Views on Drugs/Alcohol
Jun 15, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #31 of 64
I've never really had a drink and i've never smoked, although, maybe i should take up having a drink once and a while.
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #32 of 64
I drink and occasionally smoke pot. I think it's all a matter of self control. Honestly, even at my drunkest or highest, I am lucid enough to know that I can't drive, fly, or jump off tall buildings, and I can still read a book, think clearly, or do math. I guess for me it's just a physical sensation, not a mental one; but it is amazing to see how many people do not have this kind of control. And even more amazing, it's these people who do it the most. Seriously, if I ever lost mental control or judgment on drug or drink, I would never do it again. Maybe I'm just risk averse.

And I will admit that for me it's not really a social activity--I actually enjoy the sensations very much. So I actually prefer not doing it with other people around--too distracting.

Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Audio&Me
Drinking is not a social thing for me, I like being drunk, period.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you get a chance, let us know in advance when your funeral is.

That's seriously rude, man.
mad.gif

A lot of people like the sensation of being drunk--it's not exactly a bad sensation. As long as Audio&Me does it responsibly, I don't see why you feel the need to say such nasty things.

Jun 16, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #33 of 64
Lol, I found that comment funny. I agree, it's definately a physical thing, it's like a good whole body massage
biggrin.gif
. If it were mental, well then you'd have problems, and that's not good. If I ever did something irresponsible because of alcohol, I'd never drink again.

Jun 16, 2002 at 7:01 AM Post #34 of 64
everyone has their vices, whether it's alchohol, women, drugs, junk food, etc... doesn't mean that they all have serious mental problems.

i like drinking. but i don't depend on it to have fun.

Jun 16, 2002 at 6:35 PM Post #35 of 64
No comment.

as I headbang to "Psycho" off the System of a Down - Toxicity LP

"Psycho, Goupie, Cocaine, Crazy,
Psycho, Groupie, Cocaine, Crazy,
Psycho, Groupie, Cocaine, Crazy
Psycho Groupie Coke
Makes You High, Makes You Hide
Do You Really Want To Think And Stop
Stop Your Eyes From Flowing
So You Really Want To See The Show
You Really Don't Have To Be A Ho
Psycho, Groupie, Cocaine, Crazy..."

Jun 16, 2002 at 7:31 PM Post #36 of 64
Go and ask your friend watch "Requiem for a Dream". One of my friend told me that's the movie they want their children to watch when they get outta highschool.

You're born with some many brain cells. If one decided to kill it faster, by all means, but stay away from me. I have seen cases before. Over time, they react slower, respond slower. It's not unusual.

IMHO, a wise person always know when to stop when they drink.

Jun 17, 2002 at 12:54 AM Post #37 of 64
i'm not into hedonism, but i assure you that all of my friends seem to be. doesn't really matter to me, i'm just happy that i can be there to give them a ride or whatever if they need it. however, i am sick of people getting blasted every weekend and then saying they're just having fun. if you get blasted every weekend and "need it to unwind" you're an alcoholic. you require it to make your life sweeter. and there isn't necessarily anything wrong with that. just be honest with yourself about it. the fact that people tell themselves ******** is what annoys me, but whatever. i just don't care anymore. i care just as much as about every one of my friends who'll **** anything that moves and then wonder why they have emotional problems.. gee, whodathunkit?

drink, smoke, do whatever you want. but if you **** with me, i can guarantee that i am sober and will most likely be able to take you out.

however, you'll also catch me wishing i was an alcoholic or drug addict. there sure is plenty of **** going on in this world that i wouldn't mind forgetting and/or not feeling.. so i can't blame any of my friends.

and for the record, i would like to state my list of drugs: alcohol, nicotine, caffeine. if you require coffee in the morning to get up and going, you're an addict. i don't think people should shun drug addicts and disclose them as inferior, when you have to ingest six cups of liquid every morning before you awake. but that's just me.. i'm the completely drug-free one. although, i do like a fine cigar. (mucous membrane nicotine absorption! woohoo!)

Jun 17, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #38 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
Here's the situation I find myself in: I just graduated from high school and all of a sudden all my friends (there are exceptions) seem to think that a good time cannot be had unless you are a: drunk or b: stoned. Perhaps I'm just strange, but to me the amount of fun I have had has been inversly porportional to the presence of drugs and alcohol.

I just don't get it. How can people drug and drink themselves into a stupor, awake the next day in misery, not be able to remember what happened the night before, and call it fun?! I am begining to feel like I am the only one who doesn't understand this. Please, enlighten me!

You friends are confusing this behavior with maturity.
Hopefully, you will not follow their stupidity.

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #40 of 64
ROTFLMFAO!

Jun 17, 2002 at 4:33 AM Post #42 of 64
Quote:

I usually drink like a pig 1, or 2 days a month.

I resemble that statement!!

Like I always say, "if it burns, smoke it". Just kidding. The only substance I abuse currently is caffeine and alcohol, the latter only because I love drunken women.

Jun 17, 2002 at 11:11 AM Post #43 of 64
I have not read anyone’s reply’s to this thread.
heres my 0.05c worth.

First let me say I see 2 separate ways to discuss drug use.

[1] If you can not choose the time you wish to take a particular drug (including cigarettes) then you are addicted.
This can go the range from controlling ones life making no other progress possible in career mainly along to continued social use. I note that this group almost always is never out of the influence of a drug.
One has to wonder why this person cannot face reality . Usually in my experience is most times comes back to one feeling unloved.

Second type .
this person chooses the drug of choice, the time and the place.
this person is not addicted. Most people are in this group. Many who people wont admit to drug use. I usually find that about 90% of people have tried drugs. Lets remember drugs includes all drugs socially acceptable [sometimes not even considered by some even to be drugs / pain killers ect from the doctor , beers wines ect , cigarettes] In this group are the who's who's in our world. I believe that drug use is a normal part of human history. It is also human to consider that your drug of choice is harmless or nearly harmless and the other people are using the bad drugs.

I dont know how governments of the world are going to beat the drug problem. There is little doubt that drug use is of no use to the progress of each country's economy. I dont think that the governments win , they just control. At the end of the day drug use is our choice.

yes I have used drugs at different times. these days I have no interest. I do socially drink

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:05 PM Post #44 of 64
I have had my share of experience with recreational pharmaceuticals while playing in club bands when I was in my late teens/early twenties. Of course, that was over 25 years ago. I do not drink alcohol, but am a smoker and love good strong caffeinated coffee....and Penguin mints. So I cannot say that I do not take drugs.
frown.gif

That said, I prefer not to hang out with people who get drunk. Personally, the people that I have seen drunk either get stupid or they get mean and abusive. I have no tolerance for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back