Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Aug 5, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #2,702 of 5,715
So vision ears is coming out with both EXT and Phonix? They're two different models?
Like what they did with the original Elysium and Erl.... Apparently a third IEM is being announced later in the year under the "EVE" line.
Yup, just like the ELYSIUM and the Erlkonig, the EXT will be the custom flagship, while the Phonix is the universal flagship. Though, the EXT will presumably be available in a universal format too, like the ELYSIUM eventually became. The EVE21 is coming out Q4 of this year, according to a comment VE made on their IG several months ago.

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #2,705 of 5,715
A small correction from VE directly - the pheonix is expected at 3500 euros, while the EXT will be coming in at 2650 :)
Ha! Kudos to VE! That’s very reasonable for TOTL prices 👍🏼

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #2,709 of 5,715
A small correction from VE directly - the pheonix is expected at 3500 euros, while the EXT will be coming in at 2650 :)

Are those prices including VAT?

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #2,710 of 5,715
Are those prices including VAT?
I believe that should include VAT yes, since they were quoted to me in euros (where the VAT is included). Might be wrong though

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #2,711 of 5,715
I believe that should include VAT yes, since they were quoted to me in euros (where the VAT is included). Might be wrong though

It would make sense given the prices on their website all include VAT...which is great as it means I can subtract like 13% off that price...it's still a stretch for me...but not as much of a stretch lol

I don't suppose you know if the EXT will be released as a uni right away or if that's a plan for down the road?

Thanks for responding.

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,712 of 5,715
It would make sense given the prices on their website all include VAT...which is great as it means I can subtract like 13% off that price...it's still a stretch for me...but not as much of a stretch lol

I don't suppose you know if the EXT will be released as a uni right away or if that's a plan for down the road?

Thanks for responding.
Universal right off the bat I believe. The quad estat also gives me high hopes for the staging, I feel like a lot of the first gen estat IEMs struggled with the width

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,713 of 5,715
Universal right off the bat I believe. The quad estat also gives me high hopes for the staging, I feel like a lot of the first gen estat IEMs struggled with the width

Excellent!

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #2,714 of 5,715
As much excitement as there is for VE's upcoming models at the moment - and as bad of a time as it may seem to post this right now - my review of the Vision Ears VE7 is now live on THL! :D If you aren't necessarily ready for the jump to the big boys, or you simply prefer something that's more studio-suited for pro work, the VE7 is a very strong offering that balances quick, precise neutrality with vividness and power.

As always, I hope you enjoy the review. Cheers! :)

Vision Ears VE7: The Control Room - A Custom In-Ear Monitor Review

VE-VE7-R-7_S.jpg

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,715 of 5,715
From what I gathered across VE Taiwan and other sights, It seems both the EXT and the PHöNIX will only be as universal when they launch. Since EXT's faceplate is manufactured using CNC, I think anyone wanting to get that really cool purple faceplate have to go with universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back