Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #1,463 of 1,486
I was actually thinking of making a whole video on Garuspik and exposing him - I thoughtfully chose not to, it was the responsible thing to do. Either way, I am happy to see that he is banned, because I never saw an unprofessional business owner like Garuspik. Business is business, the goal is to sell something. One thing in business that you must follow is that you never take it personally. This means that you shouldn't say what you think, especially if it is offensive. Garuspik is a very immature person, and his business will die because of this. Being the racist and nationalist awful person that he is, will lead him to nowhere. He is the worst representation of a Slavic person, and unfortunately many people like him exist in the Slavic nationality (I myself am from Serbia, so I do fall under Slavic population, but I am somebody who is always respectful and polite)

I was very hesitant to contact @jude and report his nationalistic comments to me here on Head-Fi. He was a very bad representation of Head-Fi and @jude himself - he said to me "One word against me - and you'll be thrown away. MOT's thay pay on head-fi have some priveleges :relieved: " and "You, stupid serb :D". This is the exact thing that I wanted to report to Jude, I am sure Jude doesn't support this type of behavior because it gives the worst possible image of him, and he is the owner of Head-Fi. Jude being a business owner, he would definitely not want to have a racist and nationalist person who is representing him & his platform, even worse speaking upon privileges.. almost saying that we - the normal respectful users of Head-Fi are some type of peasants because we don't pay or are sponsors of Head-Fi. I am happy that he is gone, he was just a very toxic person. Disrespect, racism, nationalism, and offensive comments are not the way to maintain a professional look for a company, but it seems that Verum Audio is everything but a company. What a waste of potential.

Stay respectful, stay polite. Even when somebody is offensive to you, take the responsibility and don't be the same person like the one who is being unprofessional. I always remained calm, respectful, and professional, even when he said some horrible offensive comments to me. I always stay out of trouble, so I am glad that I didn't even have to get involved. He got what he deserved. Consequences - your responsibility.

But don't judge, you never know what he went through, his background, etc. Maybe he needs help, maybe he was abused. Those are personal subjects, either way, I hope he changes for the good. It's never too late for change :wink: But his behaviors was unacceptable for a platform such as Head-Fi, thus he had to be gone

Be polite everybody, enjoy music!

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #1,464 of 1,486
What I find curious is that his racist and homophobic antics contradict the positive image I get of him regarding his business philosophy, selling products with the smallest profit margin as possible. Usually these are people with a leftist/liberal view of the world, a view I have myself. That said, I'm not that political correct when it comes to freedom of speech. I'm not easily offended and I generally think people can say whatever they want, unless they are calling out for violence, there I draw the line. The current social justice climate that reigns in the US, Canada and which is starting to take form in the Netherlands I find suffocating and annoying as hell.
So, to be honest I am not that sure what to think about this ban. Was he warned? Did he get a second chance? Did he mean what he said?

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #1,465 of 1,486
What I find curious is that his racist and homophobic antics contradict the positive image I get of him regarding his business philosophy, selling products with the smallest profit margin as possible. Usually these are people with a leftist/liberal view of the world, a view I have myself. That said, I'm not that political correct when it comes to freedom of speech. I'm not easily offended and I generally think people can say whatever they want, unless they are calling out for violence, there I draw the line. The current social justice climate that reigns in the US, Canada and which is starting to take form in the Netherlands I find suffocating and annoying as hell.
So, to be honest I am not that sure what to think about this ban. Was he warned? Did he get a second chance? Did he mean what he said?
I agree with you, I myself also don't personally agree with how it is in the US, but it doesn't affect those who view things like that. I am very closed when it comes to personal opinion, there is no need to express it - personal = it's about me/you (not others). I don't care what others do or whatever, but I do have personal preference, stuff I agree with/ don't agree with. That's okay, but don't express it publicly because you are going to get squashed and smashed. There is no need to discuss political view publicly, I think there is a line where some "freedom" starts being crazy and insane, but it's personal opinion. If it crosses my path, I will take action, I have no intention on changing peoples opinion, but if it affects me, then I care. I prefer not to get into the controversy, but if you justify Goruspiks actions on Head-Fi, then you just do not understand how business works. It will hurt Jude's business, no sponsor or serious company wants to take part of a controversial platform that goes against somebodies rights - especially racism, nationalism, or giving offensive comments. You are allowed to judge, but keep it to yourself, once you cross that line, you face the consequences.

I mean, is his racism and nationalism explained/justified? No. Cannot be. This gut is Slavic himself and decided to insult me though I didn't show a single sign of disrespect. Cmon, if you don't like a certain race - that's your thing. Don't show it publicly, it's your opinion.

He got more than a second chance, look at his posts on Science Review forum, he shows no regret. He considers that acceptable, perhaps "trolling" or a little fun. He doesn't mean any serious apology, and a forum is a business. You have no right to disrespect other members. He did this more than once, he is ignorant, unprofessional, awful business owner.

If you were a business owner, would you like to have somebody disrespecting your customers? Would you give them a second chance? Look at it from the business perspective. There is no second chance deserved. Simple as that. Jude doesn't want to risk his business that he built for years, nobody should risk their hard built business because of a ignorant person who doesn't understand the simple concept of business and being a human, especially expressing yourself publicly.

I lived in the Netherlands for 4 years, it's definitely starting to look like the US, but that's okay. Does it affect you? It shouldn't, and I don't think it can, unless you come face to face with a person you disagree with. Just live your life, let others live their life. It shouldn't be that big of a problem. What is a problem is when you are trying to change somebody else's life because you don't agree with it or accept it. It's not your life, so move on.

There are rules that you must obey, especially in business. Don't forget that!

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #1,468 of 1,486
Did he mean what he said?

Even if he didn't mean what he said is not very relevant. Once those sentiments roll from the lips an extremely sensitive line is crossed to say the least.

Was he warned? Did he get a second chance?

The fact staff remains silent is what keeps Head-Fi from being a great transparently run forum IMO. Just weird to ban a MoT and remove/lock his profile without a single word..

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #1,469 of 1,486
The fact staff remains silent is what keeps Head-Fi from being a great transparently run forum IMO. Just weird to ban a MoT and remove/lock his profile without a single word..

He must've gotten a private communication from the team I guess.
Besides I think, it was right on the forums part to not publicly acknowledge any of his comments. Such behaviour is condemnable and there is no room for any explanations whatsoever after such things have been said on a global public platform.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #1,470 of 1,486
I disagree :relieved: First because in this thread I've seen no evidence of said behaviour not accounting for what @voja said. Second, I would expect staff to devote a few words on the obvious position they're taking in the light of today's world climate. A statement and powerful signal vs a messy action against a MoT formerly welcomed by them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back