VISION EARS | LAUNCH: EVE and ELYSIUM universal
Apr 21, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #16 of 115
Yea, that's the thing. VE usually tunes their IEMs for customs. Universal counterpart of it will end up sounding brighter than the custom version. A couple of my friends who tried the Elysium demo as part of the VE tour, reported back that it was on the bright side. So I am hesitant to pull the trigger without demoing it first.

That's the sense I had with the universal VE8 I had for a bit...there was a spike about the 8k mark which resulted in a bit of sibilants, and which was consistent with reports I'd heard from others regarding the universal demo.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 115
Thanks for the nice invitation Johannes!
I would love to experience some real highend IEM together with a Reissdorf Koelsch (Thats beer) :wink:
Seeya, Daniel

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #18 of 115
That's the sense I had with the universal VE8 I had for a bit...there was a spike about the 8k mark which resulted in a bit of sibilants, and which was consistent with reports I'd heard from others regarding the universal demo.
Similar experience with the VE8. Extremely sibilant off some sources and with certain recordings and felt like it was designed to be a custom. The Elysium’s universal is indeed brighter but also doesn’t have that insane midrange texture that the custom has. The upside is it’s much cheaper however

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #19 of 115
Similar experience with the VE8. Extremely sibilant off some sources and with certain recordings and felt like it was designed to be a custom. The Elysium’s universal is indeed brighter but also doesn’t have that insane midrange texture that the custom has. The upside is it’s much cheaper however

I'm looking forward to your impressions of the Eve. I'm excited about the universal Elysium as if nothing else it opens the door to one being available on the used market one day, which will allow me to blind buy with minimal risk (as I'm not eligible for the loaner tour).

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #20 of 115
Yea, that's the thing. VE usually tunes their IEMs for customs. Universal counterpart of it will end up sounding brighter than the custom version. A couple of my friends who tried the Elysium demo as part of the VE tour, reported back that it was on the bright side. So I am hesitant to pull the trigger without demoing it first.
Hi @EagleWings ,

the general sound-signature of the ELYSIUM indeed can be sorted as on the brighter side of things due to the electrostatic HF drivers. But as it is our overall nature, it is a moderate bias towards one side or another and not a complete shift to brightness over all other factors.
As you say: testing is always the best choice, if it is available to you.

Hope that helps a bit!

All the best from Cologne,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Apr 21, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #22 of 115
This news is coming just days before my spot on the VE tour. I was set on customs if I liked the tuning of the elysium. Given the current climate and difficulty of seeing an audiologist, it’s quite tempting with the universal. I’ll probably stick with custom. VE, thanks for being open minded and putting out a universal model. Another reason I want custom, I love @mvvRAZ second elysium. That green wood looks amazing!

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #23 of 115
Yay, just what the world needs. Another out of reach for the average audiophile €2,500 IEM. This crap is getting out of hand. Thank God for the likes of iBasso, FiiO and LUGS for making great sounding products at a reasonable price.

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #24 of 115
Yay, just what the world needs. Another out of reach for the average audiophile €2,500 IEM. This crap is getting out of hand. Thank God for the likes of iBasso, FiiO and LUGS for making great sounding products at a reasonable price.
Some companies cater to the average audiophile some don't?

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #25 of 115

Please tell us how this is different to any other industry? Could do with an economics lesson and a few laughs.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #26 of 115

Lol...the number of IEMs released at lower price tiers vastly outnumber the totl ones, and VE is pretty much exclusively a high end brand. Your complaint here is akin to me going to the Ferrari thread on a car forum and complaining that their latest model doesn't cater to the budget market.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #27 of 115
Lol...the number of IEMs released at lower price tiers vastly outnumber the totl ones, and VE is pretty much exclusively a high end brand. Your complaint here is akin to me going to the Ferrari thread on a car forum and complaining that their latest model doesn't cater to the budget market.
Legit... why is Louis Vuitton not making affordable shoes smh

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #28 of 115
OK, point taken. Maybe it's jealousy then because I just can't fathom an IEM being so expensive; and the $10K oBravo Ra-c-cu is just obscene.

Apr 23, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #30 of 115
Just cannot believe eve20 will be on par with VE8...
Anyone tried them both already care to advise?
With all BA models from VE I would think that it's the difference in tuning between models which counts, and how well it suits your tastes. For example the VE4.2 is cheaper than VE5 but I prefer the bassy sound of VE4.2 as compared to the vocal centric VE5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back