Vesper audio custom earpads impressions thread
May 17, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #61 of 98
I just posted on the Denon AH-D5200 and Monoprice M1060C threads, but wanted to share that I had a great experience upgrading those headphones as regards both comfort and sound. Besides pads, Vesper made a perfect headband wrap for the Denon's and fantastic angled leather pads for my Monoprice headphones. I've attached pic's.

Now I'm tempted to get upgraded pads for my Stax L700's though I definitely don't need them. I'll probably wait for the current pads to wear out. For those that have gotten Stax Pads from Vesper - do they come with the plastic adapter? Or do you have to remove the plastic adapters from your current pads and swap?

Attachments

• Denon1.jpg
    Denon1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 0
  • M1060C1.jpg
    M1060C1.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 0
May 17, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #62 of 98
I just posted on the Denon AH-D5200 and Monoprice M1060C threads, but wanted to share that I had a great experience upgrading those headphones as regards both comfort and sound. Besides pads, Vesper made a perfect headband wrap for the Denon's and fantastic angled leather pads for my Monoprice headphones. I've attached pic's.

Now I'm tempted to get upgraded pads for my Stax L700's though I definitely don't need them. I'll probably wait for the current pads to wear out. For those that have gotten Stax Pads from Vesper - do they come with the plastic adapter? Or do you have to remove the plastic adapters from your current pads and swap?
Ooh…. I wonder if @Vesperaudio can make a headband wrap for the Drop Panda.

Edit: also ear pads for the new AirPods Max (APM). I know some people have asked about aftermarket pads in the APM thread.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #63 of 98
You have to change adapters

May 18, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #65 of 98
May 18, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #66 of 98
Thanks. How difficult is it? Is there a chance I can break clips?

Oddly enough, I've never swapped pads on any of my Stax headphones.
It all depends on how flexible the leather is. I had a nightmare fitting mine; damaged a couple of clips in the process, trying to follow the recommended method of fitting them; ended up doing some major surgery, so mine are actually stuck on with double-sided tape. Having said that, they're a really nice pad and they improved the comfort of my L700 mkII in a big way.

May 19, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #67 of 98
Edit: also ear pads for the new AirPods Max (APM). I know some people have asked about aftermarket pads in the APM thread.
We are currently not offering such pads, unless you are ready for experiments)
Ooh…. I wonder if @Vesperaudio can make a headband wrap for the Drop Panda.
Yes, it is possible.

May 29, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #68 of 98
May 31, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #69 of 98
Placed an order today with Vesperaudio (Over the Ear design), pretty excited on how they will feel and sound on my AT ES10's...
Thx Vesper!

Jul 31, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #72 of 98
Just wanted to thank the folks at Vesper Audio for making a superb pair of replacement earpads for my V-Moda XS. V-Moda's black replacements are sold out and they said they don't plan to bring it back in stock. So after some increasingly desperate Googling I came across a reddit thread on this very issue, and someone had recommended VA for their custom earpads. An enquiry and many questions later, we settled on whole grain leather and memory foam in British racing green. They are plush and super-comfortable - much better than the originals which used to get uncomfortable after a while - and really well-made. Thanks again - you gave my headphones a new lease of life. Listening to Guy J's remix of Perpetual by Echomen as I write this, and dedicating it to you.

PS - unfortunately this is my very first post on Head-Fi, so I cannot post a pic!

Aug 20, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #73 of 98
Placed an order today with Vesperaudio (Over the Ear design), pretty excited on how they will feel and sound on my AT ES10's...
Thx Vesper!
Here is an update (my apologies, somewhat delayed). The over the ear pads and headband in perforated black leather. Incredible quality, comfort, and looks! Thx Vesperaudio! Well worth the wait.

Attachments

• 635EDF76-5C42-45AB-AD81-0F9C57BC6CBC.jpeg
    635EDF76-5C42-45AB-AD81-0F9C57BC6CBC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 0E4D3D84-7B7A-4180-B734-EDA3AEDAB49C.jpeg
    0E4D3D84-7B7A-4180-B734-EDA3AEDAB49C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #74 of 98
I ordered whole-grain leather pads for my AKG K240 sextett mid September which came in yesterday.
IMG_20211016_142733_hdr~2.jpg

These pads feel like 2 proper pillows on your head and fit very snug on the headphones. I mistakenly didn't pre-stretch the flange which tore as result (ouch!) Fixed it myself with some elastic band but for other customers please take care and read the site: https://vesperaudio.com/conditions (see #3).
IMG_20211016_142748_hdr~2.jpg

I'm very happy with the outcome. These old AKGs never felt better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back