Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
Apr 17, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #436 of 732
I would only say it's worth the effort if everything else in your chain is already at the level where it can't offer any improvement. I'm talking relatively little stuff like cables, power conditioning, modest vibration control, negative ion generator, the works (I might be kidding on some of those but you get the idea).
Ethernet tweaks is overlooked to improve sound if streaming audio imo. Theres audiophile switches and ethernet filters and better ethernet cables.

I bought 2 ifi ipower x and replaced the standard power supplys for tp link ax 50 router and netgear gs108 switch. At first day listening i did not hear any difference but one week later i noticed my system have never sounded this good before. So maybe there was som hours burn in time.

From streamer to Lake People RS02 amp
Fatest bass i have heard. Now HD800S is bass king maybe not with sub bass because hp limitation but with mid bass. More warmer smoother bass with more air its like its leaving the hp and hoover more around and more articulate.

Treble harden up less and sound more sofisticated and detailed less sibilance more articulate.

Less glare and grain in voices.

Overall a cleaner warmer open airier sound. details is easier to hear. Probebly more dynamic also because sound dont collapse harden up as much at both ends, mute bass and treble information . I dont suspect placebo.

Even my Apple TV 4k got cleaner/sharper picture with my oled tv and with same sound improvements.

iFi audio has said its system dependent though if you will hear an improvement. Maybe if you have gear that clean up things very well allready but i think you will here an improvement anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #437 of 732
It's always interesting to hear what gets results for some people, or what doesn't. For some it is PSU upgrades, for others it is USB tweaks, and for others it is vibration platforms, and on and on. Personally I have had great results with some stuff and absolutely zero benefit in other cases. I won't begrudge people for enjoying whatever tweak they want, but I also don't buy into a lot of the wacky stuff you see out there.

My general philosophy is to always balance your system. Unfortunately I see a lot of people get that wrong. Folks with expensive systems spending big bucks on vibration control, cable risers, and Ethernet cables, but then just using a stock MacBook for USB playback? That's not balanced. They are missing the low-hanging fruit of a better transport in order to fiddle with aspects that are orders of magnitude smaller in terms of potential.

Anyway, I'm rambling off topic now. Sorry. Back to the V590.

Apr 19, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #438 of 732
It's always interesting to hear what gets results for some people, or what doesn't. For some it is PSU upgrades, for others it is USB tweaks, and for others it is vibration platforms, and on and on. Personally I have had great results with some stuff and absolutely zero benefit in other cases. I won't begrudge people for enjoying whatever tweak they want, but I also don't buy into a lot of the wacky stuff you see out there.

My general philosophy is to always balance your system. Unfortunately I see a lot of people get that wrong. Folks with expensive systems spending big bucks on vibration control, cable risers, and Ethernet cables, but then just using a stock MacBook for USB playback? That's not balanced. They are missing the low-hanging fruit of a better transport in order to fiddle with aspects that are orders of magnitude smaller in terms of potential.

Anyway, I'm rambling off topic now. Sorry. Back to the V590.
Yes the upstream source is just as important, as clean as possible, computers are noisy. To make your HP, Amp, Dac to truly shine. New to me recently and seems trendy now is products that do reclocking and digital interfaces. Could be something for me to invest in maybe. Also it was one review of V590 that highlighted the reclocking feature for me. To be little on topic :)

Maybe a good rule is to fix the weakest link in the chain first.

Also on reading the Chord vs Lake people comparisions. I can and enjoy both companies products i own, and what they offer, even though they are probebly midfi.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #439 of 732
the usb interface really brings something to the sound, better for my taste and it is perfectly audible. I asked the question to the manufacturer who told him that it has no interest, whatever the input the dac deconstructs and reconstructs the signal .... still a mystery ....

Apr 22, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #440 of 732
Why is the V590 Pro's volume potentiometer so weak? It is practically impossible to control the volume other than via the remote control, manual control causes pops, interference and strange momentary increases in volume (really big). I think it qualifies for a guarantee. A really strange thing because the surcharge for the Pro version is really big and IMO is worse than the regular version.

Apr 22, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #441 of 732
Why is the V590 Pro's volume potentiometer so weak? It is practically impossible to control the volume other than via the remote control, manual control causes pops, interference and strange momentary increases in volume (really big). I think it qualifies for a guarantee. A really strange thing because the surcharge for the Pro version is really big and IMO is worse than the regular version.
So, you have the pro version and these issues with noise while change the volume?. I hate that in my Asus Xonar Essence One, even I quit my headphones when changing volume because is so annoying. If other people confirm this issue (some pages behind, I read about that), I won't buy a product that has the same issues I dislike from the product I come...

Apr 22, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #443 of 732
You have a US5? I didn't know those were even out yet.

Apr 22, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #444 of 732
just buy the non PRO version if the volume bothers you so much.

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #448 of 732
Ok, that was harsh. If you believe your volume is broken definitely get support and don't let months pass by.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #449 of 732
No i will have mid May that why i am worried.
Ah ok. I saw your signature and wondered if you were an official tester or something.

Just momentary flash of jealousy :D

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #450 of 732
US5 Pro is just a US4+ with an additional 4.4mm connection and non PRO is the exact same device, just without the reed relais volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back