Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
Apr 22, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #451 of 732
US5 Pro is just a US4+ with an additional 4.4mm connection and non PRO is the exact same device, just without the reed relais volume control.
Ah thanks. I feel better. I don't do 4,4 or run portable gear off desktop amps :D

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #453 of 732
Ah thanks. I feel better. I don't do 4,4 or run portable gear off desktop amps :D

I think it's a good feature. Definitely makes buying cables easier for gear like the HE-1000SE, TH-900 mk2 or similar headphones.

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #454 of 732
I think it's a good feature.
I wish more amp manufactures were doing this!
Ah thanks. I feel better. I don't do 4,4 or run portable gear off desktop amps
I used to own Abyss Diana V2 with 4.4mm SC cable, was pairing it with a portable amp (BX2-Plus) that had 4.4mm. But when I wanted to connect it to my desktop amplifiers (V281 or HTT2) none of them have 4.4mm, so had to buy myself an adapter. So yeah, I wish more desktop amps had 4.4mm.

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #455 of 732
I think it's a good feature. Definitely makes buying cables easier for gear like the HE-1000SE, TH-900 mk2 or similar headphones.
I don't know why you say that. I had no problem buying balanced Fostex cables with XLR or 1/4 inch SE plugs.

I wish more amp manufactures were doing this!

I used to own Abyss Diana V2 with 4.4mm SC cable, was pairing it with a portable amp (BX2-Plus) that had 4.4mm. But when I wanted to connect it to my desktop amplifiers (V281 or HTT2) none of them have 4.4mm, so had to buy myself an adapter. So yeah, I wish more desktop amps had 4.4mm.
But you could also get an XLR cable, couldn't you?

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #456 of 732
It's pretty easy to understand in the context of the Niimbus.

The US456789 have 4 amps inside. 4.4mm and XLR both offer full access. A SE connector does not. Imagine having a DAP with 4.4mm and wanting to profit from both the US456789's s design AND the DAP too, with just one cable.

Guess which connector is the best solution.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #457 of 732
But you could also get an XLR cable, couldn't you?
Yes, XLR cable is available for Diana V2, the issue is that if you are using it sometimes at your desktop and sometimes portable (like I was) then you are kinda left with two options 1) have 4.4 to XLR adapter; or 2) convert from XLR to 4.4. This, unless if you have both desktop and portable amps taking the same input. I did not find many portable (powerful) amps that had XLR output, the best had 4.4mm. Now with desktop amps it is the other way around, most do have XLR, but not 4.4mm. Hope this explains the situation I was in better.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #458 of 732
Yes, XLR cable is available for Diana V2, the issue is that if you are using it sometimes at your desktop and sometimes portable (like I was) then you are kinda left with two options 1) have 4.4 to XLR adapter; or 2) convert from XLR to 4.4. This, unless if you have both desktop and portable amps taking the same input. I did not find many portable (powerful) amps that had XLR output, the best had 4.4mm. Now with desktop amps it is the other way around, most do have XLR, but not 4.4mm. Hope this explains the situation I was in better.
Ah, I see. I go with different cables with hardware hardwired connectors, since I hate adapters.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #459 of 732
Has anyone tried pairing a Holo Audio May KTE with the v590/v550? Would love to hear some impressions.

Jun 20, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #461 of 732
I plan on getting the V590 for my Susvara. Are there any issues to consider before?
No concern, I am using V590 Pro with Susvara, sounds great. Note that you may want to boost gain a little (there's switch in the back), at +0 db you have to turn the nob up 2/3 way to get Susvara at its full performance, which leaves little headroom.

No complaint here except the price of V590, lol, sounds great!

Jun 20, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #462 of 732
I plan on getting the V590 for my Susvara. Are there any issues to consider before?

I just got the Susvara a couple of days ago to pair with my v590. I’ve only had 2-3 hours to listen to them so far but it does sound really good with it.

I definitely would recommend increasing the gain. I have my gain set to +12db.

I do feel like an amp like the Niimbus US5+ may pair slightly better with it based on what I read or you could always try a speaker amp as well.

All that being said, I’m very happy with the v590 and Susvara pairing and have no plans to change this any time soon.

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #463 of 732
I just got the Susvara a couple of days ago to pair with my v590. I’ve only had 2-3 hours to listen to them so far but it does sound really good with it.

I definitely would recommend increasing the gain. I have my gain set to +12db.

I do feel like an amp like the Niimbus US5+ may pair slightly better with it based on what I read or you could always try a speaker amp as well.

All that being said, I’m very happy with the v590 and Susvara pairing and have no plans to change this any time soon.
Thanks, I'm space limited. Area that I have for an amp is 480mm x 390mm x 100mm. Based on their manuals, the V590 and Topping A90 are the only 2 locally available units, I could find that fit within those dimensions and are able to produce 15V continous output or more.

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #464 of 732
No concern, I am using V590 Pro with Susvara, sounds great. Note that you may want to boost gain a little (there's switch in the back), at +0 db you have to turn the nob up 2/3 way to get Susvara at its full performance, which leaves little headroom.

No complaint here except the price of V590, lol, sounds great!
Thank you, so no reliability or other issues.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #465 of 732

a) always use the XLR connection for most power and to employ all the 4 amps inside
b) use the pre-gain on the back as already stated but don't go overboard. If you're at 12'o clock for most of the time it's ideal.
c) Try to avoid USB unless you insist on DSD etc. and use the XLR in with a good source/streamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back