Vintage AKG K141 Spare Parts
Jun 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GREQ

Headphoneus Supremus
(repost from wrong forum)

I can't find anywhere that sells parts for old AKG headphones, specifically K141 (original)
I'm specifically looking for new elastics, new inner foam and new ear-pads. 
Any help would be much appreciated.

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 8
x2 on the earpads.

Coincidentally listening to mine now. ( silver 600 ohm pair ) I put new foam inside from my stockpile, a bit tricky, but am using some other new pads but the opening is pretty large compared to the stock ones. 
I'd love to get some actual replacements would save time instead of rolling my own.
So a friendly bump from another interested party, me.  Note to folks these vintage pleather pads aren't the same as the newer, unless I am mistaken. ( maybe the newer ones can be retrofit with double sided tape... anyone? )

For the elastics I used black hairbands and rerouted them over top of the lower headband mount points. Perfect fit and easier to replace. Looks stock too if you didn't know any better. Also did the same on the 140's.

If I find anything for vintage fit pads I'll post back too

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 8
The newer pads have some sort of bayonet twist-fit for easy replacement. The older ones just peel off leaving behind that sticky rubber type stuff you find on the back of various credit card sized cards when you peel them off letters. I'll look into the hair band thing - those would probably last a lot longer than the stock solution too.

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm tempted to just go look for some newer ones and deal with cutting off the assemblies to use double sided tape.  Sounds like that may be faster than finding replacements or rolling my own yet again. Going to bother me if the center isn't exactly same as stock.

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #5 of 8
I emailed AKG or 'Harman' rather and they were profoundly unhelpful, pointing me in the direction of a large AKG stockist. I emailed them and have had no response in a week.

This is getting rather frustrating.

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 8
Jul 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #7 of 8
Harman 'AKG' in the UK have pointed me in the direction of http://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/ - I have been quoted the following prices:

2144Z0801 Foam Disc @ 25p each
2144Z0602 ear cushion with adhesive @ 4.94 each
2040M0303 Rubber loops @ 67p each
Please add £7.00 shipping and handling to the order.

putting it at a total of £20.88 - which for the pads at least I think is a little steep. I would have expected £5 for a pair of pads, not £10 for a pair - as they're pleather not velour.
So I'm on the fence right now.

Also about a week ago I cut open my old velour pads and put some new cheap foam inside which actually works VERY well for comfort, but I need to keep rather still as the foam is not silent when moved. If I can find a quiet foam, I guess I can just re-foam it again later.

Next on the check-list are those black hair-bands...

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #8 of 8
I have the 600ohm version
I want to buy this part and mod it to 4pin mini xlr connector for unplugged cable.
61XfTxwZOwL._SX425_.jpg

I tried to mod the cable, but I prefer detachable one and more quality one
FZ6mjZs.jpg

What the best replacement for this sponge?
gxDx1ek.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back