Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #182 of 5,715
Who? Never heard of it...just kidding. Hum...not really. Will be waiting for more impressions and see. I am sure they sound good.

Well the same for me goes to Roxanne. I have never been a fan of JHA and I saw a lot of people complaining about their customer service, build quality etc so I kinda turned off. With this Siren Series they seem to work on something quite big but I still don't trust until I see a lot more reviews and real comparisons against other TOTL c/iems.

Btw, that's also nice to see that companies like EarSonics, Vision Ears etc don't need to put hell of a BAs in their ciems make top level products. Roxanne and K10 can speak high with their BA numbers but apparently EarSonics is just having fun 3 but correctly tuned BAs. Also that Stage 4 is very interesting and for me a good option (Germany-Belgium, I can even take a visit to their lab maybe).

After settling down on a good dap, I will focus on their current and future models. They definitely deserve more than attention.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #183 of 5,715
Cool impressions Rudi. Also you must remember that these are demo versions, so most likely the sound of the real custom will be MUCH better. That is why I am hesitating to get the Stage 4. Because the demo was great, so the actual custom must be awesome.

My attention are for VE stage 3 and 4

Here some lovely pictures before I send to next luckiest 10 members :D

VE Stage 2

01ea8fff832855af15ea5645bd3038bc_zps41e7f110.jpg

53accaa3a4b1e4a73a5a8c3937f831f8_zpsb821b433.jpg

VE Stage 3

71e1c8a8ce969ac3f362cd065c71154e_zpsf1ae0db5.jpg

89e2b89d378a868278a8a7c451c93917_zps28bf4f72.jpg

VE Stage 4

105ae2bb9eadee5e23afb682c84380be_zps3d6d6b48.jpg

3eb0024f2b77ca9e94e3317e712478a5_zpsee8bf6b6.jpg

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #187 of 5,715
And Rudi take your time you can keep them 1 week :)

Thank you Michael

Tonight I try with the eartips from hippo Shroom , the Hippo sound better than the stock double flange .
High : more natural , clear and cleaner than stock double flange tips a bit harsh
Mid : more natural and sweeter than stock double flange tips
Bass : more control and less a little bit bass impact , to my taste more natural not so forward

Could be the opening is smaller , reduce the harsh high a little bit to better Way

IMO

61ce6443cad83cd73cf7602c525d3324_zps6cbb3a7c.jpg

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #189 of 5,715
I keep seeing comments from many forums Caesar Palace is very slow with the order. Is that true?? My dealer here is Jaben and their service and 1st class. I'm glad to report that my order was very fast even though my order fell exactly on the same period when CM split into 2! Mine was with Vision Ears but the order was further delay to 3 more weeks as they did not receive the 1st ear impressions and it was stuck in the customs. But when they received the 2nd impressions, they took only about a week to ship the final product to me!!

Hi precsmo,

That is true.This problem is really annoying and keep people stay far away from 1964Ears and Compact Monitors.It doesn't make sense when I need to wait for 2~3 months for a pair of CIEM. While I heard some Taiwanese mentioned they can receive their 1964 CIEM within or around 1 month by direct online order,so the duration of shipment theoretically needs 1~2 months when comparing with theirs? sad.

I think Vision Ears is doing great when I just concern about the waiting time,keep going!

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #190 of 5,715

Hi Spriest,

Great to meet another Hong Kong Head-fi-er here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe you can give CP a call? They said I can get my Stage4 in 3 months and I really looking forward to have it by mid of Nov. Hopefully they wont miss it! And it seems there is a new dealer for Vision Ear in Hong Kong now and well...they really deliver CIEM in 1 month time!

For 846 and stage 3...I have tried the 846 twice. To me, it really sounds quite "average" to me. There are some tricks that come with 846 which could alternate its sound, for which I do not have a chance to try yet. However, I think its performance could not justify for its price. Overall, the 846's sound (especialy vocals) will be a little bit "sweeter" than the stage3. But the stage 3 excels in other aspects.

In my final selection process, the only 3 candidates are 1p2, stage3 and stage4. :wink:

Agreed. 
Actually,Stage 3 is the best IEM I have ever heard and it just a pair of demo unit.
Regarding 1p2,I will give it a 2nd try after rudi's impression.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for sharing those impressions!

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #191 of 5,715
Hi Spriest,

Great to meet another Hong Kong Head-fi-er here. :)

Maybe you can give CP a call? They said I can get my Stage4 in 3 months and I really looking forward to have it by mid of Nov. Hopefully they wont miss it! And it seems there is a new dealer for Vision Ear in Hong Kong now and well...they really deliver CIEM in 1 month time!

For 846 and stage 3...I have tried the 846 twice. To me, it really sounds quite "average" to me. There are some tricks that come with 846 which could alternate its sound, for which I do not have a chance to try yet. However, I think its performance could not justify for its price. Overall, the 846's sound (especialy vocals) will be a little bit "sweeter" than the stage3. But the stage 3 excels in other aspects.

In my final selection process, the only 3 candidates are 1p2, stage3 and stage4. :wink:

For me between stage 4 and 1+2 are hard to decided , who has better SQ
These two have strong and weak point .
I tried both with 3 amps to fine the best synergy .
Stage 4 strong point high is more extended than 1+2, faster speed , better depth
1+2 strong point is balance and natural SQ and better bass body and wider soundstage

For my personal impression these two are on par / with draw
Hang from what kind music we pair with these two

IMO

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #193 of 5,715
Hi everyone, these gems do not just end here. I've tried a number of custom cables, the one I made myself eventually sounds the best. My Stage 3 has so much more low end bass extension, tighter bass, the details of mid and high are just amazing. I will be making another one, from the same material, but as tiny and as portable as possible. The current one I made is way too bulky and too thick due to the huge y splitter and the nylon sleeve. I will be avoiding all those. The cable material is from PlusSoundAudio and it is just the cheapest $1 per foot pure copper.

The brighter end already so much enhanced I wouldn't take the risk to try the much more expensive pure silver not the slightly more expensive silver coated copper. I will still stick with the pure copper for my upcoming cable. I just love it so much!!!!

I will share some photos once I've made it

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #194 of 5,715

Thank you Michael

Tonight I try with the eartips from hippo Shroom , the Hippo sound better than the stock double flange .
High : more natural , clear and cleaner than stock double flange tips a bit harsh
Mid : more natural and sweeter than stock double flange tips
Bass : more control and less a little bit bass impact , to my taste more natural not so forward

Could be the opening is smaller , reduce the harsh high a little bit to better Way

IMO

61ce6443cad83cd73cf7602c525d3324_zps6cbb3a7c.jpg

I've regretted to say that I should have gained more experience during the testings by getting along different tips with the tests. I'm for sure some IEM which gave me a so so impression is highly due to the pure tips that did not work well for my ears. However, I still love my Stage 3! The most regretted was probably the bad experience with the JH13. I should go for a test again with JH13 with some different tips. I just keep seeing everyone claim that the JH13 is one of the most amazing CIEM

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #195 of 5,715
I've regretted to say that I should have gained more experience during the testings by getting along different tips with the tests. I'm for sure some IEM which gave me a so so impression is highly due to the pure tips that did not work well for my ears. However, I still love my Stage 3! The most regretted was probably the bad experience with the JH13. I should go for a test again with JH13 with some different tips. I just keep seeing everyone claim that the JH13 is one of the most amazing CIEM

IMO JH13 is amazing but stage 3 is better,a proper seal of IEM is very important.I am waiting for your further comparisons 
wink.gif
Also,stage series proved the implementation is more important for sound quality instead of driver stacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back