1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. iBo0m
    Do you know what cable they use with Elysium, according to VE it should be a new (redesigned) one?

2. Deezel177
    It is indeed new. I don't know whether or not I'm allowed to disclose the manufacturer, but they're a very reputable brand.

Sound~Patriot and iBo0m like this.
  3. iBo0m
    This is no. 1 audio fans community, so where else you should disclose any info :p

4. Deezel177
    There are fans, then there are manufacturers that I'd like to respect and stay on the good side of. :wink:

5. iBo0m
    Sure, I got the point from your first reply. I was just kinda joking :)

Deezel177 likes this.
  6. Sound~Patriot
    It isn't just new, above all it's great! Haven't replaced it yet as there's no need for changes or improvements imo.

Vision Ears and iBo0m like this.
  7. Jalo
    If I were to guess and based on the recent partnerships with Effect Audio for my Erlkonig cable, I will say it is an eight cores silver cable made by Effect Audio and weaved in a snake pattern.

iBo0m likes this.
  8. Deezel177
    Are you sure? It doesn't look like one... :wink:

9. iBo0m
    Well... to me it also doesn't look like EA, they used those previously. It's quite thin - I've read 28AWG, so even 8wire should be lightweight (as most of the stock cable are to provide comfy wearing). EA doesn't make 28AWG except for one entry edition (not anymore) as far as I know...

It's hard to speculate... anyway, the cable looks cool! :)

10. davidmolliere
    Today @lafeuill had me audition the Dunu Hulk cable with the VE8, and he is right this is a fantastic pairing with the VE8!

I always found myself wishing for more bass slam and sub with the VE8 and oh my this cable really lift things up there. It also makes the mids fuller and a tad warmer but it doesn’t stop there I found lower treble had a bit more energy which I like a lot. In fact, I like it better than PW 1960 4 wires or any other cable I tried with the VE8. Worth checking out especially since the Hulk has something of their own “awesome plug” not unlike the DITA Oslo.

A punchy high performing cable at a decent price... and it pairs so well with the VE8, I ordered one just right after auditioning it’s that good...

11. chungjun
    The Hulk has been on my radar as well, particularlyfor its plug system...

How do you find the ergonomics though? Do you forsee any issue with comfort after long use given the build / thickness?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  12. lafeuill
    I've been using it daily with my VE8 for the last ten days, no complaints about either comfort or ergonomics. Rather compliments to the chef actually.

I'm no Hulk, mind you. And sensitive like hell, so it's no small feat. The only thing you learn quickly is to hold it if ever you have to run. ^^

22AWG 4wire is less discreet than, say, a SuperBaX. Sure. But I don't feel like Mr. Teeing my style exaggeratedly with it either, and the reasonable heft of it helps steadying the customs in my ears. Reasonable because the splitter is much lighter than the Han Sound one on my Zen 8W, and a bit more compact than the ones Effect Audio use.

Braiding is tight but the cable remains fluid, and not too flashy. Inspecting it closely one can appreciate the quality of the craftsmanship. Dunu are quite serious with this cable.

Plug swapping cannot be easier and quicker, without compromising resilience at that. Dita's awesome plug is probably even safer, yes, but at the cost of quite a bit more swapping time.

There's a lot more to say about the synergy with the VE8. That'll be following shortly, but I'd sum up the impression as one of natural focus, coherence and dynamism. @davidmolliere seconded that today, with trigger pulling consequences, as he mentioned earlier.

Well, yesterday because at now 6:55AM, I've finally managed to take off my customs to get some sleep.

VE8 rule. IMHO ofc.

Moreso paired up with this cable.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    davidmolliere likes this.
  13. beholdclarity
    Yesterday, I was removing the cable from my new VE8. I was just about to post a more in-depth review because I was so incredibly happy with them. All the while I was thinking "go slow, do it gently". The right side was stuck in pretty good but wriggling it out just as shown in the manual was no problem. With the left side, I did the same: *wriggle wriggle*, just as shown in the instructions but immediately the cable came loose and I was like

[​IMG]

The pin had broken. It just gave, without any undue force. It's not my first rodeo and I knew from other posts this could happen.... but man.
    I ceased all activities and retreated to review the damage an hour later so as not to take any rash actions and make it worse.
    Upon inspection, it became clear that the pin hat broken inside the chassis and there was no way of getting it out myself

_DSC5389.JPG

I think I need to call Vision Ears and my vendor tomorrow to see if they can help me out

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  14. Sound~Patriot
    HOLY MOTHER THERESA !!

[​IMG]

This is a nightmare....

But i'm quite confident the guys from VE will sort this out for you. Their customer service is outstanding

PhilW likes this.
  15. Vision Ears
    Hi,

I am sorry that this happened. This can happen when one is not too routined in changing cables. But according to the pictures, it looks like the pin is not too deep inside the socket. So it should be possible to release it without having to change the whole socket.

Just contact your reseller and they will initiate the process.

All the best from Cologne,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last