads, but I tended to turn it down pretty low or even off
    - Bluetooth on PC is kind of wonky if you want stereo sound and microphone input
    - "earphone" components can rub some people the wrong way. It bugged me so much at first that I bought the Mobius just to get comparable sound quality so I could return the Nuraphones....only to buy them again and try them on without the earphones bothering me.
    - Not sure if I'm using the term correctly, but these seem to have a fast attack speed and are very liquid, as in texture is either lacking compared to the Mobius or "dry" in a way that is not apparent on the Mobius.
    - mobile app is serviceable, but required to make use of the tailored sound profile. Without this tuning, forget even trying these headphones.
    - "touchy" touch controls (good and bad)
    - durable
    - somewhat comfortable. Some sort of magic f**kery going on with how it keeps from getting hot inside of the cups, at the expense of feeling like there's spring things "probing" your ears that you have to deal with
    - case is unique and kind of neat to carry around, though large
    - "fun", musically speaking
    - unfortunately there's a proprietary jack on headphones
    - fantastic "social" mode for office environment, errs on the side of including some ambient noise
    - hopefully no one ever notices the inside of the ear cups and asks what the heck is going on there. There'd be awkward 'splaining to do

Mobius:
    - pretty great sound signature
    - killer bass at low frequencies (again, I'm not a bass-head, but Audeze nailed the bass with these)
    - detachable microphone, 3.5mm, usb-c, Bluetooth, lots of options
    - Bluetooth on PC is kind of wonky if you want stereo sound and microphone input
    - mobile AND desktop apps for both Windows and MAC? Awesome!
    - more textured sound
    - terrible battery life (~8 hours with light usage)
    - durable
    - heavy, but comfortable
    - feature "overkill". not necessarily a bad thing, but between the amount of inputs, sound profiles, and 3D audio, I constantly had to switch things up as I changed my workflow on my computer from gaming to music to movies.
    - No active or passive noise cancelling. You will hear things unless you drown them out with volume
    - portability questionable due to lack of battery life and large carrying case
    - somewhat "fun" musical sound

Sony 1000xm3:
    - decent, flat sound signature, somewhat "meh" at times, good to almost great sometimes
    - great noise-cancelling, but not as good as the Nuraphones
    - great battery life
    - usb-c charging
    - seem durable enough, but feel less durable than the other two headphones
    - lightweight and comfortable
    - easiest headphones to travel with, short of the Apple earpods, small case
    - decent "social" mode for an office environment
    - serviceable app for mobile, updates seem to be continuing over time (great on Sony for the support!)
    - sound is neither analytical nor "fun". Somewhere in between. I'm sure EQ can fix that, but that's not my style