Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #721 of 1,486
Can anyone here tell me how the Verum One compares to say, the Audeze Sine DX or the Fostex T60rp? The DX is the one I own, and I love the sound with over-the-ear earpads. But I've considering possibly trading / selling the DX for either the Verum or the T60rp. I've heard the One sounds quite a bit like the LCD2 in a lot of ways, and I figure I'd probably love that sound. I also really like the way the T60rp looks, and that it's ready for balanced and is extremely moddable. I'd love to hear anyone's opinions on these three!

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #722 of 1,486
I haven't heard the Sine DX but I wouldn't personally stay for away from any Fostex that's not a TH or TX series. T50RP and successors are great for modding but the driver is simply limited in performance compared to other headphones in it's price bracket like TH-X00, HD6XX/600, Verum 1. If you really want a headphone to mod, I would get a T50rp and save the $150.

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #724 of 1,486
I'm looking for a hard case for the Verums... Does anyone have a good recommendation?? I've been looking at monoprice and I see some really great cases but I just don't know what size to buy... Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Check out post # 525 in this thread!

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #725 of 1,486
Can anyone here tell me how the Verum One compares to say, the Audeze Sine DX or the Fostex T60rp? The DX is the one I own, and I love the sound with over-the-ear earpads. But I've considering possibly trading / selling the DX for either the Verum or the T60rp. I've heard the One sounds quite a bit like the LCD2 in a lot of ways, and I figure I'd probably love that sound. I also really like the way the T60rp looks, and that it's ready for balanced and is extremely moddable. I'd love to hear anyone's opinions on these three!

I auditioned the Sine closed about 4 years ago and thought it sounded pretty good, though not on par with Audeze’s over ear and in ear offerings, That said it wasn’t the DX and anyway it’s been too long ago to give a meaningful comparison with the Verum One. I’ve never heard the T60RP, but I have heard the LCD-2 fairly recently. Going by memory, the LCD-2 was less detailed, less airy, a little warmer, and to my ears close enough to the Verum that personal preference may pull you one way or the other, though for me I prefer the Verums for the detail and air.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #726 of 1,486
My review is up.

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #727 of 1,486
Thanks for review. I feel I need to answer on some critics on this video:
1) cable is very basic indeed and clients are welcome to use better cable. That's a simple oem cable that does it job.
2) there is no chance that screw from cup will unscrew. There is no glue there on purpose - to remove cup easily if needed.

All technical issues like imbalance are in the past and all later batches are problem-free as as a sample of Currawong.

Jun 28, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #728 of 1,486
@Garuspik
Do you have any new information on how the deliveries are going? Those of us who didn't order through Kickstarter are kind of in the dark here. Even vague hints about month of ordering would help, like "we just shipped out the first pairs ordered on the website in March" or something like that. It's really frustrating to not hear anything at all once the ~6 weeks estimation has passed - waiting for months to get the actual delivery isn't even a big deal, it's not knowing anything about the progress (if the day is getting closer and some hint on how much closer) that's really the hard part to live with here. : ))

Jun 28, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #729 of 1,486
Surely questions about your order would be best handled via email rather than the impressions forum. Just creates clutter. The last things my wants is going through 100’s of post that don’t involve their experience with the headphone it keeps the S/N low.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #730 of 1,486
According to my calculations :) it's easier to give a single general hint of progress in a forum, like "we started shipping April orders today" than answering 100 different e-mails asking roughly the same thing in different ways. I don't think exact delivery dates can be estimated for any single order anyway, due to how these units are being produced in color batches, so periodic approximate updates via forum should be the more economic way to communicate progress rather than answering multiple e-mails.

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #732 of 1,486
How does Verum Compare to Hifiman Sundara?
more natural, smoother less bright and full bodied than the Sundara. Micro detail and resolution better on Verum too.

Jun 28, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #733 of 1,486
@Garuspik
Do you have any new information on how the deliveries are going? Those of us who didn't order through Kickstarter are kind of in the dark here. Even vague hints about month of ordering would help, like "we just shipped out the first pairs ordered on the website in March" or something like that. It's really frustrating to not hear anything at all once the ~6 weeks estimation has passed - waiting for months to get the actual delivery isn't even a big deal, it's not knowing anything about the progress (if the day is getting closer and some hint on how much closer) that's really the hard part to live with here. : ))

I was told my silver carbon pair that I ordered mid-February is going to ship in 2-3 weeks. But I won’t be surprised nor terribly disappointed if the ship date continues to slip... it’s just the nature of purchasing from such a small operation.

Jun 28, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #734 of 1,486
When I get the Verums positioned perfectly on my head I feel they sound amazingly balanced and disappear on my head Soo much so that I have to watch out about bumping them against things around the house because I get this feeling that I'm listening to speakers and I tend to forget I'm wearing very big headphones and yes they are big and very steampunk retro looking but I love the look... I'm powering them off the ES100 balanced output and 2x high voltage and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #735 of 1,486
I haven't heard the Sine DX but I wouldn't personally stay for away from any Fostex that's not a TH or TX series. T50RP and successors are great for modding but the driver is simply limited in performance compared to other headphones in it's price bracket like TH-X00, HD6XX/600, Verum 1. If you really want a headphone to mod, I would get a T50rp and save the $150.

I totally disagree the RP is the best driver that money can buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back