Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Mar 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #406 of 5,715
For complete remolding? I guess he charges the half of the original product right? That was kinda sad for me, I have been looking for alternatives honestly but yeah SE5way is a different beast to work with compared to the regular ciems.

Btw, what caused problem with your fit? I thought you were all good?
I wore braces for a year and now they are off. They changed the position of my jaws and thus my canals.

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #407 of 5,715
I wore braces for a year and now they are off. They changed the position of my jaws and thus my canals.

Oh ok then I got it. Glad that you could be healthy enough live without them now
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #409 of 5,715

There comes a time in every SE-5-owner's life when he/she pauses, and suddenly it dawns on him/her that SE-5s are "really rather expensive"

For some, this moment occurs when their next bank statement arrives through their letterbox, after they ordered their SE-5s.

For others, the moment does not occur until maybe several months or years later, when something unforeseen happens... and a re-shell becomes necessary.

Either way, it's painful and I sympathise!

It dawned on me when I got the email from Grzegorz that he received my impressions and they'll fit in my ears.

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #416 of 5,715
  A Taiwanese headphone store, MyEar, toured the VE lab (lots of pictures)... http://my-ear.no-ip.org/wordpress/vision-ears-lab/

This's why I always love your posts Tom. A real treat indeed.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #419 of 5,715
Subscribed.  It's really nice to see a "VE/Rhines" thread , as I really like the sound of Stage 3 and Stage 4.  I find that they perform even better than other high-end, more famous and common CIEMs.

I have sent my Rhines Stage 4 back for an upgrade to Stage 5 - hopefully, I would be able to post some impressions later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back