Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015?
Oct 13, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #91 of 117
I think Edgar circulated the venue and time as follows:

"In the meantime I got a confirmation from TU: Seminarraum 351 is booked on October 17th from 14:00 for us, so save the date.

The address is 1040 Gußhausstrasse 27-29 (new building of Electrical Engineering faculty), first floor. It is the same room, in which last 2 meets took place, newcomers can follow the guide signs from the main entrance.

Power strips will be provided from the Fachschaft, as well as beer and soft drinks.

See you soon!

Cheers"

Thanks for the information, see you soon!

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #92 of 117
Good morning! Thanks for reminder, it's high time for announcing the place and time again.

Everything remains as it was arranged before - the venue is 1040 Gußhausstrasse 27-29 (new building of Electrical Engineering faculty), Seminarraum 351, 1. floor. Time is October 17th starting from 14:00. It's the same room as it was two previous times. Newcomers can follow leading signs from the main entrance.
Power strips will be provided by the Fachschaft, as well as beer and soft drinks. Regarding snacks, bring something with you, in order not to get your listening experience biased by your peckish stomach :)

I will have some samples from MyST Audio with me for sale:
- MyST IzoPhones-30; (planar magnetic headphone, isodynamic)
- MyST IzoPhones-30s; (planar magnetic headphone, isodynamic)
- MyST OrtoPhones; (planar magnetic headphone, orthodynamic)
- MyST Nail 3 and 2*2; (single balanced armature universal IEMs)
- MyST PortaDAC 1866 OCUB; (non-oversampling multibit portable DAC + HP amplifier with USB/coax/toslink/bluetooth connectivity)

Also, CEO of MusicaAcoustics from Tokyo, Japan will hopefully manage to ship two samples of Japanese IEMs that will be also for sale:
- Ortofon EQ-8; (single balanced armature)
- Oriolus; (4 driver hybrid (3BA+1DD))

See you soon, guys!

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #93 of 117
Edgar,

Re. what do you do to drive your 009s...

1. As a footnote to my own general request if anyone had a Blue Hawaii Special Edition (BHSE) in Vienna, or a Liquid Lightning or a Woo WES to drive a Stax, the answer seems sadly : No. However, one person answered...
2. Me!, awaiting clearance of my new KG-SSHV Carbon this week from Customs ! Can't wait. This is said to be the SS quality answer to fiddly tube amps....no disrespect intended to the fantastic tube builders (I still love to hear the BHSE in particular, but also LL2T and T2).
3. On the same topic, I have been listening to the Stax amp 006 this last month with my 009 and been really pretty happy (though the 007M2 I heard last month was even better (more tubes!) and am swapping mine today)...but more experienced audiophiles seem to generally look down on Stax amps per se (IMO they are pretty decent). But compared to my experience on my best amp Ray Samuels Dark Star + He6/LCD3/HD800, I'd say this (ie Stax amps+cable+earphones) is definitely a couple of notches higher in all respects, although this has much to do with the difference between electrostatic amps and dynamic ones. Still, going back to the great Dark Star and the best dynamics, the latter do have a lot to offer and the sound is very very decent ...    

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #96 of 117
  I think I'd be happy as well if I had a 009, no matter the amp xd (of course, as long as it is driven :) )

Ah, listen and decide... Lets just say the reason I don't own one is not the costs. I can understand why many like it, but I also know its not for me.

That aside I'm trying to get my packing list ready for Saturday...

Benchmark DAC2 (simply because thats what I use most)
Phonitor 2 (by request)
Beyerdynamic A2 (by request)
DT1770
TH900
T1.2
Z7
PHA-3

plus maybe the Master-1, depending on space and mood.

Any additional requests? Or is anybody interested in one of my for-sale items (T5p, T1 1. Gen, Ultrasone Signature Pro, T90)?

Btw.: there's a big party that night at the TU (main building, Prechtlsaal)... starts around 9pm I think. The PA on the main floor is one of my systems :wink:

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #98 of 117
great to hear that so many people will be coming, i hope we can accommodate all of you :)

my (mid-fi) package list will include:

beresford bushmaster mkii
schiit lyr
fiio e17, e12diy
my akg collection (yes, the whole lot
biggrin.gif
)

plus, i will also bring a wifi router for all of you who would like to bring streaming devices along.

one remark about the location:
there will also be a big student's party on friday night in the same building. which means the ground floor will most likely still be a bit sticky and smelly, with a few tired looking people cleaning up - and they are the guys who supply us with cold beer, so don't f**ing mess with them :wink: and don't worry, our room is on the first floor and clean.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #99 of 117
Perfect  See you there people

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #100 of 117
  Greetings from a very new member!

I live nearby vienna and would be happy to join the Oct. 17 meeting.

My gear that could be interesting?:
AK100 II & AK T5P
Modified Beyer T90 wit balanced XLR termination
Meridian Explorer2 DAC

Regards
Roman 

I am interested to check out the AK 100 II and compare to my DX90, i look forward to it,

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #101 of 117
Good morning! Thanks for reminder, it's high time for announcing the place and time again.

Everything remains as it was arranged before - the venue is 1040 Gußhausstrasse 27-29 (new building of Electrical Engineering faculty), Seminarraum 351, 1. floor. Time is October 17th starting from 14:00. It's the same room as it was two previous times. Newcomers can follow leading signs from the main entrance.
Power strips will be provided by the Fachschaft, as well as beer and soft drinks. Regarding snacks, bring something with you, in order not to get your listening experience biased by your peckish stomach :)

I will have some samples from MyST Audio with me for sale:
- MyST IzoPhones-30; (planar magnetic headphone, isodynamic)
- MyST IzoPhones-30s; (planar magnetic headphone, isodynamic)
- MyST OrtoPhones; (planar magnetic headphone, orthodynamic)
- MyST Nail 3 and 2*2; (single balanced armature universal IEMs)
- MyST PortaDAC 1866 OCUB; (non-oversampling multibit portable DAC + HP amplifier with USB/coax/toslink/bluetooth connectivity)

Also, CEO of MusicaAcoustics from Tokyo, Japan will hopefully manage to ship two samples of Japanese IEMs that will be also for sale:
- Ortofon EQ-8; (single balanced armature)
- Oriolus; (4 driver hybrid (3BA+1DD))

See you soon, guys!

The ORIOLUS from Dimitri will be the Star at our meeting on Saturday

NOMAX

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #103 of 117
I will bring my STAX SR-507 with SRM T1 amp (ECC99 tubes).

Also a special guest...

The inventor of the first high-end car radio with CD player in the late 80s (co-supplier for Magnat). He also co-engineered the first T+A CD player (PreCD 2000AC)
and many digital-to-analog converters.

Regards,

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back