1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cskippy, Aug 22, 2018.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. Hifiearspeakers
    I agree with this. FR is not the final say, but it’s a very useful tool that should be utilized.

2. xRaptorxPunisher
    I love the design of the Verum but for me I would love a better headband. The cups are gorgeous and love the steampunk style. The headband is very functional this is purely from a vain point of view Haha!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2019
    Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  3. FullBright1
    So, as a heads up..
    My list of headphones, is very deep.
    Years of listening.
    I make my living, listening - performing.
    I've spent a small fortune on headphones, and will im sure, continue, if allowed.
    So, this affords me the opportunity to have a certain wide perspective, that only experience allows.
    This is why i can tell you, as a fact, that there is nothing currently available, or anything in the future coming online
    that is going to be anywhere near the value and sonic performance of the V1s , unless the maker of the V1's puts out something else.

I recently posted some photos that give members here a literal perspective high def concept of the size of these headphones, as they are not small.
    Also, the photos show the beauty of their design, and how it surpasses, 3 of the comparison, tho some might think the Sendy is as pretty, aesthetically.
    In person, the V1 is prettier then the Sendy, and also much much larger.
    My point is.... this headphone, regarding purchasing it, is a "no brainer"........its beyond this, when considering the V1's build quality, aesthetic quality, and sound quality.
    Just this morning i was doing a swap.....listening to the LCD-X and then the V1....back and forth, and as i had originally thought/reviewed, the V1, is way way way too much headphone for $350, or even $950.00.
    Its a great headphone, and i hope the builder makes other models asap.
    Support this builder, as he is the real deal.

happy listening, all. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  4. franz12
    The LCD-X is in my short list, though I never heard them. Do you think the V1 is better than the LCD-X?

5. xRaptorxPunisher
    I used to own the LCD-X I think those looking for the X should just grab a 2C. It doesn't have that plastic timbre like the X's and have more impact. I personally think the Verum is superior to the LCD-X by a considerable margin in liquidity, tonality and resolution.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2019
  6. franz12
    I only heard the lcd2-cb, not lcd2c. While the lcd2-cb is a great headphone, but my biggest criticism is that it doesn't handle busy phases very well and sounds often congested. I heard that the lcd2c has a similar issue.
    Also, tonality balances can be easily improved by using the Reveal or Sonarworks plug-in, while the lack of technical proficiency is hard to be overcome.

kintsaki likes this.
  7. SilverEars
    That's one of my biggest caveats as well. I like good separation, and dislike it when sounds seems congested, and blended sounding. Also, loss of mids clarity. The congestion of course reduces clarity, but also mids sounding a bit cloudy does that as well.

I don't like how planars drop around 2k or so.

8. xRaptorxPunisher
    The LCD-2C has what I'd call a smokey jazz club type presentation. To some this could be considered congestion, lushness etc. They don't have issues with separation though they're just not super clean like say a HD800, Focal line up etc but I always find planars lack clarity in general.

I would say overall they have a romantic type colouration but they're extremely dynamic and powerful sounding with good speed. Faster than the Verum but the Verum is cleaner, almost like a dynamic in that respect. Think of the Verum as a HD600 and the LCD-2C as the HD650 in that one is tuned a bit more serious while the other has a similar tuning with some character.

omniweltall likes this.
  9. franz12
    I don't think that is true.
    The lack of clarity usually depends on the extent to which damping material is used (+ cup reverb), not because they are planars. My HE-1000SE has extreme clarity even more so than the Utopia, because I think it does not use any damping material and minimized cup reverb. The Verum may have more clarity than the LCD2C because perhaps, I didn't see much damping material used in there. Audeze is also known to use damping material inside the cup.
    Focal headphones have good clarity, because they don't use damping material, though I still hear some cup reverb. Sennheiser also doesn't use much damping material, while it might have some cup reverb. ZMF headphones rely more on damping material and have cup reverb, so they usually lack clarity compared to others.

10. franz12
    Thanks for confirming this. I value your opinion. Instrument separations are important to me as well.

11. Hifiearspeakers
    You beat me to it. I was just going to say, listen to the HEK SE and tell me planars don’t have clarity.

franz12 likes this.
  12. justin Montagano
    @FullBright1

Have you tried swapping pads at all?

I tried my audeze vegan pads and they lose a little bit s sparkle but gain such nice full mid/low end.

13. FullBright1
    Have not tried them yet........ but look forward to the experience...:)

PaganDL likes this.
  14. justin Montagano
    Let us know when your impressions when you do, I feel pad swapping can unlock some hidden potential on these.

omniweltall likes this.
  15. AxelCloris Administrator
    Let's please keep the thread on-topic. Everyone is here to discuss the Verum, not one another. Thanks everyone.

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last