vintage receiver shopping on craigslist
Sep 9, 2007 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

judas391

500+ Head-Fier
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/sear...age%20receiver

any feedback on which of these would be a good deal?
thanks in advance, +karma to all who respond!
very_evil_smiley.gif

(trying to find something that would have a good headphone out to synergize with a 325i)

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 7
Yamaha's are definitely good sound for the money. The Pioneer isn't half-bad either...

I can definitely guarantee a pretty decent sound out of the headphone out of the KR-6600 Kenwood if it was working - I have one myself! However, my tube headphone amp beats it handily in terms of Grado synergization with my RS-2's...

This topic would be better posted in the Amplification forum.

Headphone meet is coming up in a month or two in Vancouver... are you coming?

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yamaha's are definitely good sound for the money. The Pioneer isn't half-bad either...

I can definitely guarantee a pretty decent sound out of the headphone out of the KR-6600 Kenwood if it was working - I have one myself! However, my tube headphone amp beats it handily in terms of Grado synergization with my RS-2's...

This topic would be better posted in the Amplification forum.

Headphone meet is coming up in a month or two in Vancouver... are you coming?

hell yeah, if bringing a 325i alone is fine. if it's within 1 or 2 months i'll also have a vintage marantz receiver or the like. let me know more details!

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 7
On that CL list there is one working tube receiver for $30... I assume Canadian dollars... What a bargain!
That unit would be my first choice. Most solid-state receivers from the late 70's through mid 80's were a bit bright/edgy or superficialy "warm". Tube units on the other hand rarely fail to make music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back