Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Dec 18, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #1,066 of 1,216
Dec 19, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #1,067 of 1,216

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #1,068 of 1,216
This babe never failed to let me know how wonderful it sounds. Not my everyday iem but whenever I come back to it for a spin it never fails to amaze me again. So well tuned with one of the most delicately detailed and airy treble out there - even better than my electrostats.

May 3, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #1,069 of 1,216
Just received these and driving with Cayin C9 and Hugo2/Lotoo Paw6K.

First impressions: the frequency is on point: natural, balanced, with good extension. They remind me a bit of my AWKT with controlled bass, linear mids, and an elevation in upper mids. Not mid forward, thankfully. Very engaging timbre, nothing overly peaky. I wouldn't say they're bass shy, the bass is there when needed, it's just not a elevated. I have a Brise Audio Asuha Ref.2 balanced cable on the way, which I gather adds a little body.

They sound excellent on fusion, jazz, prog rock, classic rock. Not yet sure about classic metal, which is about 80% of my listening. Right now they sound a bit too polite for metal. But I'll burn 'em in this week and see how much they open up.

They sure are pretty.

P1090335 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #1,071 of 1,216
Jun 23, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #1,073 of 1,216
Won't post this on the actual sale thread, but I've seen a couple of these when new and the varnish on the wooden parts of the casing doesn't look nearly as faded as that. Not really the look of them as if never been used, IMO.
Not sure what you're saying. Do you think the finishing on mine looks really worn out?

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #1,074 of 1,216
Won't post this on the actual sale thread, but I've seen a couple of these when new and the varnish on the wooden parts of the casing doesn't look nearly as faded as that. Not really the look of them as if never been used, IMO.
And just for your reference, I purchased these less than a year ago.

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #1,075 of 1,216
Not sure what you're saying. Do you think the finishing on mine looks really worn out?

Yes, at the very least I don't feel like the appearance corresponds to the way they're described on your listing text. Again this is only based on a couple of units I've seen when they are unused, but of course I'm not any kind of authority on this matter.

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #1,076 of 1,216
Yes, at the very least I don't feel like the appearance corresponds to the way they're described on your listing text. Again this is only based on a couple of units I've seen when they are unused, but of course I'm not any kind of authority on this matter.
I think it's just the lighting though. And also, due to the special treatment that the wood received, they should actually look shinier when used for some time (according to the manual). If you think my pair looks dark or not as vibrant, that is probably because I barely used them.

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #1,077 of 1,216
I think it's just the lighting though. And also, due to the special treatment that the wood received, they should actually look shinier when used for some time (according to the manual). If you think my pair looks dark or not as vibrant, that is probably because I barely used them.

Yeah it could just be the lighting making them look uneven. From what I can tell when they are new or with little use the two pieces look very even in the amount of varnish, which starts with a very dark appearance and gets lighter if handled often for a long period of time. For what it's worth, I'd say that it's a fair deal simply based on the quality that these provide, even if that particular pair has a bit more wear.

Jul 24, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #1,078 of 1,216
Well gang, it finally happened.
I had the unfortunate experience of damaging the socket on the left side of my pair when trying swap the cable. Instead of the cable dislodging, the mmcx female part came out with the cable. I tried glueing it back to the earpiece, but no sound so far. I’ll wait until the glue dries then try again tomorrow. Sigh. You never think these things can happen until well, they happen.

And as much I love listening to them and I would pay $2,000 for another pair via Crutchfield (because at least then they’ll have a warranty), I’m not in a spending mood these days.

Jul 25, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #1,080 of 1,216
Contact JVC Japan twitter driectly, they are really good at handling such cases.
I’m not in Asia, so I reached out to JVC USA via their website, provided them with my serial number, and offered to pay for out-of-warranty service. The system said that they’ll reply in 3 business days, which is some time next week.

This morning I tried listening to the FW01 and well, the sound just isn’t the same. I couldn’t even enjoy them.

Edit: got an email back from JVC USA saying a replacement/ repair isn’t possible :frowning2: So I went ahead and purchased a new pair from Crutchfield. As much as I don’t want to spend the money, there was only like two left in stock, and I love the sound of these too much to pass them up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back