Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #196 of 5,702
For me between stage 4 and 1+2 are hard to decided , who has better SQ
These two have strong and weak point .
I tried both with 3 amps to fine the best synergy .
Stage 4 strong point high is more extended than 1+2, faster speed , better depth
1+2 strong point is balance and natural SQ and better bass body and wider soundstage

For my personal impression these two are on par / with draw
Hang from what kind music we pair with these two

IMO

Thanks rudi.I would like to point out that the design of both IEM is decisive for me.I auditioned the 1+2,amazing SQ indeed but the improper & uncomfortable seal was really annoyed me.Also the cable is too stiff and some disconnections were happened.It just simply not worth that much when I added the consideration of design into the decision. 

In contrast,stage 4 is very comfortable for me (both VE and Rhines demo) and the cable is better than 1+2 in terms of ergonomics.
BTW,1+2 is still valuable for sell when I decided to escape from the black hole of audio.
beyersmile.png

Just my 2 cents.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #198 of 5,702
Very true!

I also agree. It is not the number of BA's you fit in it, it is how you implement and tune it.

A happy Spiral Ear SE5way owner here. With only 5 BA, a true 5 way system, it plays to top directly. If I had money, I would order Stage 4 to compare honestly, I am darn curious about that model.

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #199 of 5,702

I also agree. It is not the number of BA's you fit in it, it is how you implement and tune it.

A happy Spiral Ear SE5way owner here. With only 5 BA, a true 5 way system, it plays to top directly. If I had money, I would order Stage 4 to compare honestly, I am darn curious about that model.

But those 5 drivers are a lot bigger than the multi-driver implementations of pretty much all IEMs out there. So in other words those 5 drivers take up more room than say the 8A by a lot. This is because they are using actual single drivers and not knowles multi-driver-in-one designs.

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #200 of 5,702
Thanks rudi.I would like to point out that the design of both IEM is decisive for me.I auditioned the 1+2,amazing SQ indeed but the improper & uncomfortable seal was really annoyed me.Also the cable is too stiff and some disconnections were happened.It just simply not worth that much when I added the consideration of design into the decision. 

In contrast,stage 4 is very comfortable for me (both VE and Rhines demo) and the cable is better than 1+2 in terms of ergonomics.
BTW,1+2 is still valuable for sell when I decided to escape from the black hole of audio.:beyersmile:

Just my 2 cents.

My 1+2 use UBER cable SQ is better than Stage 4
But now the price is more expensive than Stage 4. :D
IMO

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #201 of 5,702

But those 5 drivers are a lot bigger than the multi-driver implementations of pretty much all IEMs out there. So in other words those 5 drivers take up more room than say the 8A by a lot. This is because they are using actual single drivers and not knowles multi-driver-in-one designs.

I didn't know that, thank you for the explanation. I know that the earpiece is quite big but it is due to the thick nature of silicone. Now I learned also the BA's are larger than usual.
My 1+2 use UBER cable SQ is better than Stage 4
But now the price is more expensive than Stage 4.
biggrin.gif

IMO

Rudi, since when the price is stopping you?
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #202 of 5,702
  I didn't know that, thank you for the explanation. I know that the earpiece is quite big but it is due to the thick nature of silicone. Now I learned also the BA's are larger than usual.

Well that and the crossover design on the SE5 is very complicating. So much stuff in there like it is gonna explode :p. They could probably fit a few more drivers in mine though.
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #203 of 5,702
I keep seeing comments from many forums Caesar Palace is very slow with the order. Is that true?? My dealer here is Jaben and their service and 1st class. I'm glad to report that my order was very fast even though my order fell exactly on the same period when CM split into 2! Mine was with Vision Ears but the order was further delay to 3 more weeks as they did not receive the 1st ear impressions and it was stuck in the customs. But when they received the 2nd impressions, they took only about a week to ship the final product to me!!

Hi Precsmo,

That sounds good to you. So, how long did it take for you to get the final product? 1 month?

For the comments on CP, I saw its around in the various HK forums. I m not sure how is their services in the past or how many cases are real or how many cases are commerical competition. Anyway, I m a 1st time customer on CP and let me see its final outcome.

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #205 of 5,702
For me between stage 4 and 1+2 are hard to decided , who has better SQ
These two have strong and weak point .
I tried both with 3 amps to fine the best synergy .
Stage 4 strong point high is more extended than 1+2, faster speed , better depth
1+2 strong point is balance and natural SQ and better bass body and wider soundstage

For my personal impression these two are on par / with draw
Hang from what kind music we pair with these two

IMO

I faced similar situation before. Deciding between 1p2, stage 3 and stage 4. Finally, I decided to go for the stage series due to

1. I dont have a CIEM yet. Hahaha
2. The performance is close with tradeoff in different areas. Given the stage series are universal. It may have better performance in the customised version.

So, finally I make a bet on the S4.

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #206 of 5,702
  IMO JH13 is amazing but stage 3 is better,a proper seal of IEM is very important.I am waiting for your further comparisons 
wink.gif
Also,stage series proved the implementation is more important for sound quality instead of driver stacking.

I am not sure how they completed this. But hearing is making me believe. I truly regarded the S3 ahead of JH16pro indeed.

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #207 of 5,702

Spiral Ear SE5way. Ummm....Let me check this out as well.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back