Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
Jan 20, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #346 of 732
No, nothing, just go bitperfect. The Violectric stuff takes a lot of input volume, don't worry about it.

I recommend going the PI2AES route though instead of USB. You'll get more of your V590 that way. I use a Lynx AES card to the V590 with a single W3173 Neutrik wire and the Pi2AES still came out on top. It's just a superb design.

Building a RPI4 is not a big task, also you can setup an additional one as Rooncore/Roon Endpoint etc. if you want to go all out.
for now I will use the internal dac using usb, to get a feel of how it is in stock form, so I was referring to the headphone amp gain +6db addition, if I should do anything in tidal or roon to prevent clipping or is that not related at all.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #347 of 732
source.gif

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #349 of 732
may i ask some questions knowing I want to stick to using usb :)

1- power cord, any advise if I should invest in an after market one to get better sound quality
2- Dac, do you think adding a dac will give a better sound quality than the built in dac, as the whole reason I bought the 590 is to have an all in one Unit. If adding a dac to 590 which ones are recommended
3- for audeze lcd4 which do you think is it best to set the switches at the headphone gain
4- would it be better to do the upsampling from roon or using the 590 upsampling
5- after i installed the amenero driver i see 2 drivers now in roon, one wasapi and one combo asio, so which one is the better to use

I will share some impressions using 590 with lcd4, he1000se, he1000v1, denon 9200

Expect a feedback that might align or not align with some glorious feedback shared here

I will reference chord tt2, and a cheap romi bx2 plus portable amp with chord mojo, so buckle up. I will do some burn in for the 590 for few days, and then report back unless someone can tell me that the sound will not change with burn in

I am using the new USB Lush 3 cable, roon-tidal, and asus zephyrus Gx501Gi

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #350 of 732
hifiman he1000v1 is first headphone to comment on using with 590 as a dac amp, i really loved this combo, the 590 as a dac /amp has a tight grip on the sound, the sound was full with a big head room, bass was tight, great mids and details and big soundstage, when I used the he1000v1 with tt2 the synergy was a bit on the thinner side, and not as enjoyable as the 590 with he1000v1

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #357 of 732
Ya I’d check with your dealer. I don’t have that issue when using it as pre-amp nor headphone amp.

Sorry to hear you have this issue.

is it a "pro" version? so if so and that you do not actually hear any extraneous noise when turning the volume control, it is worrying for me :). But yet it seems to me that others have mentioned these "noises", am i wrong?

Jan 29, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #359 of 732
The Pro volume implementation should not be giving you any significant noise. It is basically silent, and the only way to really notice it should be in direct comparison with a standard version. If you've got noise or other issues, I'd reach out to your dealer or Violectric directly, that doesn't sound normal to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back