Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Mar 9, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #724 of 5,702
I wonder what the VE8 will be tuned like. VE6 is supposed to be neutral, although it's a little bit too harsh, thin and analytical. VE5 is for mids. VE4/ Stage 4 is for balanced signature.

The Vision Ears line-up is lacking a warm monitor, something like Stage 5 to complete the group. But considering the high price of VE6, I doubt the VE8 can achieve better clarity than VE6 and still be attractive for the price.

So my guess is the VE8 wants to challenge the ProPhile 8. Natural and neutral without harshness, making VE6 obsolete. But PP8 is already cheaper than VE6, so this would be a difficult challenge indeed.

Can't wait for first impressions!

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #725 of 5,702
  I wonder what the VE8 will be tuned like. VE6 is supposed to be neutral, although it's a little bit too harsh, thin and analytical. VE5 is for mids. VE4/ Stage 4 is for balanced signature.

The Vision Ears line-up is lacking a warm monitor, something like Stage 5 to complete the group. But considering the high price of VE6, I doubt the VE8 can achieve better clarity than VE6 and still be attractive for the price.

So my guess is the VE8 wants to challenge the ProPhile 8. Natural and neutral without harshness, making VE6 obsolete. But PP8 is already cheaper than VE6, so this would be a difficult challenge indeed.

Can't wait for first impressions!

Being an owner of the P8, and not convinced by the rest of the VE line up yet, I am eager for this as well.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #726 of 5,702

At this moment we only know the price is around Eur2330, this time don't had any upgrade plan but if you had VE6 you can had a special discount to had your VE8.

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #727 of 5,702
I've posted some impressions in the canjam Singapore thread if anyone is interested.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #729 of 5,702

VE8. Basssssssy. This was an enveloping type of bass, like a dewy, sun half-up, early-morning kind of mist. Did not obscure the other frequencies, which was good, but lacked the magical air of the VE5 and the VE6. The sound overall was also maybe a bit too restrained, laid-back. However on slamming songs the VE8 can still punch hard and reach deep, and I liked that since getting good dynamic contrast between the soft and subtle vs the loud and flashy is not easy, and this IEM does it well. Overall I think Vision Ears does a remarkable job of creating subtle, mature, well-tuned IEMs, and this was another example of that. You're not going to get an 'american' sound here, if you know what I mean. Ultimately though I missed the air, and when I told Amin that, and he said, then you probably like the 5 and 6. Well, yes I do!

Well, I wasn't too far off then.

I think InEar set the bar unreachably high with the ProPhile 8. It's seriously the most transparent IEM I've heard to this date. Musical, too, without the sterile and analytical sound of an Etymotic.
So VE6 is still the neutral reference. I was hoping VE8 would be an improved VE6.

At 2.400 € out of my reach anyway.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #731 of 5,702

Hello Thomas. Hope Singapur was great. Happy with my VE2 for now. Hope to hear the VE8 Universal when i'm next time in Cologne.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #732 of 5,702
"Im glad I bought the amazing VE5 from Vision Ears three months ago, they are awesome and make the experience on a whole new level. Until now I have listened with iBasso DX90. But I get mild tinnitus and hiss in the ears with its maybe more harsch sound, so I think better class DAP is appropriate, so Im thinking about iBasso DX200 or Cowon Plenue 2, which of both is better soundwise and will not give me hiss in the ears with VE5?

Thanks in advance!"

Thats an email written from me, what are your thoughts about the topic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back