Vision:M\beyerdynamic dt660 combo; not satisfied
Mar 18, 2006 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dirty^Dog

New Head-Fier
First i must say, one by one these things are very good, but together i am a little disapointed.

First of all, the volume is a little to low. On max (25) its not very high at all. I have the norwegian firmware, and on my 2g ipod there was a volumehack og US firmware or something that solved the same problem there. Is there any way to do the same thing on the Vision:M?

Second, the sound quality. It sounds pretty clean and nice, but the punch, the power.. its not there at all! The sound is also a bit flat and without the last touch of detail. When i power it to my amp, the difference is really big.. Anyone has a good EQ setting that might bring the bass and punch up a little?

And one last thing. I have sorted my files with title-tags 01., 02., 10., etc.. But on some albums, there are no sense, its not cronological. Ex. 01, 02, 08, 04, 07, 05... Anyone experienced the same thing?

Mar 18, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 8
Use the US firmware, you have to turn the unit on with reset pin in and you will get to a different menu - there one about reseting firmware or something - cant remember. select that! Once you done that u can install US firmware.

EQ I use is +10 -5 -5 -2 +1

Sounds drastic but oddy works.

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 8
I have to say that with a decent phone which is not hyper-efficient, even the US-flashed ZVM lacks a certain something.

Having said that, I would definitely suggest upgrading to the US firmware which will definitely increase the dynamic capability of the phone... but keep your hands off the EQ if you care about the quality of what's coming out of the jack. I would suggest as a drastic step replacement of the phone for something significantly more efficient.

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 8
thx for the tips
smily_headphones1.gif
but when i try to upgrade the firmware to the us version, it still says ****e on the system information on the player.
Anyone has flashed the player from a eu model to a us model who an give me some tips?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #8 of 8
Hold the switch to the on position while inserting a paperclip into the reset hole at the bottom. Then select reload firmware. And now install the US firmware.

No more crappy european volume limiting
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back