Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #632 of 1,486
I'm using the Brainwavz XL Micro Suede pads with the Verum One, they are a little bigger than the stock ones but the comfort is better and the sound doesn't change much.
Nice. What changes to the sound did you notice? Even if it was very little... I'm curious which pads you guys prefer and why. I may have to get a smoother sounding pair but I will have to wait for my new amp to arrive before deciding.

May 29, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #633 of 1,486
I have a question if the price 350$ already include shipping or the shipping cost is vary depending on where the headphones are send ?

Shipping was included in the price of $360 for me. No additional cost. And that's international shipping.

Edit: It was $350, not $360.

I placed my order from his website.

Has anyone paired this with the JDS Atom amp yet? If so, how does it sound?

If you have yet to see it. Some pages back @yavormoskov did. Here's what he said about it.

Alright guys. Some pictures of the Verums plus the case for them. I really like the sound of the headphones coming from the Mojo. For some reason the Burson Fun is a total overkill for these headphones. I barely turn the volume knob on the amp and is already too loud and there is something about the sound that is very annoying. I know, I know I can't describe all that I hear in more technical terms....let't just go with annoying. At the same time every other headphone I have, starting with Audio-Technica MSR7 to Audeze Sine or Sennheiser 660s is driven perfectly, without any weird frequency change, by the Burson Fun amp with Topping D50. My sensitive IEMs are driven perfectly by the Fun but not the Verums. There is no gain switch on the Burson and I guess the output impedance is too much for the Verums. Bad combo for sure.
I borrowed my neighbor's JDS labs Atom for 1 hour and connected the same Topping D50 dac and entered the gates of paradise. On low gain everything was sparkly, tight, engaging and very enjoyable experience. With the Mojo is a little different. The sound is still great but the top end was a little bit too polite for my taste, very little. But the bass quantity and quality was even better than the JDS/Topping combo. I am thinking now I have to save money for a different amp. Probably will reduce the morning donuts to save money for a new amp that can drive them better. Either The JDS labs Atom or Rupert Neve RNHP. I wonder how will sound with the Khadas tone board but no money right now :)
You can see on the pictures I found a case for the Verums. Dust proof and waterproof. The smaller size was perfect but it was not deep enough and could not close the lid so had to size up. It is a little big but will do the trick.
I am greatly displeased with the cable. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fine, nothing wrongs with the sound (except for the cheap 1/4 inch adapter but I solved it with Furutech adapter). But the quality of the cable screams cheap from miles. As soon as I can with replace it (God bless credit cards).
Enjoy the photos.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #634 of 1,486
Shipping was included in the price of $360 for me. No additional cost. And that's international shipping.
I placed my order from his website.

Yes, @Garuspik told me that the listed price includes shipping, so we are all getting a great deal on this adopting this new product.

May 29, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #635 of 1,486
May 29, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #636 of 1,486
Hello all! Pulling together the various comments on measurements I have created a draft Verum 1 overview document in PDF and PNG format.

@Garuspik, is it ok to use this altered version of your photo in a public domain release of this draft document?
@cskippy, is it ok to include your measurements in a public domain release of this draft document?
Verum-One-Measurements.png

I am thinking to credit as follows:
This is a collaboration from the Head-Fi community
Verum 1 photo by @Garuspik
Measurements by @elira and @rendyG
Analysis by @cskippy
Discussion inspired by @D3athbySp0rk
Image editing and layout by @shanecoughlan

How I created this document:

Our measurements
Height (red)
Width (green)
Depth (blue)

Report by @elira
Red: 9 1/2" (24.13cm)
Blue: 5 1/2" (13.97cm)
Green: 7" (17.78cm)

Report by @rendyG
Red 24cm (24.13)
Blue 13.7cm (13.97)
Green 17.5cm (17.78)

Averaging up:
Height (red) 24.15 cm
Width (green) 17.8 cm
Depth (blue) 14 cm

Original version created via InDesign. All source files will be released once @Garuspik and @cskippy confirm they are happy.

Edit: measurement inversion fixed.

Attachments

• Verum-One-Measurements.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #640 of 1,486
Hello all! Pulling together the various comments on measurements I have created a draft Verum 1 overview document in PDF and PNG format.

@Garuspik, is it ok to use this altered version of your photo in a public domain release of this draft document?
@cskippy, is it ok to include your measurements in a public domain release of this draft document?

I am thinking to credit as follows:
This is a collaboration from the Head-Fi community
Verum 1 photo by @Garuspik
Measurements by @elira and @rendyG
Analysis by @cskippy
Discussion inspired by @D3athbySp0rk
Image editing and layout by @shanecoughlan

How I created this document:

Our measurements
Height (red)
Width (green)
Depth (blue)

Report by @elira
Red: 9 1/2" (24.13cm)
Blue: 5 1/2" (13.97cm)
Green: 7" (17.78cm)

Report by @rendyG
Red 24cm (24.13)
Blue 13.7cm (13.97)
Green 17.5cm (17.78)

Averaging up:
Height (red) 24.15 cm
Width (green) 14 cm
Depth (blue) 17.8 cm

Original version created via InDesign. All source files will be released once @Garuspik and @cskippy confirm they are happy.
I think something is wrong with the green and blue... They are like reversed I think??

May 29, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #642 of 1,486

Attachments

• Verum-One-Measurements.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #644 of 1,486
I will contribute my measurements to this when I get the chance

Wonderful! The more the better. We currently have a baseline averaging up a tad. When we get more measurements we can get more accurate.

May 30, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #645 of 1,486
Those look like outdated distortion plots BTW - the midrange distortion issue has been fixed since about June 2018 if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back