Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Aug 13, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #991 of 5,715
Mm...any Erlkonig owner here? How is the stock cable? Good, v good, or? Have you tried cable rolling? Which one works better?

Mine is pick-up in Singapore 1st week Sept. (hopefully Vision ears ships on time or it will be a wasted trip for me) and am looking for advance info re: earphone cable. Yup, blind purchase.

Tia.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #992 of 5,715
Mm...any Erlkonig owner here? How is the stock cable? Good, v good, or? Have you tried cable rolling? Which one works better?

Mine is pick-up in Singapore 1st week Sept. (hopefully Vision ears ships on time or it will be a wasted trip for me) and am looking for advance info re: earphone cable. Yup, blind purchase.

Tia.

Well you will like it a lot. I bought mine two weeks ago and has enjoyed it tremendously. I have other great cables but so far I am only using the stock cable which is pretty good. Please give your impressions after you receive your. It has an organic and unlike BA sound signature.

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #993 of 5,715
@raypin Try the Dunu Hulk if a demo is available. It does plenty more for the VE8 than EA's Janus B or D. As surprising as it may seem.

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #994 of 5,715
Mm...thanks.....will audition in E1 Personal Audio in SG for ciem and cable.

Thinking of reterminating some of my cables from 2.5 mm to 4.4 mm.

Missing in my collection: silver cables.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #995 of 5,715
Well you will like it a lot. I bought mine two weeks ago and has enjoyed it tremendously. I have other great cables but so far I am only using the stock cable which is pretty good. Please give your impressions after you receive your. It has an organic and unlike BA sound signature.

Mm....sounds like right up my alley.....my expectations from my Erlkonig: as clear and resolving as my KSE 1500, the sweet, fantastic mids of my Fitear TG 334 and the god-like, freakishly-detailed bass of my HE 1. Maybe I should have gone Elysium instead of the Erlkonig....and it is a ciem. Hope my gamble pays off.

How is the fit on yours? Fussy? Snug? Noise isolation?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #996 of 5,715
Mm....sounds like right up my alley.....my expectations from my Erlkonig: as clear and resolving as my KSE 1500, the sweet, fantastic mids of my Fitear TG 334 and the god-like, freakishly-detailed bass of my HE 1. Maybe I should have gone Elysium instead of the Erlkonig....and it is a ciem. Hope my gamble pays off.

How is the fit on yours? Fussy? Snug? Noise isolation?

Fit is perfect and loving the silver finish. To me it is as clear and resolving as the KSE1500, don't know about Fitear, but bass is fast and detailed and I like the way how the notes attack and present themselves, pitch is precise and accurate with good decay and air.

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #997 of 5,715
Mm...thanks.....will audition in E1 Personal Audio in SG for ciem and cable.

Thinking of reterminating some of my cables from 2.5 mm to 4.4 mm.

Missing in my collection: silver cables.
You better start stocking great silve cable. My favorite is Norne Audio Silvergarde 3. For an excellent highly resolving iems like the Erlkonig, a copper cable will reduce its sound characteristic of clear, clean, fast, precise, textural, airiness, and attack. My favorite setting is “2” at the moment. I also bought an additional Gold Face Plate.

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #998 of 5,715
Mm...the erlkonig only comes with 1 pair of faceplate? Why the extra? By the way, the stock silver cable is what length? 1.2 or 1.5? 4 6 or 8 wire? microphonics? Pliable? stiff?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #999 of 5,715
Mm...the erlkonig only comes with 1 pair of faceplate? Why the extra? By the way, the stock silver cable is what length? 1.2 or 1.5? 4 6 or 8 wire? microphonics? Pliable? stiff?

Yes only one set of face plate, there are four other sets in Gold, Rose Gold, Silver and Black that you can buy in addition. The extra face plate is just for personal preference and aesthetics, you don't need to buy any if you do not want to. It is just for fun. I tried my heavy gauge pure silver cable last night and find it increases the body a little bit, however, it may reduce the airiness a little also but I am not sure I am still trying out. Will see. The stock cable is a very pliable thin four cores pure silver cable made by Effect Audio specifically for the Erlkonig. There is very little microphonics if any. I think it actually does a very good job. Now I have used the Erlkonig for three weeks, I started to get a feel of the sound character and it is resolving and transparent enough that it will be sensitive or revealing enough to show differences in cables. So get your favorite cable ready. I am still of the opinion that VE made a right choice in going with pure silver as it really accentuate the beautiful character of the Erlkonig. And keep in mind that all of this is done in setting 2 and you have four settings to play with go and enjoy.

Aug 18, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,000 of 5,715
I read quite a few impressions of the Erlkonig but many didn't seem to mentiond its soundstage. Could anyone please comment on how large the soundstage on the Erlkonig is? How does it compare to something like the Tia Fourte or U18t in soundstage? Thanks.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #1,002 of 5,715
Hi,

I am sorry that this happened. This can happen when one is not too routined in changing cables. But according to the pictures, it looks like the pin is not too deep inside the socket. So it should be possible to release it without having to change the whole socket.

Just contact your reseller and they will initiate the process.

All the best from Cologne,

Johannes

Guys, it has been 9 (nine) days since the occurrence of the incident and only 5 (five) work-days and I already have my VE8 back in my possession, fully repaired!
This level of service is incredible!

4MgNJdR

giphy.gif

apVOrQ4

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #1,003 of 5,715
Guys, it has been 9 (nine) days since the occurrence of the incident and only 5 (five) work-days and I already have my VE8 back in my possession, fully repaired!
This level of service is incredible!

4MgNJdR

giphy.gif

apVOrQ4
Hej,

we are happy that you are happy! And we know that it is the worst thing if you have to send the earphone back that you just received short time before. So the guys in the lab finished it in only one day and we sent it back to your vendor directly :wink:

Hope that was a single incident and you can enjoy your VE8 for a long time now!

All the best from Cologne,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Aug 21, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #1,004 of 5,715
Johannes, is it possible for VE to give us more information on the various settings on the Erlkonig? I just wanted to know what are differences.

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #1,005 of 5,715
First post on this thread, on the topic of the VE Elysium

I am currently considering selling off some of my IEMs to fund an Elysium purchase as I've been missing it ever since I heard it at the Canjam London - made quite the impression on me.

My only concern with customs and acrylic shells is the durability - but I read somewhere that you guys fill the CIEMs with a certain material, and the guy at the stand told me you also use somewhat thicker shells to further improve the durability.

@Vision Ears could you give me some info on that? I also wanted to ask about the impressions - do you need them to be sent to you or would .STL files be fine?

Thank you!

Hoping to place an order soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back