Virus
May 25, 2010 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Frank I

Columnist/Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
Malicous adware warning coming up. You have google ads wgch are allowing virus software on the site. They had the same proble on the Audio Asylum site and blocked it. this will call virus and spyware to load on member pcAlso ads are popping up on forum pages.

May 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 9
You sure it's not malware on your computer creating these malicious ads?  I haven't gotten any hits.

EDIT: Or are you just getting WOT alerts?  Because that doesn't really mean there is a virus attached in any way...  I haven't seen the site feed me more than 10 ads, one for the S-Flo, one for CanJam, one for a WD contest, one for Google Ad Services, and lastly one for flights.  (Not counting the Our Sponsors ad box)

May 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 9
I just got a malicious warning from microsoft for this site. I am now viewing with firefox and will post if a warning pops up....that is all

May 27, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 9
Sometime prior to the platform switch, we were seeing complaints of this.  In fact, there were many sites receiving complaints of this.  It was a rather short-lived, from what I could tell, and I haven't been seeing many (if any) complaints of it lately (except for this thread, of course).  If anyone sees an issue fitting the description, please post about it here (with as many details as you can reasonably provide).

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
StargateRecords, what antivirus are you using that is reporting this warning? 

Kaspersky 2012 on Windows 7 Professional, running Firefox with no extensions (Java, Flash etc all up to date).

Quote:

StargateRecords, what "Google Diagnostic" Are you referring to?  Head-fi's "safe browsing diagnostic" is clean.

The first time I had this warning was just before Christmas, at that time Kaspersky reported that malicious software was attempting to download onto my system, but was blocked by Kaspersky. I ran Google Diagnostics and there was a report of "suspicious content", not located on Head-Fi but located on an intermediary domain:

"1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site."

Kaspersky identifies this intermediary domain as follows:

The Google Diagnostics advisory is still in place for the time period just before Christmas, confirming that 3 pages resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent during the past 90 days, but the current status of the site is safe:

Despite this Kaspersky has reported the exact same warning of malicious software attempting to download. This time I looked up the location of the files containing the suspected malware and Kaspersky returned this information:

Suspicious File Locations:

HeadFi_728x90_Technorati.html

HeadFi_300x250_Technorati.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you use Kapersky, this specific Kapersky "heuristic" appears to be a source of false positives: http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t100694.html

I have looked at the False Positive you linked to but I am getting a different warning message, which refers specifically to malicious software attempting to download and then consequently being blocked by Kaspersky. I will attempt to capture the message for you if it appears again. It's not a big deal for me as (a) Kaspersky is blocking whatever it is, and (b) I can login via Debian if needs be. Just thought I would pass on the report. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back