Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #571 of 1,486
I know this is off topic but let me share something. I work in the nutrition supplements industry and I see every day how the big companies are dodging responsibilities, or polluting the earth, or bribing officials for contracts for the military, etc. My point is that the foundation for a stable democracy and a prosperous society is dependent on small businesses and the middle class, not on handful big corporations for whom you-are-just-an-order-number approach to customers . What is why it is of paramount importance to support small businesses like Verum Audio and unique small batch products such as the Verum 1 headphones or even your local hometown farmer. You get the point :)

As you are saying...
Freedom begins and ends with "choice", with choices, and if we help fund small businesses, we are actually funding more choices for ourselves, = more personal freedom.

May 17, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #572 of 1,486
So true lol. Wasnt expecting the hd650 to scale ahead of the other cans.

I was listening to large drums last night out of the hd650. The realism is unbelievable. I can hear the detail and tonality of the drum. It is probably the most realistic drum I've ever heard. Just few days ago, I still thought HD650's weakness is in the bass.

The Verum is still more impactful though.

What amp are you using with the HD 650?

And what amp for the Verum 1?

You might have said earlier in this thread but I've not found that searching for a particular user's posts in a particular thread (not one or the other but both filters) to be very easy...

May 17, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #573 of 1,486
After an easy, reversible, and external, mod that even my grandmother can perform,

I was able to fix all minor problems that bothered some users and to make the Verum the sweatiest most engaging headphone I ever heard and at the same time I enlarged the sound stage and added full fledged body to the notes just like in my "ring" modified Smeggy Thunderpants.

Now the Verum becomes my one and only endgame.

God bless you @Garuspik !

May 17, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #574 of 1,486
After an easy, reversible, and external, mod that even my grandmother can perform,

I was able to fix all minor problems that bothered some users and to make the Verum the sweatiest most engaging headphone I ever heard and at the same time I enlarged the sound stage and added full fledged body to the notes just like in my "ring" modified Smeggy Thunderpants.

Any chance we could get some details on this mod?

May 17, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #575 of 1,486

Please provide us with instructions how to improve the Verums even more. And thank you in advance :)

May 18, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #576 of 1,486
Please provide us with instructions how to improve the Verums even more. And thank you in advance :)

Verum 1's are perfectly tuned by their inventor.

Our group's mods are entirely experimental and rely heavily
on additional tuning by a number of sophisticated mixing and mastering software,
some which include Sonarwarks,Tone Boosters Audio Alchemy, Variety of Sound, Tokyo Labs and and Acoustica.

Be patient and I suspect you will see all that in Verum 2 along with an upgrade kit for Verum 1 owners,
and don't be surprised to see a closed version of Verum.

You all have an unforgettable weekend!

May 19, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #577 of 1,486
@Garuspik Am I correct in understanding that you are still shipping Verum 1s from Kickstarter? Or is the shipping done for the KS orders? I ask because the last update I heard, there were still some carbon+silver to be shipped (which was my order), but I have read some people say they got the Verums without a tracking number being sent first. I was out of my home for 7 weeks for work, I thought I would have them by now, but I have not received them - or they have been lost or stolen (I hope not).

May 20, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #578 of 1,486
The earpads are leaving a stain on my skin after a decent session. I tried to "clean" them (already tried this a few weeks back) with some slightly moist babyskin friendly tissue but it happens again.
The tissue doesn't even show stains or signs yet my skin does.

Anybody else got this problem?

May 21, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #579 of 1,486
The earpads are leaving a stain on my skin after a decent session. I tried to "clean" them (already tried this a few weeks back) with some slightly moist babyskin friendly tissue but it happens again.
The tissue doesn't even show stains or signs yet my skin does.

Anybody else got this problem?
At least I don’t have this issue. My air conditioning is broken right now and the Verums are wet because of me and no....no stains on my skin after many hours.

May 21, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #580 of 1,486
I joined this forum relatively late compared to many of you. The last two days my headphones developed an unexpected issue and maybe some of you have it or know how to solve it. It started when I noticed that the left side is quieter than the right side. Initially I thought it is my amplifier but when I tried 5-6 other headphones, I was convinced it is not that. After that it became a lot more quiet. I realized that something is wrong. Unintentionally I tapped on the left cup while checking the connections. The balance was restored as it was before. I thought it was the jack or the cable but today it was almost no sound at all in the left cup, so I tapped 2-3 times on the left cup grill and the sound is completely restored. Do you know what caused it and how to fix it myself? I don't want to deal with long and very expensive shipping to Ukraine from USA and to wait. I want to enjoy the headphones now. If you experienced it, please share your solution. Thanks.

May 21, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #581 of 1,486
I joined this forum relatively late compared to many of you. The last two days my headphones developed an unexpected issue and maybe some of you have it or know how to solve it. It started when I noticed that the left side is quieter than the right side. Initially I thought it is my amplifier but when I tried 5-6 other headphones, I was convinced it is not that. After that it became a lot more quiet. I realized that something is wrong. Unintentionally I tapped on the left cup while checking the connections. The balance was restored as it was before. I thought it was the jack or the cable but today it was almost no sound at all in the left cup, so I tapped 2-3 times on the left cup grill and the sound is completely restored. Do you know what caused it and how to fix it myself? I don't want to deal with long and very expensive shipping to Ukraine from USA and to wait. I want to enjoy the headphones now. If you experienced it, please share your solution. Thanks.

I believe this is an issue that has occurred before. @Garuspik addressed it in some earlier batches. I have included him in this conversation so he can comment and suggest ways to fix it.

May 21, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #582 of 1,486

I believe this is an issue that has occurred before. @Garuspik addressed it in some earlier batches. I have included him in this conversation so he can comment and suggest ways to fix it.

@yavormoskov @shanecoughlan is correct this issue was discussed before and @Garuspik fixed the issue for the other member @allaces305
This was back on page 28 post 414

521F664A-8525-4EB9-A47D-72863E2FF8FB.png75023806-CE84-47E3-ABC0-1F9910C7FC0D.png

May 22, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #583 of 1,486
@yavormoskov - sorry to hear about your problems, but to fix everything once and for all you'll need to ship headphones (or at least cups) back to me. I've already sent you a PM. Shipping back of whole headphones via USPS takes about 2-3 weeks and cost about 35$. Shipping only cups ~20$

May 22, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #585 of 1,486
The problem cause: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ver...mance-diy-planar.887175/page-29#post-14930188
The temporary quick fix: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ver...mance-diy-planar.887175/page-30#post-14930722

2% of the first batch and ZERO complaints on the last batch? God bless the plastic exhaustion of the magnets holder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back