Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #766 of 1,486
I am glad you got your headphone. Just a bit over 6 week now and still waiting for the tracking waybill.
Was going to get schitt lyr 3 (Multibit DAC Module and tung-sol) or should I save a bit more money and get chord hugo2 ?
Has anyone try out the verum one with chord hugo2?

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #767 of 1,486
I was told my silver carbon pair that I ordered mid-February is going to ship in 2-3 weeks. But I won’t be surprised nor terribly disappointed if the ship date continues to slip... it’s just the nature of purchasing from such a small operation.

FYI, I received my carbon silver verum's today. I ordered them mid-Feb. I had requested a change of address since they were shipping much later than the original ETA, and I received an email acknowledgement of my request; however, it was still shipped to the original address.

Jul 26, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #768 of 1,486
Excelent review. I am debating between this or Focal Elex (way more expensive though)
You say they don't leak at much sound as Sundara (HD800 levels). Do you think the level of leakage is more akin to the still open but more discrete HD600 and Fidelio X2?

My In-Depth Review of Verum One is live now!! :)

This is an amazing headphone, especially if you're looking for something musical, lush, and at a very pocket-friendly price.

Some magical photos in the review as well!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...-1-one-planar-magnetic-headphones-review.html

Verum-One-Planar-Headphones-Ukraine-Verum1-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-35.jpg

Jul 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #770 of 1,486
I am debating between this or Focal Elex (way more expensive though)
Not sure if I am helping or not... I own both...
Comfort: Elex wins!
Sound: Elex IMHO is more detailed and refined, Verum is more aggressive and powerful. So, it is a matter of personal taste or mood.
Value: Verum wins, obviously...

Jul 27, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #771 of 1,486
Not sure if I am helping or not... I own both...
Comfort: Elex wins!
Sound: Elex IMHO is more detailed and refined, Verum is more aggressive and powerful. So, it is a matter of personal taste or mood.
Value: Verum wins, obviously...

1 area i think the verum really beats the elex IMHO is Timbre. It just sounds so big and realistic sometimes.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #772 of 1,486
Thanks for the measurements! Can I make a suggestion? When you do comparisons use the average of the L/R channels so that there are just two lines on the graph. I'm having a hard time following some of those...
Alright thanks for the tip cskippy! I've updated my measurements per your suggestion.

I plan to do the Fuzzor mod on my Verum in the future. Right now it's on the way back to Garuspik because I accidentally damaged the drivers (totally my own fault).

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #773 of 1,486
Excelent review. I am debating between this or Focal Elex (way more expensive though)
You say they don't leak at much sound as Sundara (HD800 levels). Do you think the level of leakage is more akin to the still open but more discrete HD600 and Fidelio X2?

I have not hear Elex I think

Yes, leakage is lower than Sundy, more like a HD600 or even a bit lower :)

Jul 30, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #774 of 1,486
fk0VoNi.jpg

Got these about 2 months now through Kickstarter.

The included cable is nice and partly braided, but the balanced cable I ordered before on Ebay is much higher quality. I wasn't planning to use single-ended anyway, and my FiiO X7II has enough power to drive these cans.

I had no idea what to expect regarding planar magnetics, but so far I'm impressed!

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #775 of 1,486
the balanced cable I ordered before on Ebay is much higher quality.
Which cable is it? Does the seller have more on eBay?

Jul 31, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #777 of 1,486
I bought the cable from a seller on Ebay called the_sound_transporter, but it seems he currently has no items for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/the_sound_transporter

Here's the description from Ebay:

- Balanced cable for Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE350/HE35X/HE400, Oppo PM1, Monolith M1060.V2/M1060C

- 8 core OCC copper cable, 1.5 meters length, gold plated 2.5 mm connectors. Cable can be fitted with 4pin XLR , 1/4 inch, 2.5MM 4-POLE, 3.5MM 3or 4 pole and 4.4MM PENTACON

Hope that helps.

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #778 of 1,486
Speaking of cables, I was looking for a not-too expensive replacement on AliExpress and I bought the first one that looked decent - turns out it's pretty much the same thing that the first V1 units used to ship with. :laughing: I can see it in Ken Rockwell's review, just that mine is branded "Poyatu".

Findings:
- relatively high resistance, 0.6 ohms per plug-to-plug connection
- small channel imbalance (L signal wire has 0.6 ohms, R has 0.9 ohms)
- "Y"-shaped ground wiring with unnecessary common ground resistance over 1.5m of the cable (the shoelace-like braided part), causing unnecessary crosstalk
- on listening with the 400i vs. the HiFiMan stock cable I can't hear a difference (but I haven't specifically looked for a worst-case track with extreme left-right sound placement, and then the 400i is also more immune to cable crosstalk because of its higher driver impedance).

Seems good enough on first inspection, I can see why Garuspik would choose this cable based on a low-cost philosophy. At the very least this extra one I got will be good to have when re-selling my 400i. :slight_smile:

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #779 of 1,486
I bought the cable from a seller on Ebay called the_sound_transporter, but it seems he currently has no items for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/the_sound_transporter

Here's the description from Ebay:

- Balanced cable for Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE350/HE35X/HE400, Oppo PM1, Monolith M1060.V2/M1060C

- 8 core OCC copper cable, 1.5 meters length, gold plated 2.5 mm connectors. Cable can be fitted with 4pin XLR , 1/4 inch, 2.5MM 4-POLE, 3.5MM 3or 4 pole and 4.4MM PENTACON

Hope that helps.
Hopefully, a cheap good looking and good sounding replacement will be found by the community from a seller on AliExpress / Amazon / eBay that can sell more than a couple :wink:
I personally love the look of braided cables, and admit I want one for the Verum for looks (not for improving the sound)...

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #780 of 1,486
I was looking through the thread and didn't see anything related to orders as recent as mine although at this point it has been almost 4 months. I've tried to be patient and I understand the delays, but at this point I'm just trying to get a current estimate for the delivery of my carbon fiber order on April 5th. It has been 4 months and I ordered from the site not from KickStarter. I hadn't originally anticipated a longer wait than the 6 weeks it stated at time of purchase. I have had no replies from inquiries for quite some time from the site email either which is why I'm posting here hoping to get the creator's attention. I hope nobody finds this post offensive or out of place, but I would really like an update I didn't know another way to get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back