Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Aug 22, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #1,021 of 5,715
To the VE owners in this thread:

Would you be so kind as to share some photos of your shells? @chungjun I’d also love to see a close up of the light purple!

I am thinking of ordering my Elysium with the olive green shells but I’m a bit worried as nobody has ordered those before in that combo and I can’t see what it’ll look like :/

Idk otherwise I gotta go for the stock look, and while I do absolutely love it, I’d prefer at least a little customization :)

You just need to go back to side 65 of this thread :)...

Elysium7_3_750px.jpg

Elysium4_2.jpg

Aug 23, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #1,025 of 5,715
Hi,

well the idea of these four settings was to make the ERLKöNIG more adjustable to the owners preferences. Some people like huge bass (setting 1), some prefer a rather balanced sound (setting 2), some may like rather low bass with more focus on the mids and highs (setting 3) and for the vocal lovers we have position 4. So mainly the switch is attenuating the Bass, so that you have maximum bass with position 1, moderate bass with position 2, minimum bass with position 3 and position 4 has the same bass as position 3 but also 3dB less high frequencies, so that there is more focus on the mids. All these tunings are made with the crossover components.

Hope this helps

Marcel

Thank you for the info very useful. Just one more clarification. Are you saying between setting 1,2 and 3, the only difference is the amount of bass, the mid and treble are basically the same?

Also what is the impedance of the Erlkonig?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,026 of 5,715
Thank you for the info very useful. Just one more clarification. Are you saying between setting 1,2 and 3, the only difference is the amount of bass, the mid and treble are basically the same?

Also what is the impedance of the Erlkonig?
When I listened to it and switched the settings I only heard a difference in bass quantity, the rest of the freq. spectrum felt unaffected

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,027 of 5,715
6FE63011-920B-48FE-9BCD-628F835426A1.png

Final design choice:

Crystal blue left, olive right, stock Elysium faceplates!!

Having looked at pretty much all the VE photos I could find the olive and the crystal blue look more like a light finish to the shell as opposed to a deeper colour like most of the other options

Impressions to be taken soon :)

The hype is real :3

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #1,029 of 5,715

Final design choice:

Crystal blue left, olive right, stock Elysium faceplates!!

Having looked at pretty much all the VE photos I could find the olive and the crystal blue look more like a light finish to the shell as opposed to a deeper colour like most of the other options

Impressions to be taken soon :)

The hype is real :3

This looks good, man! Let us know how you like them :)

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,030 of 5,715
This looks good, man! Let us know how you like them :)
Thanks dude I will be sure to write up a review!

I really liked your review of the VE8, and as a massive joker/batman fan I feel obligated to post my custom A18t here haha
IMG-8162.JPG

A question about that Forza Audioworks cable in your review though - I have the 8wire Claire hybrid, same one as in your photo, but you also have a pure silver 8 wire, from FAW - is Matthew selling these already?

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,031 of 5,715
NOICE!!!!!
Thanks dude I will be sure to write up a review!

I really liked your review of the VE8, and as a massive joker/batman fan I feel obligated to post my custom A18t here haha

A question about that Forza Audioworks cable in your review though - I have the 8wire Claire hybrid, same one as in your photo, but you also have a pure silver 8 wire, from FAW - is Matthew selling these already?

NOICE!!!!! Awesome design, man!

What do you mean pure silver 8-wire? I only have the stock cable and the Claire Hybrid flat braid. Maybe the color editing in my photos were a little misleading?

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,032 of 5,715
20566964-FC8A-4C93-94B3-8E775B32ECB1.jpeg
NOICE!!!!!

NOICE!!!!! Awesome design, man!

What do you mean pure silver 8-wire? I only have the stock cable and the Claire Hybrid flat braid. Maybe the color editing in my photos were a little misleading?
Aaaah I think it’s the color editing yes..... it seemed from the photo that it’s a pure silver and not the same hybrid as mine :)

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,035 of 5,715
Congratulations, did you pick up any additional face plates? What setting do you like most? It’s been my favorite iems since acquiring hem a months over a month ago.

Please give impressions on SP2000 and Erlkonig combo, I am using triple flange tips.

Are you going to use another cable for your DMP-1Z or are you just going to use an adapter. I thought the stock cable is very good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back