Very Short DT250-80 vs HD590 comparison.. HD600 info needed
Sep 6, 2002 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GTecX

100+ Head-Fier
Source: Turtle beach santa cruz

I currently have in my possession Beyer DT250-80's and Senn HD590's. Below, I provided my opinions of the headphones in three different areas, and I'd like to get some info about the HD600's paired up with a Corda Headamp-1.

Gaming:
Probably because of them being closed, the DT250-80's provided better enemy positioning than the HD590's in my opinion for Quake3 & Counter-strike. Although the HD590's did provide good enemy positioning, the DT250-80's provided a more accurate position of the enemy in my opinion. In this area, I'm thinking the HD600's would be similar to HD590's. Am I correct?

Movies/DVDs:
I prefer the HD590's over the DT250-80's for movie watching. With PowerDVD and the dolby headphone option. I found that the HD590's seemed more lively. How would the HD600 setup compare to the HD590's in this area?

Music:
For the music I listen to (trance/rock/r&b/rap), I found the DT250-80's to be more enjoyable mainly because the HD590's were too bright, and the puncy bass from the DT250-80's is great. How would the HD600 setup compare with these 2 headphones in the bass area?

One final question: would the HD600 setup reveal more errors than the HD590's?

Sep 6, 2002 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, if I listen to any rap at all whatsoever, I wouldn't use any of the so-called "good" headphones at all. The problem here is that no headphone can reproduce that slammin' bass that rap music needs without gross distortion, even at moderately low SPLs. So, if that's the case, I'd probably go for a *cough* *gag* *choke* cheap, $20 pair of closed headphones just for listening to rap, however crappy-sounding.

Sep 6, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Well . . . I listen to rap/funk and I use the same headphones I use to listen to everything else. I'm best off on the bass using the Grado 325s at home, and the Koss 35s or Grado 80s on the road. I just purchased some Senn HD600+c and they would be fine too if you like that laid back sort of thing.

Just makes sense to me that if you like bass and you like it good and tight not sloppy - that a $20 headphone isn't going to do it right. Just my opinion. YMMV.

Sep 7, 2002 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 5
GTecx,

What are you using for an amp?

In my opinion the bass on the 590's and 600's is nearly identical. It is tighter and more distinct on the 590's while many feel there is a mid-bass hump in the 600's that make them sound like they have more bass. Some criticize this slight hump. Myself, I hink they are both comparable in this area.

If you think the 590's are bright you may truly enjoy the 600's because they may be similar at the bottom end but at the top the 600's are noticeably less bright.

In truth though, before I did anything I would get a decent amp if you do not already have one.

Best
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back