Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 23, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #169 of 5,715
  Oh, my bad sorry. So what is your next target btw? I know you are getting NT6 but, is there a big thing that you have been waiting for? Something from Vision Ears maybe?

Now my targets are Earsonics EM32, new TOTL from Custom Art, Fitear 335 with mod, Vision Ear Stage 4 and Roxanne...but hard to chose.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #170 of 5,715
I am from Hong Kong and ordered the Rhines Stage 4 2 months before. Still waiting at the moment.

Anyway, I must say the Stage 4 is one of the greatest IEM that I ever heard. Before ordering, i have tried 1p2, ie800, 846, 16pro, 13pro, stage 2, stage 3, asg2, westone 4r and I finally decided Stage 4 to be my 1st CIEM.

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #173 of 5,715
  I am from Hong Kong and ordered the Rhines Stage 4 2 months before. Still waiting at the moment.

Anyway, I must say the Stage 4 is one of the greatest IEM that I ever heard. Before ordering, i have tried 1p2, ie800, 846, 16pro, 13pro, stage 2, stage 3, asg2, westone 4r and I finally decided Stage 4 to be my 1st CIEM.

Hi superachromat,

Seems we are suffering from the outrageous and endless waiting for our CIEM from our "lovely" dealer... I ordered the v6-stage 2 months before and they told me I will receive my v6-stage around the end of october...but I feel they still can't make any guarantees about it,sigh.

A bit off-topic but just curious, how 846 sounds when comparing with stage 3? is it worth ?

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #175 of 5,715
Great Rudi. Please let us know how you like them. Even if you do not like them :)

They are pictures inside my car :D

504101ab823c5244562c45739eee1134_zpsabd2bbd1.jpg

be4bb7b4b61bba8834df5de6684ae530_zpsa624880a.jpg

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #176 of 5,715
Out the box impression Vision Ear Stage 2 , 3 and 4

Source : ak 120 as direct DAP

And

Source : IBasso DX 50
Amp : Mass Ko Bo 385
Iems :
From left to right :
Vision Ear stage 2 > stage 3 > stage 4 = Tralucent 1+2 > Fit Ear MH 335 DW

My Impression from good > very good > excellent are :
Vision Ear stage 2 < stage 3 < stage 4 = < Tralucent 1+2 < Fit Ear MH 335 DW

Vision ear iems are sensitive like my Fit Ear MH 335 DW

Stage 2
High : a bit harsh
Mid : more to mid high and sibilance
Bass : has not so much bass volume
Separation : the lowest from 5 iems
Soundstage : not so wide and not so deep

Stage 3
High : more refine than stage 2 more detail and not so harsh
Mid : more balance and not so forward than stage 4, more clean and clear , a boy sibilance
Bass : very good bass impact
Separation : is better than stage 2
Soundstage : is wide and better depth tha stage 2

Stage 4
High : the best from the vision Ears , more extended and clear , best in detail,
Mid : more forward than stage 3 , more body and better pronounce
Bass : I,love the bass volume and impact from stage 4
Separation : the best from these 3 Vision Ear iems
Soundstage : the widest and more depth than the other small brothers

1+2
High : more refine than all stages from Vision Ear
Mid : more natural and analog SQ
Bass : nit as deep impact compare to stage 4 , more natural for my taste
Separation : better than stage 4
Soundstage : the widest and the deepest like in concert hall. From iem

fit Ear
High : the cleanest and the best pronounce , the high come from your music so natural
No coloration , very clean and clear high .
Mid : the best mid from my iems collection , very sweet and natural , clear and clean
Very good pronounce , how the Sanger sing we can hear the breath more clear.
Bass : the best bass impact from my iems collection.
You can hear the kick drum very natural like in live concert
Separation : excellent separation
Soundstage : the second best after 1+2 and tall

IMO

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #178 of 5,715
  Hi superachromat,

Seems we are suffering from the outrageous and endless waiting for our CIEM from our "lovely" dealer... I ordered the v6-stage 2 months before and they told me I will receive my v6-stage around the end of october...but I feel they still can't make any guarantees about it,sigh.

A bit off-topic but just curious, how 846 sounds when comparing with stage 3? is it worth ?

Hi Spriest,

Great to meet another Hong Kong Head-fi-er here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe you can give CP a call? They said I can get my Stage4 in 3 months and I really looking forward to have it by mid of Nov. Hopefully they wont miss it! And it seems there is a new dealer for Vision Ear in Hong Kong now and well...they really deliver CIEM in 1 month time!

For 846 and stage 3...I have tried the 846 twice. To me, it really sounds quite "average" to me. There are some tricks that come with 846 which could alternate its sound, for which I do not have a chance to try yet. However, I think its performance could not justify for its price. Overall, the 846's sound (especialy vocals) will be a little bit "sweeter" than the stage3. But the stage 3 excels in other aspects.

In my final selection process, the only 3 candidates are 1p2, stage3 and stage4. :wink:

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #179 of 5,715
Hi Spriest,

Great to meet another Hong Kong Head-fi-er here. :)

Maybe you can give CP a call? They said I can get my Stage4 in 3 months and I really looking forward to have it by mid of Nov. Hopefully they wont miss it! And it seems there is a new dealer for Vision Ear in Hong Kong now and well...they really deliver CIEM in 1 month time!

For 846 and stage 3...I have tried the 846 twice. To me, it really sounds quite "average" to me. There are some tricks that come with 846 which could alternate its sound, for which I do not have a chance to try yet. However, I think its performance could not justify for its price. Overall, the 846's sound (especialy vocals) will be a little bit "sweeter" than the stage3. But the stage 3 excels in other aspects.

In my final selection process, the only 3 candidates are 1p2, stage3 and stage4. :wink:

I keep seeing comments from many forums Caesar Palace is very slow with the order. Is that true?? My dealer here is Jaben and their service and 1st class. I'm glad to report that my order was very fast even though my order fell exactly on the same period when CM split into 2! Mine was with Vision Ears but the order was further delay to 3 more weeks as they did not receive the 1st ear impressions and it was stuck in the customs. But when they received the 2nd impressions, they took only about a week to ship the final product to me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back