Vintage Pioneer thread
Apr 30, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #62 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not a behind the neck. It's a standard top of head headphone. Those ear hooks go behind the ears and are the only adjustable parts in terms of fit. The headband is NOT adjustable unless actually bending it to fit the shape of your head counts. Pioneer definitely made some interesting choices in their design.

Are you sure it's not meant to be worn behind the head with the ear hooks curling forward? If worn upright, Pioneer's logo is upside down, however if worn in the way you have them displayed, the logo is seen correctly.

Most of Pioneer's vintage headphones were all designed with a sense of realistic wearing purposes-- it seems strange to me that they would not only have their logo upside down but make it so awkward to wear.

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #64 of 272
My Pioneer Monitor 10s just arrived. These things absolutely love rock music, especially from the era that they are from.

Gettin' the Led out right now, and these cans were made for it.

Rock on!

May 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #65 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by thaddeussmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yet to have the logo upright would mean it's a chin strap ..

I could use a chin strap... that thing is always falling out of place!

All the way up isn't necessary, when worn like he has them displayed the Pioneer logo is still angled up. Just a theory, but with Pioneer's excellent and practical engineering for their vintage models, I'm going to be a hard sell that the logo is upside down when worn correctly.

Do you have the manual or anything displaying pictures on how to correctly wear and adjust the headphone? Also, I'm curious if the hooks will allow it to be worn as behind-the-head currently which then leads me to wonder if the pads can be removed and the hooks inverted.

May 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #67 of 272
May 4, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #68 of 272
thanks ..i think i'm going to refrain from re-cabling/tweaking this pair
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #69 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
se-50 arrived and well. not black like the other cans, still great build quality. these are a 2-way design, with paper cone woofers and heil tweeters, giving it a nice full sound (ok make that a strange sound
smile_phones.gif
)

these are the ones my Dad has/had...I will have to call him and see if we can find them. are they worth anything these days?

May 4, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #70 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by CEE TEE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these are the ones my Dad has/had...I will have to call him and see if we can find them. are they worth anything these days?

if in great condition- can be worth up to 50$ -ish

May 4, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #71 of 272
Thank you, ourfpshero, I am now remembering that my parents dog chewed the headstrap before I was born. But those white marshmallows were the first intro to headphones and I will try to dig them up and keep them.

May 4, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #73 of 272
Indeed. I've seen some in lesser condition make it over the $100 mark of late. Saw these and snatched them up without hesitation. These will be my at home monitors and the SE-4's my travel/office pair.

May 6, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #74 of 272
heres a rarity- i have never seen these b4  se-25xd

May 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #75 of 272

Quote:
here's my frankenstein se-4's. purchased for $15 on ebay friday, as-is (seller claims he couldn't test).

The headband was pretty beat up, one of the cup releases didn't work, and there was residue on one earcup (looked almost like the glue overheated and oozed everywhere).

So i spent an hour and cleaned them up, used the se-2 headband as a replacement, and rewired with canare mini-star quad + viablue splitter and mini jack. Everything sounds great, more dynamic than the SE-2's ..and especially better without the buzzing on low Hz.

se-4.jpg

I like the re cable job.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back