Vienna/Austria Meet?
Oct 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #16 of 31
is this thread still alive?

i plan on buying hd650, he400, k712 and x2 (have to wait for this one though) and would gladly let you all try them out...
also i plan on getting a magni/modi

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #18 of 31
well, time to wake up :)

oct 25 is blocked for me... i can offer nov 1, 15 and 29 and the respective sundays.
and i can organize a room again, of course.

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #21 of 31
There was one prospective guest from UK as I remember, but all that attended so far did speak german.

So far we were not that fast finding a time slot... so that might get complicated with returns.

Dates mentioned by @ampair look good to me. So far at least :wink:

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #25 of 31
ok so i did it and bought the k612 and k712 on amazon...
they should arrive around 6th (which is kinda tooooo long) and i will listen to them non stop if i can :wink:
sadly still using fiio e17 and not something better (not that it's bad)

listening to the k812 would be cool too :)
just curious, how old are you guys? (it would be kinda awkward to sit around 50 year old while being 19 myself, but k812 would compensate for it, i guess ^^)

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #26 of 31
Nice -- have not heard either so far, but would love to.

Age range was from 20-something to 40-something so far, with myself being in the latter part. I guess age is not a problem, but we could use some more attendants...

V281 is ordered, could make it just in time I guess :)

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #27 of 31
Originally Posted by plakat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can bring along a K812 and maybe the V281 (if its here in time)

so, you couldn't resist after all :wink:
i'm very eager to listen to those. even if i will struggle with myself afterwards NOT to spend the money.

but... it would be nice if the others from the last meets would chime in, e.g. @RAFA or @Yanaka.

(aaand i guess headfi won't let me state more than two names in the same post. shame. will have to do it in another one :D)

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #28 of 31
sooo... what about @pcyco and @nonno breuss? maybe even @Blinxat and @Gintaras could join in :)

i already talked to johnny (who is still not on head-fi), he will make it too. at least he said so.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #29 of 31
Hi, am afraid I can’t do the 15th.

After our last meet I figured that there are a lot of impressive headphones out there, but that I was still completely in love with me HD650 + Little Dot MKIII (which to me is still an awesome combination in terms of performance/price ratio).

Consequently I sold all me other stuff (HE400, ATH3000...) and swore never to buy anything else.

Several months later I went crazy and here I find myself gazing away in audio bliss with a Sony R10 (bass light Version) and waiting or a Red Wine Audio Bellinia DAC/Amp, which is supposed to be one of the most complimentary amps for the R10. Its momentarily in customs clearance.

One it has arrived you are welcome to step by any time an give a listen - however I'll refrain from testing more equipment for the rest of my life – as my headphone journey certainly ends here - as long as the R10 may last, maybe days, hopefully several years, it’s already 20 years old...
Have fun at the meet and enjoy the Music!

I just listen to this as I write it and love it – listen to 2.24 min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzbiqPJBATc
Best, Nonno

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #30 of 31

so, you couldn't resist after all :wink:
i'm very eager to listen to those. even if i will struggle with myself afterwards NOT to spend the money.

but... it would be nice if the others from the last meets would chime in, e.g. @RAFA or @Yanaka.

(aaand i guess headfi won't let me state more than two names in the same post. shame. will have to do it in another one :D)

As the saying goes: resistance is futile :wink:
Wolfgang should be able to make it as well... and I hope I don't forget as many cables as last time.

@nonno breuss I'll certainly drop by to check out your R10... and bring the V281 along. But I'm not in a hurry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back