1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cskippy, Aug 22, 2018.
First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last
  1. kintsaki
    This is the law. Not even manufactured (not just DIY) products are exempt from paying tax on full list price upon returning with official RMA (return material authorization for repair) papers, and this is both ways that is why I was asked to return it with regular post not UPS, DHL etc. and to declare a value of 50$ to avoid having him pay tax on his own product that he actually built it himself and exported it and now if it goes back via UPS it goes through customs and he has to pay import tax.

So if I return it, he fixes it and ships it back to me working not like @"yavormoskov"'s that arrived DOA, my total cost of ownership will rise

to 349+100+25+100=574 plus lets say 25 for shipping from Greece to Ukraine and we are up to 600$.
    and we still have the connector problem.

It is not an issue of me not being inpatient, I can wait a month and a half for the round trip. It is a money issue
    I already spent 475 and I cannot cover my losses. Say I spent another 125 all goes well and then I turn around and sell it.
    It would be a used refurbished unit that will barely get me a net 200$. So net loss $400. Either way you look at it is a huge loss.

Unless @ Garuspic comes up with some kind of a solution to these procedural problems associated with service issues there is not going to be any enthusiasm left to support future startups.

2. kintsaki
    I just got a call from the Greek post Office. Regular Air Mail with tracking is 27.5 Euros or approximately 30$.
    It used to be a long time ago that only UPS/FEDX/DHL etc.were going through customs now everything goes through customs and they want you to send them proof of price paid through your credit card even if it is a gift. I just received a set of IEM tips for 20$ including shipping that came to me in an envelope. It went through customs and I paid nothing because under 25Euros here is no tax but it took a month because it was in custom in queue. With air mail packets arrive in 2 to 5 days but if the airport is busy it may easily take 3 weeks to go through. This is why shipping times vary with location but not with distance.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    jaco61 likes this.
  3. jaco61
    .. it would be convenient a lot if the verum could be easy disassembled completely. Just broken connectors e.g. or else could have beeing solved localy with a fraction of the cost.
    still waiting for my used one on the way from germany. Makes me wonder if I could manage it sometime to open it up if something breaks or just for changing the grills or painting them black.

kintsaki likes this.
  4. kintsaki
    I own and have permanent access to all phones except Susvara. The Verum 1 is two times better than all of them at 1 /10 the cost. Especially if you buy the right AMP/DAC which is 1000Eurow the "RME ADI 2 DAC". The only exception is the Fostex T60 with ZMF PADS for the same money and as good.

trellus and jaco61 like this.
  5. jaco61
    ..ah thats good to know! RME still is on the (maybe) wanting list with some nice features too like eq and so on :)

Will hear how the lds labs atom performs. will be enough sure with more than 1 w / 32 ohm (verum is around 8ohm so quite more) and 0,7 ohm output res

6. kintsaki
    There is absolutely no comparison it is at least two steps below.
    What matters is that you need 0 constant impedance across the entire audio spectrum
    while music is playing.
    The only one that has this (0.1) from 7 Hz to 80KHz when in full orthodynamic load
    is the RME. If the specs the others give were true their amps would instantly destroy your
    ears
    Nobody gives spec under real life conditions they all cook the specs
    to look good, except RME read their manual don't waist your time and money.
    The nice DSP features are the icing on the cake.

7. Th3Drizzl3
    interesting can you not write warranty on the label? when we send out an items from here in the usa (i know its not as strict) i only have to claim warranty issues and then i dont get charged the fees

kintsaki likes this.
  8. kintsaki
    No unfortunately not. Not even that import tax has been paid and the item was exported to be repaired and the cost of repair was x $ so when the same item repaired and returned the tax should be on the cost of the repair.

But @Garuspik has already messaged me and figured out an original way to legally bypass this unfair bureaucracy.
    We are now in the process of figuring things out because I am currently away from home.
    So consider the problem solved.

9. jaco61
    I just got a confirmation from WayForPay only: Unbenannt.JPG
    To be sure everything is allright a short info from verum itself that the order is registered is missing (a bit) :wink:

10. Roderick
    My set ordered on 22th march arrived today. :)

Garuspik likes this.
  11. RestlessZombi
    Mine came few days back, Built incredibly well, great soundstage, tonally impressive even on my Average Amp and Simple balanced cable. 789 should be here in a month and I'll get round to making a better balanced cable soon.. :)

Would the Perforated Pads reduce the highs a little, i feel they are a little much on first listen?

Garuspik likes this.
  12. fpantalone
    I'm not a 'huge' believer in burn in, but these cans definitely changed for the better ... MUCH better after 20-30 hours burn in. New 'bang for the buck' king I think.

kintsaki, Garuspik and RestlessZombi like this.
  13. Garuspik
    @fpantalone after burn-in thin film that serve as a driver become more soft. I don't have time for burn-in (though I should do this) cause I was delaying anyway.

14. RestlessZombi
    Thanks, I has been thinking that it might be best to wait until they are a few hours in before making any judgements or changes to how they might sound. Just need some time to burn them in a little :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Garuspik likes this.
  15. nlwouter
    I also listened to them straight out of the box and the treble was too sharp and the mids fuzzy, but this completely dissapeared. i now love the verums and new pads are on the way.

kintsaki, Garuspik and RestlessZombi like this.
First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last