Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount!
Jul 10, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #136 of 344
ok cool, will you let me know when you have stock in and your thoughts between stock cable and the super bax. Is there much of a difference with the used $75 cable to stock? If a end up buying a super bax I will go through you luke

Now that I've had a bit more time to play with them, I find the Linum bax cable to be more detailed and more refined sounding than the stock cable. Definitely a worth while upgrade for its price, they work very well for when your listening and active they're very light and have no cable niose or interference. I'm still waiting on my 4 strand cables to arrive but custom cables seem to have a 6 week lead time. I have noticed that the 4 strand Noble stock cable has a bit more open sound than both the Linum and Aria stock cable. The best improvement I've found so far was using onkyo app and higher res music with my dragon fly DAC and even a bigger improvement in music separation and detail when using the chord mojo DAC/amp. The DF is a cheap DAC at $99 and the onkyo app is free for cd quality music and sounds much better than the in phone music player. And it's only $10 to use with higher res music. The chord amp is awesome but $600 so I'm still deciding wether to buy my local dealer I bought home audio from is loaning me it for a short time. I think they knew I'd love it and buy it.

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #137 of 344
Now that I've had a bit more time to play with them, I find the Linum bax cable to be more detailed and more refined sounding than the stock cable. Definitely a worth while upgrade for its price, they work very well for when your listening and active they're very light and have no cable niose or interference. I'm still waiting on my 4 strand cables to arrive but custom cables seem to have a 6 week lead time. I have noticed that the 4 strand Noble stock cable has a bit more open sound than both the Linum and Aria stock cable. The best improvement I've found so far was using onkyo app and higher res music with my dragon fly DAC and even a bigger improvement in music separation and detail when using the chord mojo DAC/amp. The DF is a cheap DAC at $99 and the onkyo app is free for cd quality music and sounds much better than the in phone music player. And it's only $10 to use with higher res music. The chord amp is awesome but $600 so I'm still deciding wether to buy my local dealer I bought home audio from is loaning me it for a short time. I think they knew I'd love it and buy it.
cheers for the reply dude. I actually have the chord mojo. I use it with UAPP. Am I able to stream tidal with onkyo app?

The upgraded cable sounds interesting for the benefit it gives. Cheers, I will read your thoughts on your new cable when you get it, cheers

Jul 11, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #138 of 344
cheers for the reply dude. I actually have the chord mojo. I use it with UAPP. Am I able to stream tidal with onkyo app?

The upgraded cable sounds interesting for the benefit it gives. Cheers, I will read your thoughts on your new cable when you get it, cheers

Unfortunately I can't stream live tidal with the onkyo app only down load ahead of time up to 192. Anything played through onkyo needs to be downloaded to your iTunes or app ahead of time. The mojo really is a great DAC/amp, how have you liked it so far? I originally wasn't going to spend as much and go with the peachtree shift or oppo ha2 at half the price but can't find those DAC to try and the mojo sounds great.

Jul 11, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #139 of 344
Unfortunately I can't stream live tidal with the onkyo app only down load ahead of time up to 192. Anything played through onkyo needs to be downloaded to your iTunes or app ahead of time. The mojo really is a great DAC/amp, how have you liked it so far? I originally wasn't going to spend as much and go with the peachtree shift or oppo ha2 at half the price but can't find those DAC to try and the mojo sounds great.
shame. Ye im loving the mojo with the Aria. Sound is awesome. Im new to audio and i find the changes quite slight but the mojo deffinetley adds something to the music that makes it addictive compared to just my phone. I can't articulate why i prefer it, if you get me.

From what i have read, the mojo smokes the HA2, never heard of the other one. My impression is the mojo is pretty much TOTL for portable use from my research and discussions with people on here.

A cable upgrade is the last upgrade to squeeze the most sound out of the Aria for me.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #140 of 344
shame. Ye im loving the mojo with the Aria. Sound is awesome. Im new to audio and i find the changes quite slight but the mojo deffinetley adds something to the music that makes it addictive compared to just my phone. I can't articulate why i prefer it, if you get me.

From what i have read, the mojo smokes the HA2, never heard of the other one. My impression is the mojo is pretty much TOTL for portable use from my research and discussions with people on here.
A cable upgrade is the last upgrade to squeeze the most sound out of the Aria for me.

Decided to keep the mojo, it really is amazing even compared to the Sony which is almost double the price.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #141 of 344
Decided to keep the mojo, it really is amazing even compared to the Sony which is almost double the price.
that's cool, well done. Ye I noticed tonight when i was walking to the gym without my mojo. The music out of my phone, whilst very good sounding with the Aria, just lacked something... I can't say exactly what, maybe some life? Glad your loving the combo

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #142 of 344
rpNMXzz.jpg

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #144 of 344
Howdy people! So where are we on the Tour? Or more like, where is Aria on her Tour?

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #146 of 344
Woops, sorry. I just added my information! 

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #148 of 344
  hows the impressions coming along?  looking forward to see comparisons.

Think the tour has yet to commence officially so the impressions from the tour will be a little wait. From current owners though its a different story. However, check up @Luke Pighetti to get the exact lowdown on the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back