Vinyl Zyme Help
Feb 3, 2005 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Todd!

As I happily received my order from you a few days back, I immediately started using the Vinyl Zyme solution, but now I feel like I may not be doing something correctly.

I received two brushes from you, one which was very soft and was able to spread liquid around with ease. Another one was a very stiff row of bristles that looked like it was meant for picking up dirt and other stuff like that
smily_headphones1.gif

So, if I am correct, I would put a few sprays of the Vinyl Zyme on the record, and then spread it around with the first brush mentioned? I then wait for a minute for the liquid to dry, and then I use the second brush mentioned to clean off the solution and pick up any excess?

I have not performed this cleaning many times, because I want to make sure I am doing everything 100% correctly.

I ask this mainly because I felt that after I applied this liquid and performed the steps, that it would bring out more flaws in my recordings (and they were just about brand new 200gram vinyl - not old
smily_headphones1.gif
). It's not a big deal, and I'm sure it's my fault. I figured I may be playing the record too early, but I make sure that the record IS in fact dry before spinning it.

Thanks in advance!
-Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back