Vista + FB2k KS/ASIO disabling all other sound?
Mar 15, 2007 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kaluminati

Head-Fier
I've always used asio/KS for playing back my audio in windows. I just started using vista, and I've got a problem. I can play my audio just fine, thing is, everything else I can't hear. Such as if I have Foobar open I can't hear the game sounds from WoW/chat/windows/videos. This is pretty frustrating because I typically do a lot of those things at once, especially music+wow+Teamspeak.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Or is this just something vista does, no solution.

I'm using an X-fi platinum.

Mar 15, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 6
What's your sound card?
Asio and KS are supposed to be exclusive interfaces so that is pretty normal behaviour. Although it is certainly possible to receive asio and windows sounds and mix them. That depends on the driver and maybe that has changed.

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your sound card?
Asio and KS are supposed to be exclusive interfaces so that is pretty normal behaviour. Although it is certainly possible to receive asio and windows sounds and mix them. That depends on the driver and maybe that has changed.

My sound card is in my original post but it's the x-fi platinum.

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 6
I have Windows XP but Foobar+KS has always behaved in the same way as what you're describing. If I'm listening to music on Foobar with kernel streaming, no other application can play sound. Conversely, if some other audio application is playing sound, Foobar+KS won't play. This is with an M-Audio Sonica (USB sound card).

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Windows XP but Foobar+KS has always behaved in the same way as what you're describing. If I'm listening to music on Foobar with kernel streaming, no other application can play sound. Conversely, if some other audio application is playing sound, Foobar+KS won't play. This is with an M-Audio Sonica (USB sound card).

Interesting. On xp for me, it's the opposite. I can play foobar+ks/asio and all other sounds still work. But not on vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back