Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Apr 23, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #5,116 of 5,715
How are the PHöNIX with regards to comfort?
Well, let me start with other VE IEMs and fit. The third time I owned Elysium, I finally found a tip that worked for me. Now the fit is great. I owned Erlkonig twice before I found a tip that worked, then fit was great. EXT fit has worked for me with numerous tips (I know some have a hard time getting the right fit due to the shape of EXT). Phonix to me is the most "generic" shape that should work well with fit with the most people. I have had no issue with fit with any of the tips I have tried with Phonix.

Apr 23, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #5,118 of 5,715
My ultimate travel combo with a newly WM1A modded by NPaudio (a load of high-end capacitors, a new large 4000mha battery and a special NW666 2.5mm plug for the EXT :L3000:) !!!!!

2022-04-23 10-24-45 (C,Smoothing1) copie.jpg

I am not missing anymore my former IER-Z1R or IE900 (both died with my way of using them)...
For years now, I would say this is my ultimate Hires travel combo with 20 to 40 hours playing time with one battery charge and SQ almost impossible to distinguish from my A&K Kann Alpha or FIIO M17....
I had to struggle with the ear tips (I tested something like 30 types) .. But, I could find the perfect fit for my ears with an amazing sound quality for a really portable combo. I am using the Sennheiser IE40 pro tips with the VE EXT.
Let's hope a longer life for the VE EXT as none of my IEM for 30 years could last more than 3 years !!!!

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #5,119 of 5,715
What tips are those on the EXT?
Looks like Spinfit cp145?
when I got my EXT, the first week was challenging to get a good fit.
After trying a few different brands and models, I ended up using stock
cp500 tips and got a snug fit afterward, a while later I change size to m from s.
It is now the best fitted Iem in my collections.
I didn’t expect this, but I guess that my ears adapted to it.

Apr 23, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #5,120 of 5,715
Looks like Spinfit cp145?
when I got my EXT, the first week was challenging to get a good fit.
After trying a few different brands and models, I ended up using stock
cp500 tips and got a snug fit afterward, a while later I change size to m from s.
It is now the best fitted Iem in my collections.
I didn’t expect this, but I guess that my ears adapted to it.

I went through a whole gambit of tips but have the most success with the Sedna Crystal tips that came stock on my right ear and regular SednaFit tips on my left. It's weird haha

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #5,122 of 5,715
I am using Sedna earfit lights with the Phonix and I find the fit really comfortable.

Apr 23, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #5,124 of 5,715
What tips are those on the EXT?
Spinfit CP145 on EXT. Which I also use on Elysium. For Phonix and Erlkonig CP 100Z work best for me.

Apr 23, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #5,125 of 5,715
My favourite tips for EXT are spiral dots, the original for sound and the ++ for comfort. Spinfit CP 155 are also good
OG and ++ spiral dots also work well for me with EXT. They are the first two tips I try with every new relationship! With IEMs that is.

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #5,128 of 5,715
Ext + Dream duet : super lush mid and low-mid, exceptional imaging and layering, a bit recess hi-mid and treble region.
Result to a silky smooth sound with mind blowing depth.
Overall an ideal setup for cellos, male vocals, EDMs, a great night time setup without any fatigue in upper frequency region.

That's a stunning shot of the EXT.

Edit: My most recent photo.

115C4A56-226D-484C-ABC5-3A37D65EE35F.JPEG

With this setup (source, cable, IEMs, tips) I feel I've reached a degree of sonic and aesthetic perfection that admittedly makes it hard for me to think or get excited about much else. It's pretty much taken me out of the hobby for the time being.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #5,129 of 5,715
That's a stunning shot of the EXT.

Edit: My most recent photo.

With this setup (source, cable, IEMs, tips) I feel I've reached a degree of sonic and aesthetic perfection that admittedly makes it hard for me to think or get excited about much else. It's pretty much taken me out of the hobby for the time being.
I can’t wait to take photos of the EXT and PHöNIX too!! I’m so excited!!!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #5,130 of 5,715
This may be slightly random but seeing the comments fluctuate between they fit great (which they do for me) and they don't...i wonder if those who didnt have great fit issues weren't putting them in "correctly?" I have to basically angle the 2pin around the 3'oclock positon if you were to visualize a clock. Its the strangest iem for fit ive had the pleasure of inserting. However, its also one of the most custom like experiences from a universal ive experienced. And, not to mention: some of the best sound (imho) from an IEM. Does everyone else who has good fit issues have to do something similar?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back