Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #421 of 1,216
For my FW10000, 350hr burn in still not enough. Running balanced through wm1a at low gain at around 70 vol, may try high gain after some more burn in.

Feb 15, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #422 of 1,216
Lower the volume, try getting Eddie Van Halen to lower the volume, lol. Over-reaching generalizations imo, it depends on the iem in question. Bass lite? Mr Speakers Voce estats are not 'bass lite'.

CanJam SoCal LA was 2018, dwtn LA> CanJam SoCal 2019 will be ~50mi south in Orange County, Irvine, not LA. If you've been to a CanJam b4, you know it's not exactly the quietest listening enviro, might as well be in public transit. & what if HA-FW10000 need 300+hrs to 'burn in' like the CL2s?

https://canjamglobal.com/shows/socal2019/

not sure what this treble limit is, most ppl over 50 don't have much treble hearing above 12k...so for us, we can turn it up to level 15, like Van Halen. Turn up the volume to get impactful expansive bass, shouldn't affect treble in that manner if it is a 'balanced' tune. While you wait, I Google'd 'Final Audio Lab II' yesterday, seems there is a pair of them on a Chinese website sans cables for sale @$300 USD, ~1/20th the full set should go for. Meaning they could be counterfeit/not working, and/or stolen Lab II?

With these new customized 3D printed iems, wonder how long before we see a significant increase of counterfeit high-end iems being made in China and other countries. Rt now, you can get plenty of counterfeit 'collector' wines in China, whether it be Bordeaux, Burgundy or Aussie Penfolds G. Hermitage bttlings. I've seen online 'certificate of authenticity' for many limited high-end Chinese teas like collector pu-er or Longjing, those Certs aren't worth the paper they are printed on.
If I had a nickel for everytime someone said the CL2 are hard to drive and I have my volume maxed out, I would have a lot of nickels. I say Bass lite in comparison to say a dynamic speaker, the quad 2905s I listened to have the most natural and realistic bass I have ever heard, I will be buying a set of those speakers soon, it's just beautiful...no other words to describe it. To my ears the Cl2 does not sound bass lite either, I am used to it, It just sounds right.
Yeah the 350 hours of burn in is real pain. (It just takes that long, no way to get around it) CanJam is not the best place to listen to any iem critically, but what can you do....

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #424 of 1,216
How long burn-in until the sound noticeable matured? For me, after pass 120-150hrs mark, seem like it’s stable.

Even fresh out of the box, it’s a keeper!

Now I’m curious if there’s anything better out there...

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #425 of 1,216
How long burn-in until the sound noticeable matured? For me, after pass 120-150hrs mark, seem like it’s stable.

Even fresh out of the box, it’s a keeper!

Now I’m curious if there’s anything better out there...

It's hard to say, how large the changing of sound for different burn in method and with different equipment do varies.

For my case, burn in from unbalaned 3.5 ouput WM1A, then balanced 4.4 output (low gain) WM1A, sometimes from headphone amp, and now balanced 4.4 output (high gain), the sound keep on changing, passing 350 hrs

Feb 17, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #427 of 1,216
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #428 of 1,216
Nicely written. I agreed the content-wise a bit lacksture for the price. Nicely presented though. Balanced cable if packed together, it will be sweet deal.

On the upper mid harshness, initially I find it a bit shrill but with 10 hours burn-in and another listen, it’s tamed down. Never encounter that again since. Perhaps my tolerance (but can’t stand CL2 lol)

In term of genre pairing, it find it musical and energetic enough. Even on calm piano or smoothing song, I find hard to relax completely unlike Xelento, both on low listening volume.

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #429 of 1,216
And my FW10K review is up : The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Don’t mind the provocative title, the EX1000 is a great IEM :wink:
Good job bro , excellent review , to the point and very enjoyable to read just miss a comparison with Solaris and some other high end well known iems but i really like your reviews very easy to understand , keep it up bro .

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #430 of 1,216
Thanks for the feedback, yes I didn’t have the time to post comparisons yet, as well as source matching, I will add this later for sure :)

On the upper mid harshness, initially I find it a bit shrill but with 10 hours burn-in and another listen, it’s tamed down. Never encounter that again since. Perhaps my tolerance (but can’t stand CL2 lol) In term of genre pairing, it find it musical and energetic enough. Even on calm piano or smoothing song, I find hard to relax completely unlike Xelento, both on low listening volume.

Yes it’s nowhere near CL2 levels there, it doesn’t happen with every source and every track album, depending on the genres you listen to you might hardly come accross anything and there is personal sensitivity as well we don’t all have the same.

Yes you’re right, not the relax and laid back listen, the FW10K are engaging!

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #431 of 1,216
nice review david, thanks for that work. i have also the fw-ha10000 3 weeks at home and your impressions matches well with mine. it's the first earphone since the obravo(s) that i realy like (remind me a bit to the dx1000 which i enjoyed for a long time but better).

i realized that the small mid bass boost is only here when i listen with the wm1z, so i tune it a bit down around 62 hz (1.5-2 db). with a more powerfull desktop amp the jvc sound fine without eq. i think due the relative heavy diaphragm the bass blooms a tad when the amp has less controll over the movement of the driver. good controlled the fw-ha10000 has the second best bass for a earphone that iknow (only the obravo i have goes a bit deeper and has a tad more resolution). also the earphones scales very well up with better gear. mids are sweat and nice, highs a bit less energetic imo due the nature of the dynamic driver per se. a small tendency for harsh upper mids as described can be easy corrected with a dap like the wm1z or a warmer sounding amp (think too neutral dap/sources like hugos or dx200 are not ideal). i like the big soundstage this earphone has even if the deep of the stage is a bit limited/blurry.

any yes, no need for changing the cable, silver or silver coated cable don't worked well for me (beside the final audio junkosha cable). only a neotech gold plated copper cable was a good match but you only gain a tad of resolution and a little bit more neutral sound signature (and thus loose a bit the character of the fw-ha1000).

for the price the performance of this earphone is stunning, great to hear that dynamic drivers with this quality are still produced. for me it's a great addition to the obravo which is more neutral tuned, the jvc has a nice engaging, tad fun orientated sound. for this price it's hard to find something more musical and satisfying.

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #432 of 1,216
Good job David on your review, you have the ALO CV5, how does the FW10000 sound with tube amp. I am just curious if it will synergize well with my WA8. I put myself on the preorder list.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #433 of 1,216
@rumina, how is the FW10000 compare to the Lab II? They both have a single large DD.

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #435 of 1,216
Good job David on your review, you have the ALO CV5, how does the FW10000 sound with tube amp. I am just curious if it will synergize well with my WA8. I put myself on the preorder list.

The FW10000 sounds very good with the CV5, but I find the ALO is not that tubey sounding, it’s pretty dynamic and a tad forward with the FW10000 (for my taste) especially the upper mids. Tube rolling helps a bit but I actually prefer the iDSD Micro BL pairing, although it’s not tubes it’s smoother go figure :p

I expect WA8 would be a different story, not the same league. The JVC do benefit from headroom so a more powerful and tubey combination would probably work wonders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back